Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Talkin about thieves. . .

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 05:22 PM
KPierson
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a break in from an amateur, probably some 15-18 year old kid who read about Nissan's security flaw that they've had on most of their cars for 10+ years.

The back of the key cylinder has three wires on it. One is a ground, one is a lock signal, one is an unlock signal. If you pop out the door handle and touch the ground to the unlock the doors will electronically unlock and the alarm will disarm. Just like that, they are in the car with no alarm going off.

What can you do? https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-video/245840-oem-security-system-upgrade.html

A quick, easy mod that disables this. The downside is they still damage your vehicle, the upside is that they don't actually gain access. The OEM alarm is actually pretty good, but it doesn't have a shock sensor (those are a pain anyway). The door, hood, or trunk has to be opened while the alarm is armed in order for the alarm to go off.

If you want more protection, boostedconcepts.com was selling add on single stage shock sensors that integrate in to the OEM alarm. This will give you a little more protection.

Unless you want a remote start system, or some sort of GPS tracking I don't see a point in adding an aftermarket alarm. If you want added protection follow the instructions above and add a shock sensor. For $20 you'll have a system just as effective but without the cost of the alarm and the hassles of the installation.

You can even add the ability to remotely raise the windows from the OEM keyfob. What more could you want?
Old 03-08-2007, 05:29 PM
kPaNdA350

Wow, nice write up thanks. I might look into that shock sensor.

So are you saying whoever did it gained access into my car? I don't see anything missing...
Old 03-09-2007, 02:20 AM
KPierson
Banned

If they gained access to the wires then I would assume they got in.

Maybe they didn't find anything of value?

Maybe they were planning on coming back later to steal the car?

Maybe someone scared them off?

They were 98% of the way to opening the car with no alarm, so I would guess that they did!
Old 03-09-2007, 09:28 AM
style JDM

hey kpanda take it to western autobody...

western and 1st st. and tell them i sent u there...

will give u good price