Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Grip vs. Drift

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 04:12 PM
erickim080387

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yangs s14
i love both grip and drift,(id rather drift i went to track alot w/ my s14 (mostly drift) its very fun especially when you get lots of seat time..people say yah you can mess your car up drifting but i dont think it messes it up that bad i think any form of racing can mess up your car, if i had the funds to drift a z, hell yah i would love to, and people mite say oh but your going to put dents and scratches on your car, IMO those people are vaginas XD j/k

grip is definatly faster around the corner
cars for grip
lotus exige or elise blah blah blah
civic w/ k series
Z
Nsx

drift
any 240
350z
g35
is250
actually any rwd car can do it lol
lol... it wouldnt be very smart for me, because i dont know HOw to drift.. i would if i knew... but i dont want to be crashing into walls at 50+mph LOL
Old 10-31-2007, 04:41 PM
yangs s14

Originally Posted by erickim080387
lol... it wouldnt be very smart for me, because i dont know HOw to drift.. i would if i knew... but i dont want to be crashing into walls at 50+mph LOL

dood honestly ppl say its very hard to drift, imo its not... just dont be afraid, be confident, and at willowsprings (balcony or htm)there is no wall just small rocks and dirt well at htm theres others.....hahahaha but you wont total your car there.. so yah i say everyone should do it

like nike says "Just Do It"

lol and i cant really say much cause i used to take the s14 and i didnt really give a crap about the car, it got sideways lol

Last edited by yangs s14; 10-31-2007 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:38 PM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

I feel you I feel the Z needs to be abused she's like a girl that wants to be spanked when "D-stylin". My Z is far from flawless all dented up, faded paint, semi neglected with dents and battle scars all over but I love "tracking" her... love driving my z makes my day much better on the road although I discourage street racing etc.... I wanted to build up a 240sx but the hassles of referee tickets, dodging cops, dodging thieves and a swap that will cost a fortune to build on a beat up 17 yr old motor I'd rather throw that money in the Z. I'd love to build a 240 dnt get me wrong but like a civic it takes $$$ to make it fast and decent.

Most SR20det's are like 3rd hand beat to crap motors not even from japan usually anymore, a lot come from thailand, singapore and all over asia unless you get a fairly newer black top or build it from the ground up you will spend more money maintaining that motor, beautiful cars and motors that have a lot of potential and parts but = money pit though

same w/ hachis

Not hating never I'd love to own either but I know the money involved in playing with one
Old 10-31-2007, 05:42 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

my friend rolled his car several times at htm a month or two ago...
totaling a car is very possible.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:44 PM
Lawy'dU

Originally Posted by 918 Z
i would love to grip a ariel atom. that would be awesome. being able to see the tire hit the apex every corner. plus that open cockpit...oooohhhh. as far as drift goes, the s13/s14 coupe and my Z. i have the nismo lsd now so its so controlled in a slide. makes it easy to bring that bir *** around. i love that sc, its got cf doors to lighten the body up now. i read all the stuff he did to that car, a bunch of 1 off custom work
I don't know why you people are crazy about the SC. It weighs more than the damn supra, with weaker suspension but it has the 2jzdett motor. It's a horrible car for drifting, which is why it took so much effort to make that car competitive.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:18 PM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My buddies sc300 with a single turbo weighs 3300 lbs. I dunno where you guys are getting these numbers from. He does have volks wheels but that wouldn't drop the weight that much.

Grip:

Porsche GT3RS
Skyline GTR
S2K
EXIGE
MRS w/GTS motor
Spoon CTR
Spoon ITR
C6 Z06
EVO IX

Drift:

AE86
S15
RX7
Old 10-31-2007, 11:39 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,317 Likes on 1,668 Posts

Grip
SVT Focus
Lotus Exige
C6 Z06
350Z
32 to 34 Skyline GTR or GTS-t
s15
AE86
to many more to list

Drift
S13 to S15
GTS-T Skylines
AE86
Fc and FD
Most of the normal cars
Old 10-31-2007, 11:45 PM
Zilvia

Grip:
Sti
Evo
Elise
911 gt3 rs (euro)
Gtr R32

Drift:
240sx coupe/hatch/silvt..........
350z
s15
2 door er34 rwd converted RB26 gtst
ls2 pwrd FD RX7
SR20 pwrd AE86 levin hatc
Old 11-01-2007, 12:52 AM
yangs s14

Originally Posted by Boneout JZA80
I feel you I feel the Z needs to be abused she's like a girl that wants to be spanked when "D-stylin". My Z is far from flawless all dented up, faded paint, semi neglected with dents and battle scars all over but I love "tracking" her... love driving my z makes my day much better on the road although I discourage street racing etc.... I wanted to build up a 240sx but the hassles of referee tickets, dodging cops, dodging thieves and a swap that will cost a fortune to build on a beat up 17 yr old motor I'd rather throw that money in the Z. I'd love to build a 240 dnt get me wrong but like a civic it takes $$$ to make it fast and decent.

Most SR20det's are like 3rd hand beat to crap motors not even from japan usually anymore, a lot come from thailand, singapore and all over asia unless you get a fairly newer black top or build it from the ground up you will spend more money maintaining that motor, beautiful cars and motors that have a lot of potential and parts but = money pit though

same w/ hachis

Not hating never I'd love to own either but I know the money involved in playing with one
lol i ran ka w/ bolt-ons and had used 2 exhaust cams coilovers, and welded diff lolol so i didnt really much worry about cops since my car was very stockish...

Originally Posted by ihatethatbobbarker
my friend rolled his car several times at htm a month or two ago...
totaling a car is very possible.
yah actually your rite, now that i think about it, it very much possible, mustve been on something during that other post

lol
Old 11-01-2007, 07:33 AM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

Originally Posted by yangs s14
lol i ran ka w/ bolt-ons and had used 2 exhaust cams coilovers, and welded diff lolol so i didnt really much worry about cops since my car was very stockish...

lol

but did you make it look stockish in fear of cops or you didnt really care much about looks... just curious because id love to have an S14 but at least make it look decent and presentable to chicks even since i love women and they dont understand the difference between a 318 and an M3.. and a battle scared up nissan
Old 11-01-2007, 03:33 PM
yangs s14

but did you make it look stockish in fear of cops or you didnt really care much about looks... just curious because id love to have an S14 but at least make it look decent and presentable to chicks even since i love women and they dont understand the difference between a 318 and an M3.. and a battle scared up nissan

i didnt really care much about looks..but thats just me..yah my car even became 2-tone from a accident and didnt even matter to me..haha i left the front-end (fenders,hood,bumper) purple and the rest blueish green..LOL
yah but if i had the choice again, i wouldve made the s13 a track/beater and the s14 into a beautiful car...*sigh* and the s14 is now in drift heaven but now i have a z(i would love to mod it but everything for the z is goddamn wayy too much)well when it comes to drifting anyway...(spares,diff cause you cant weld the diff and get some 16's or 15's and call it a day)... , oh and im actually going to be picking up a s13 real soooooon that im going to be working on.., ill post some pics if anyone gets interested (doubt it though cause this is not a s chassis forum) lolol

edited: oh and another reason why the s14 looked stock was probably because of funds at the time.....LOLOLOL but seriously at the time i didnt care

Last edited by yangs s14; 11-01-2007 at 03:38 PM.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:40 AM
rkd350z

Grip:
911 GT3
GT-R
350Z
EVO
Elise

DRIFT:
S13,S15,S14
350Z
BMW 540 wagon
AE86 Tureno
Corvette Zo6 Blue edition

I think.. yeah.. Zo6... but I don't know..
Old 11-04-2007, 01:13 PM
06r33z

same w/ hachis

i know what your talking about. i sold my s13 with sr swap because of those same reasons" referee tickets, dodging cops, dodging thieves" But one hell of a drift car