Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Props to Shawn Church, Church automotive testing

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 04:28 AM
Bigalow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
Gains on the same dyno is what should be looked at and not at just the numbers. There's no need to put an emphasis on that since numbers are just numbers. A dyno before and after on the same machine is a tool to measure gains and that is it if you are looking for good tuning.
+1

Originally Posted by IconicAcclaim
Church is pretty popular in the Honda scene. I know he's supposed to work wonders with Kpro. A buddy of mine had his boosted rsx tuned there. I had my both my twinscroll KA24DE-T 240sx (on greddy emanage blue) and GT35r s2000 (on AEM EMS) tuned at church's. I have nothing but good things to say about each time I went there. Shawn was very helpful and even cut me a huge break when I had to go back to get retuned (maxed out the fuel system on the 240 the first time and the clutch wouldn't hold past 400hp the second time). The tunes he wrote for me were amazing. When the 240 came in, it was on a trailer and barely ran. After a little bit of tweaking, church had it running like a dream. I wish I had still had a copy of the dyno sheets to post, but they got lost somewhere in the sands of time. If he tuned HKS FCON VPRO, I would have taken my boosted Z there. Last time I checked though, he didn't tune FCON.
I'm glad to hear all the good reviews regarding Church. Seems like there's only good things to say. I'm always paranoid with my vehicles and only want to use the best tuners. I was about to visit Garage Bosso, and I might depending on my needs, but I think Church will be my primary tuner.