Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

NEED HELP!!!! hit and run!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 02:05 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was involved in a Hit and Run about 2 months ago. Some bastard cut me off on the freeway hit my car and took off. I didn't want to chase him since you don't know what people are capable of these days. Anyways called 911 made a report of it over the phone, gave them the plates, what happened, etc. Called my insurance a few days later, gave them the same info, what happened, etc. They sent someone out to my body shop and cut me a check within a few days. Since there was no property damage and it wasn't my fault it doesn't effect my insurance rates or anything. I have AAA and was very satisfied with the way everything was handled.

Good luck!

-George
GT Motorsports
Old 10-16-2006, 02:08 PM
lb's vq35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn Zero thats good work and hopefully it works out z-power keep us with the updates
Old 10-16-2006, 02:18 PM
Zero

Originally Posted by George@GTM
I was involved in a Hit and Run about 2 months ago. Some bastard cut me off on the freeway hit my car and took off. I didn't want to chase him since you don't know what people are capable of these days. Anyways called 911 made a report of it over the phone, gave them the plates, what happened, etc. Called my insurance a few days later, gave them the same info, what happened, etc. They sent someone out to my body shop and cut me a check within a few days. Since there was no property damage and it wasn't my fault it doesn't effect my insurance rates or anything. I have AAA and was very satisfied with the way everything was handled.

Good luck!

-George
GT Motorsports
^ Good advise if you don't want to do a street justice.

The insurance company will go after the guy. You should also demand that you shouldn't be paying for any deductible and car rental. If you were in the car during an accident, you might want to talk to a lawyer too.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:25 PM
Phatmitzu

Oh no! Good thing you got that ****'s plate. I say let the police handle it.
Keep us updated.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:56 PM
Z-Power

my wife was in the passenger seat waiting for me when that guy hit my car. should i contact my lawer about that? i think she should go to a doctor for an body exam but i was afraid if that guy dosen't have insurance is that means my insurance have to pay my car's repair and the fee for the doctor. if my insurance pay everything will my insurance fees gose up because of that?
Old 10-16-2006, 10:24 PM
Z-Power

his vin# 1GNCT18Z4J0160212
Old 10-16-2006, 10:27 PM
Z-Power

Originally Posted by Zero
Here is Estrada Smog Check Test Only station information.

Estradas Smog Check Test Only
14841 Ramona Blvd
Baldwin Park CA 91706-3438 United States

Tel: 626-960-3222

You probably can get telephone number of the guy who hit you.
thanks for the info bro!
Old 10-16-2006, 10:35 PM
Z-Power

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
So, did you do anything about it yet?
yup! report to the LASD already and my insurance too. my insurance is trying to find that motherf**ker now, trying to get the insurance from him. if he dosent have insurance my insurnace will fix my car. just wondering if my insurance fix my car will they increasing fees?
Old 10-16-2006, 10:48 PM
barthelb
Master

Report it to the PD like mentioned above.
Try to get a Police Report and any witnesses (statements and contact info).
Contact your insurance
Oh and take plenty pictures.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:06 PM
Zero

Originally Posted by Z-Power
my wife was in the passenger seat waiting for me when that guy hit my car. should i contact my lawer about that? i think she should go to a doctor for an body exam but i was afraid if that guy dosen't have insurance is that means my insurance have to pay my car's repair and the fee for the doctor. if my insurance pay everything will my insurance fees gose up because of that?

Talk to a lawyer, you should not pay for anything.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:52 AM
hkman78

Smile

Originally Posted by Z-Power

No, I dont think your insurance would increase since you are not at fault. I hope you have Uninsurance Motorist on your policy. If you have that coverage, then you should not have to pay a dime since you have the Lic# of the other car. Your insurnace will pay for the repair of your car and any REASONABLE injury claim. Your insurance will then go after register owner of the car or their insurance carrier. Good luck on that.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:30 AM
CRIDDA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If u have to make a comp claim then yes your ins will go up. If u have uninsured mostorist(um) coverage, make sure when u make the claim that it get filed under um coverage. this should prevent ur premiums from going up. at least that is how it works here in GA. I sell property and causuality ins in GA.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:38 AM
hkman78

Originally Posted by CRIDDA
If u have to make a comp claim then yes your ins will go up. If u have uninsured mostorist(um) coverage, make sure when u make the claim that it get filed under um coverage. this should prevent ur premiums from going up. at least that is how it works here in GA. I sell property and causuality ins in GA.
It should not be a comp claim since he has license plate# of the other car. It will probably handle under his collision policy. Then they will find out of register owner has insurance or not. If no insurance, then it will turn into UM claim. As far as premium, maybe different company has different approach. With my company that I work for. Insurance wont increase as long as they are not found chargable (which mean more than 51% at fault).