Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

August Meet

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 06:36 PM
bobowah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by hfm
I like the Reno/Tahoe trip idea. More gambling!! But, I also like the SF area. Really love that town, lots to do and if someone like Failsafe or some of the other No. Cal. dudes can show us the hot spots, we should have a lot of fun. Cabin & lake sound fun. But so does more clubs and night outs.

I want to hear what the girls want. Usually speaking, if the women are happy, the men will be too.

Um former native... I still know the hot spots... However if there are new "dance" clubs then I don't know... But for the shady spots that's not a problem... they have not changed.

Only issue with SF... is money will be spent and there is no way to recover it... like in Vegas.. It's a 25% chance you can win some money to pay for the weekend.
Old 06-03-2003, 07:50 PM
failsafe
....for your health

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by importriders
Okay we should make this a joint meet. Norcal meets Socal. So if you Norcal guys want to post a link in your forum that would be cool. But I guess we should decide where we are going.
I'll start a post in the NorCal forum and link this thread.

Excellent bars, restaurants and clubs (Ruby Sky, Kickback etc.). I'm sure Bobo knows North Beach being from San Fran originally- entertainment on every corner.
Although Tahoe/Reno would be very fun and I think we could get a good amount of people to go with enough notice. SoCal group decides .
Old 06-03-2003, 08:42 PM
importriders

Originally posted by bobowah
Um former native... I still know the hot spots... However if there are new "dance" clubs then I don't know... But for the shady spots that's not a problem... they have not changed.

Only issue with SF... is money will be spent and there is no way to recover it... like in Vegas.. It's a 25% chance you can win some money to pay for the weekend.
Thats why I like the Reno/Tahoe idea. There is gambling for you gamblers out there. I know we have a few in the Socal krew. And I'm sure there are clubs/bars to go to in Reno. Or we can just have a party in our cabin. Plus the lake for water activities. Well...you Norcal guys have as much say as we do. SF is always a cool place to visit too. I lived in Berkeley for a couple of years and wouldn't mind visiting some friends.
Old 06-03-2003, 08:58 PM
bobowah

Originally posted by failsaf3
I'll start a post in the NorCal forum and link this thread.

Excellent bars, restaurants and clubs (Ruby Sky, Kickback etc.). I'm sure Bobo knows North Beach being from San Fran originally- entertainment on every corner.
Although Tahoe/Reno would be very fun and I think we could get a good amount of people to go with enough notice. SoCal group decides .
Is Ruby Sky still popular?

North Beach is too high brow... :P

Crazy Horse down in the Tenderloin More asian chicks.

But we need to take them to the Disneyland of Gentlemen's clubs Mitchell Brother's O'farrell Theather.

and then go for some after hours fun.
Old 06-03-2003, 09:10 PM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by bobowah
SilvrZ

Where have you been?

This is the first time I've seen you post in a while.
bobowah:
my work keeps me super busy from Jan to May every year. That's the "busy season". I started posting more often in June, basically... that's why you didn't see me for a while. I've been MIA'ing. But I'm back to stay at least till next January again.
Old 06-03-2003, 09:24 PM
hfm

Originally posted by Butterfly20
I think I'm out of this one. No funds=no go.
It's two months away. If it remains an issue, we will have you covered.

I'm leaning towards IR's suggestion. SF is very, very expensive.
With Reno, we may be able to cut costs and maybe even win some money.

Still open to suggestions. But, BF or Iris being excluded isn't an option, they add sugar and spice to the trip.
Old 06-03-2003, 09:30 PM
importriders

Originally posted by hfm

Still open to suggestions. But, BF or Iris being excluded isn't an option, they add sugar and spice to the trip.
LOL....Dan has spoken. Now you two have to go. Anyways, this could turn out to be a HUGE event with both Socal and Norcal!!!!
Old 06-03-2003, 09:53 PM
failsafe
....for your health

North Beach is too high brow... :P
Yea, you're right North Beach may be to sophisticated - plus everyone would have to be "packing"

I would love to do Tahoe/Reno- that's my two cents.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:08 AM
iris

Whatever people decide is cool with me. Went to Berkeley, love SF but understand the $$ issue (hotels are a *****!!!!!!!!!), Reno and Tahoe are cool too.

This is the only caveat: hfm is right, it is 2 months away. But I have a BIG trial scheduled to start August 4 (P's claiming $200 M in patent case). Anyway, it MIGHT settle, but we aren't going to know until middle of July when we do a mock trial for the client and he sees how screwed we are.

SO PLEASE MAKE IT AS LATE IN AUGUST AS POSSIBLE. Hopefully it'll only go 2 weeks.

And let's make it as cheap as possible for our students.... (bfly, bobbarker, dc).

p.s. steph, I LUV your AVATAR!!!
Old 06-04-2003, 09:58 AM
failsafe
....for your health

LOL- Imports new avatar is killing me
Old 06-04-2003, 10:03 AM
Mr B

ROFL... all these new avatars are friggin hilarious! GILF GILF GILF! LOL.
But sadly, I doubt I can make a trip up north in August. I have way too many things scheduled for the weekends and I doubt many people can go during the week. I guess I'll have to sit out on this trip.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:07 AM
iris

Originally posted by failsaf3
LOL- Imports new avatar is killing me
OMG, I AM DYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2003, 10:10 AM
kaiser23

MY vote (not that it counts, since I might not go) would be tahoe/reno over SF definitely. But that's just cause I lived in the Bay Area for 2 years, so I've seen it all up there. Never been to tahoe.

-Sean
Old 06-04-2003, 10:11 AM
importriders

Originally posted by Mr B
ROFL... all these new avatars are friggin hilarious! GILF GILF GILF! LOL.
But sadly, I doubt I can make a trip up north in August. I have way too many things scheduled for the weekends and I doubt many people can go during the week. I guess I'll have to sit out on this trip.

NO!!!!!!!! You have to go Mr. B!!!! Okay, some of you have expressed going back to Vegas. That is still an option. I'm sure the socal krew would love to do Vegas again.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:17 AM
kaiser23

NO!!!!!!!! You have to go Mr. B!!!! Okay, some of you have expressed going back to Vegas. That is still an option. I'm sure the socal krew would love to do Vegas again.
That would be cool too, but I would fly this time. Get tickets ahead of time, and it's only like $80 round trip.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:24 AM
importriders

Originally posted by kaiser23
That would be cool too, but I would fly this time. Get tickets ahead of time, and it's only like $80 round trip.
Damn...thats a definite possibility. Dont have to worry about leaving so early on Sunday to beat traffic.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:29 AM
kaiser23

Damn...thats a definite possibility. Dont have to worry about leaving so early on Sunday to beat traffic.
Just priced it for the weekend of August 23-24. Flight out friday night (22nd) at 10:30 (yeah, a little late), flight back monday (25th) at 8:05 am, early enough to get to work. $70 round trip from LAX.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:33 AM
Cazzz Z

Default Yeah, right..

Originally posted by Butterfly20
I think I'm out of this one. No funds=no go.
After showing these picts of your fine A$$ in Vegas, I bet if we passed the hat for a "HELP SPONSOR BUTTERFLYNEXT TRIP FUND" , you could probably buy a Winnebago & everybody could roll in it.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:46 AM
importriders

Okay guys....here is the link to the Norcal thread on the August meet. Looks like the norcal krew wants to play host. I say lets let them. So that means SF/Bay area or Reno/Tahoe. I really want this to be a HUGE North meets South meet. Check out the thread:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=31770
Old 06-04-2003, 10:54 AM
Mr B

Hehe, I know I wanna go and I'll be definitely missing out big time, but I have obligations in August and early-mid September.

Quick Reply: August Meet