Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

First Fix-It Ticket...What's it gonna cost?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 07:23 PM
joeyca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Fix-It Ticket...What's it gonna cost?

On Cinco de Drinko, I was on the 101 N. in LA taking my mom to a concert for an early Mother's Day. Right before my damn exit I get pulled over. Get cited for:
cvc 26101 Tinted rear lights
cvc 5200-a No front plate
cvc 26708-a1 Window tint
Whata pr*ck. I get the BS 3 for 1 special when Im sure there's drunkards weavin' down the highway. Anyway, my question is this....Officer Pigbadge checked off non-correctable on the tail lights and plate violations. Does this mean I just pay whatever fine each imposes and get to keep my lights as-is and my front plate in the trunk?... Or does it mean, I have to fix all 3 with the window tint violation getting signed off/dismissed and required to pay for the other 2?
Old 05-10-2007, 08:59 PM
pay

your right arm and your left leg .... no seriously it shouldnt be too bad plus those should be correctable offenses.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:03 PM
Checkmate58

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're pretty much screwed if he checked non-correctable. So regardless of whether you fix it or not, you still have to pay a hefty fine.

I got fined 114 dollars for having a red bulb in the rear versus the stock orange and it was checked off as non-correctable.

--Sam
Old 05-10-2007, 09:24 PM
gimpster621

tinted lights i dunno but for tint and plates its 10 bux each at a chp office
Old 05-10-2007, 09:48 PM
kourosH

Son of a b!tch. What kind of rear tail light tint did you have? Pictures?????
Old 05-11-2007, 12:53 PM
gsazabi

costed me 10 bucks for no front plate
Old 05-11-2007, 01:19 PM
UHATEIT

fix-it tickets are $10 for the whole thing (all 3 fines) at CHP, but they are jacking people now for that tint and with a non correctable I have no idea.

That's the first I've seen for the tinted taillights! Those must be super dark cuz lots of people have those tinted taillights
Old 05-11-2007, 01:46 PM
LAKERSFAN

i just got a ticket for tint and no front plate but both where checked off as correctable........

Freaking pigs seriously have nothing better to do then mess with you for tint....

The cops like, you know its dangerous for us when you have tint on your car and we cant see inside. Well, then why take the risk of pulling me over just for tint..... What a bunch of dumb as*'s.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:48 PM
ML37

Originally Posted by Checkmate58
You're pretty much screwed if he checked non-correctable. So regardless of whether you fix it or not, you still have to pay a hefty fine.

I got fined 114 dollars for having a red bulb in the rear versus the stock orange and it was checked off as non-correctable.

--Sam
should've fought that one. law states that lights in the back can be orange or red.

can anyone chime in on why some cops make the same infraction correctable and some make it non-correctable?

ie: front plates, tinted tails, exhaust.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:52 PM
LAKERSFAN

Originally Posted by ML37
should've fought that one. law states that lights in the back can be orange or red.

can anyone chime in on why some cops make the same infraction correctable and some make it non-correctable?

ie: front plates, tinted tails, exhaust.

same reason some cops pull you over for tint and others dont. They have a stick up their as s!
Old 05-11-2007, 03:24 PM
THE TECH

If they make it non-correctable, the city gets more money.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:33 PM
joeyca

Thanks guys for the input. Sounds like its more of a hassle rather than huge fine...fixing then re-tinting the windows...ordering a second set of lights to swap just to get it written off...blah blah etc. I had the tail lights spray tinted and theyre not even all that dark, perhaps a really dark cherry color.
And yeah, this chp guy was an a1 a**hole. There were 2 patrol cars, one in front of the other on my left side. The first car passed me while the 2nd pulled me over. He said "I pulled you over for tinted tail lights and no front plate". He never was in front of my car and never walked in front to see any missing plate. So obviously it was a tag team. Pig 1 who passed me up earlier saw my plate felony and told Pig 2. And of course I did the standard roll both windows down before he walks up trick. I thought we were all done and as a bonus he tells me to roll the window up. BINGO!!! Violation #3.
I bet he got off good that night with all the lame tickets he wrote up. Im sure his only other form of entertainment is sitting in front of the computer with a bag of cheetoes and an orange d*ck.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:14 AM
UHATEIT

Originally Posted by joeyca
I bet he got off good that night with all the lame tickets he wrote up. Im sure his only other form of entertainment is sitting in front of the computer with a bag of cheetoes and an orange d*ck.

AMEN to that! i bet they'll make everyone roll up their windows now just to check, which will really suck. stupid cops. good luck on your ticket