Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Upcoming K-Town Z/G meet info - Check Here!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 09:15 AM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Profink
Anyone want to donate some money to me so I can buy a new set of TAs and not wait on the used ones?
hmm.. i can give you a cookie?

lol..

ok so question.. i got into a huge discussion about this with mike [the big armenian guy, fastz33 ont he forums]
should i get springs first, enjoy them, get used to the lower height, THEN get wheels? that's what he recommends.
or, should i just get wheels/springs at the same time? that's kind of what i want.

the plan.. wheels+tires are gonna be my xmas gift to myself. gotta pay off my cc and save up ~$3500 by december to ensure i'll have the funds...
what do you guys think?
also, opinions on gram lights?
i've had my eye on gram lights 57maximum in white for a while.. i just don't know too much about them. hell i don't even know if they fit the z. can you make any wheel fit any car?

you guys are some of the few i trust so.... your advice is well appreciated!

oh and... are these wheels rare or something? how hard is it gonna be to get them? should i put in a preorder or something?
omg i want new wheeeeeels. plus i need new tires anyway [lol too many canyon runs, oops]
oh yeah, recommendations on tires? something that i won't be scared sh*tless to drive in the rain with.

on a side note, my concentration is crap today.. dammit.

Last edited by onedirtyz; 09-12-2007 at 09:18 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:18 AM
Profink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gsazabi
Hey Doug what was up with that itrader rating you gave me over sushi? LOL
I was bored. Not much else I can say.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:21 AM
erickim080387

Originally Posted by oneDIRTYz

lol..

ok so question.. i got into a huge discussion about this with mike [the big armenian guy, fastz33 ont he forums]
should i get springs first, enjoy them, get used to the lower height, THEN get wheels? that's what he recommends.
or, should i just get wheels/springs at the same time? that's kind of what i want.

the plan.. wheels+tires are gonna be my xmas gift to myself. gotta pay off my cc and save up ~$3500 by december to ensure i'll have the funds...
what do you guys think?
i've had my eye on gram lights 57maximum in white for a while.. i just don't know too much about them. hell i don't even know if they fit the z. can you make any wheel fit any car?

oh and... are these wheels rare or something? how hard is it gonna be to get them? should i put in a preorder or something?
omg i want new wheeeeeels. plus i need new tires anyway [lol too many canyon runs, oops]
oh yeah, recommendations on tires? something that i won't be scared sh*tless to drive in the rain with.

looks alright..
or u can be like danny and get white TEs! lol dropped on tanabes!
Old 09-12-2007, 09:22 AM
Profink

lol..

what do you guys think?

I'll take a cookie. When can I get it?

I think those are going to look great on your car. Figure its going to take 90 days to get them in though as its a special order from Japan. I'd talk to Andy@Performance. As far as springs go, I'll let you know in a week. I'm having some put on this saturday, but won't have my wheels yet.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:24 AM
gsazabi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Neiri:

Don't listen to Mike! lol jk Damn I thought Mike was white the whole time lol
I say you just drop and get wheels at the same time.
It doesn't really matter which you get first..but your car should be
DEFINITELY dropped once the wheels are on there..or else it'll look like sh*t.
Grams are nice. They're made by Rays, which make Volks..
I'm not TOO familiar with Grams though, so imma have to do some research on offsets and sizings and stuff.
Those will look very clean on your car though, white on white looks clean as hell.

Last edited by gsazabi; 09-12-2007 at 09:28 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:26 AM
erickim080387

yeah, whatever you get, make sure you get LOW offsetsssssss!! just buy mine! hahaha
Old 09-12-2007, 09:27 AM
stylett9

lol..

what do you guys think?

i don't know much about wheels so i cannot help you there. But as far as your springs go, IMO, i would either leave it stock, or get full coilovers. If you get springs in the long run you are going to end up blowing/damaging your stock shocks.

But whatever you do, make sure to get alignment! Don't want to put those new tires to waste without alignment.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:29 AM
stylett9

doug, are you still waiting on those Time attacks? WTH man? Tell that guy to give em up.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Profink

Originally Posted by stylett9
doug, are you still waiting on those Time attacks? WTH man? Tell that guy to give em up.
There's some drama going on there. I offered the guy a nice deal, so we can take care of everything quickly, but if I don't hear back by tonight I'm just getting a new set if its still available. the problem with the new set is that I'll have to buy lugs, and pay for mounting and balancing, so its just even more money I have to spend. I am tired of waiting though, so we'll see.

If I buy the new ones I'm going to go on a tire shopping frenzy, so I can get everything done on Saturday.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:41 AM
stylett9

drama... Man, since when can people come up with drama when trying to sell stuff. Lame, i say ditch the guy and just go find another set. Did you get your fujitas installed yet?

I'm going to WCN this saturday for my motul oil change and they have the fujitas in stock.. I'm tempted to just get them there and have them installed...

how do you like them?(if you have them installed)
Old 09-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Profink

drama... Man, since when can people come up with drama when trying to sell stuff. Lame, i say ditch the guy and just go find another set. Did you get your fujitas installed yet?

I'm going to WCN this saturday for my motul oil change and they have the fujitas in stock.. I'm tempted to just get them there and have them installed...

how do you like them?(if you have them installed)
When are you going WCN? I need to go in for an oil change. No fujitas yet, but I should be picking them up saturday morning. I'm installing them myself though, so I have to wait till I get home to have some fun.

As for the TAs, I'm hoping to hear from the guy tonight and that I can get my wheels this weekend. If that's not the case then I'm probably going to move on.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:53 AM
stylett9

i'm going this saturday probably as early as possible(around 7:30-8AM). You should come too! I might get my intakes installed there or do it myself if i'm not too beat from school this week.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:10 AM
Profink

i'm going this saturday probably as early as possible(around 7:30-8AM). You should come too! I might get my intakes installed there or do it myself if i'm not too beat from school this week.
You making an appointment or you just rolling in? I was going to try to go to Street Image at 9. Ben wants to go out drinking friday night, so I don't even know if I'm going to be able to get up in time to do anything earlier. We'll see.

Saturday could end up being a busy day especially if I get the other TAs. Street Image + 2 dealerships. By the time I'm done driving around I'll have to go back in for another oil change.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:22 AM
gimpster621

get wheels and springs at the same time!
Old 09-12-2007, 10:47 AM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

springs vs coilovers: discuss.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:48 AM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

i don't know much about wheels so i cannot help you there. But as far as your springs go, IMO, i would either leave it stock, or get full coilovers. If you get springs in the long run you are going to end up blowing/damaging your stock shocks.

But whatever you do, make sure to get alignment! Don't want to put those new tires to waste without alignment.
if i leave it stock though... it's gonna look like crap with new wheels. i'll need a drop in any case.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:23 AM
gimpster621

if ure not gonna track and just going for a lowered look. just get springs. if you plan on tracking the car and adjusting the height get coils
Old 09-12-2007, 12:09 PM
Pooplet

i would get rims and drop at the same time. Not to mention alignment
Old 09-12-2007, 12:15 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Originally Posted by gimpster621
if ure not gonna track and just going for a lowered look. just get springs. if you plan on tracking the car and adjusting the height get coils
thx danny, i know that much. what's stylett saying about damaging my stock shocks though? that's a little worrisome.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:20 PM
Blu_Blur

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I know the Mike you speak of. Doesn't he have the Interlagos Fire, '06? Nice guy and a crazy driver.

Hung out with him a few times.

As for your question, there is no need to get 'used' to anything. As soon as you get your rims put on with your stock ride height, you are going to HATE the look. If oyu can afford it, purchase the rims and springs at the same time and put them on at the same time.

It's not like you have to get used to a completely different car and it will look so much better. Hell, even putting a turbo on really didn't make me feel as if I had to relearn driving the Z.

Quick Reply: Upcoming K-Town Z/G meet info - Check Here!