Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

August Meet

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 05:22 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by kaiser23
I am most likely out for this one.
Aside from the problem of getting time off from work (which was probably manageable actually), other things have come up, and I highly doubt I'll be able to make it. So I hope youse guys have fun.

-Sean
You have more than two months to fix the other things. Besides, we need our tolken non-asian.
Old 06-07-2003, 08:50 PM
Butterfly20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by importriders
Looks like most of the Norcal krew is down with the Reno/Tahoe rent a cabin for the weekend plan for the 22-24 of August. How about socal? Come on guys speak up if your in.
Sorry, can't do that weekend! We should change the date for sometime in September when the weather is chilier, that would be a lot nicer.
Old 06-08-2003, 12:33 PM
Cazzz Z

Default That is the same for me.

Originally posted by Butterfly20
Sorry, can't do that weekend! We should change the date for sometime in September when the weather is chilier, that would be a lot nicer.
I like the 5th, 6th & 7th of September, I am not sure, but maybe that is Labor Day Weekend.

Most people might have other plans with their families on a holiday weekend, I am solo.
Old 06-08-2003, 01:01 PM
hfm

When does the ski season start at tahoe? I wanna ski trip. On the other hand, I don't want chains on my Z. Well, maybe the wire ones would be okay.

Can you and Iris coordinate weekend dates for us?
Old 06-08-2003, 01:22 PM
Mr B

So is this an August meet or a ski trip?
Ski season probably doesn't open till sometime November. I had an idea with my friends that we should go to Mammoth the last week of December and then trek down to Vegas for New Year's Eve. Talk about crazy ideas.
Old 06-08-2003, 01:55 PM
hfm

Originally posted by Mr B
So is this an August meet or a ski trip?
Ski season probably doesn't open till sometime November. I had an idea with my friends that we should go to Mammoth the last week of December and then trek down to Vegas for New Year's Eve. Talk about crazy ideas.
Yeah, I know. I guess August is out and we're now looking into September. And, on second thought, even wire chains would be bad. I don't want to take any chances with chrome.

Darn, thought we had the date set.

Btw, I think Gold or Bronze would look good.
Old 06-08-2003, 03:18 PM
BigBadBlackTrack

cant we have a little socal meet before then?
Old 06-08-2003, 05:34 PM
bobowah

Default hilarious

looks like we can't plan a meet which is beyond a 3.5 hr drive away.

oh well... Looks like we should plan another Vegas meet.

Just don't make it too close to SEMA... b/c I don't want to drive out to vegas twice.
Old 06-08-2003, 06:10 PM
Butterfly20

Well, looks like my girlfriends and I might be going to Vegas sometime this month or next if anyone is interested in meeting up. Otherwise, I'm up for a SD meet.

The whole ski trip thing doesn't sound like it would be easy to do, maybe we can have one of those in Big Bear later, but without the Z's. September would be a lot better for Tahoe.
Old 06-08-2003, 07:02 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

ive never been to tahoe.
Old 06-08-2003, 09:14 PM
Mr B

GOLD BRONZE! Ok, back to topic...
Old 06-08-2003, 09:54 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

Originally posted by BigBadBlackTrack
cant we have a little socal meet before then?
im sure we will, we just want to be ready when the big one happens
Old 06-08-2003, 10:46 PM
hfm

[BSeptember would be a lot better for Tahoe. [/B]
Is there anyway you can reschedule your plans for that weekend? The August date was looking good for a lot of us.
Old 06-09-2003, 07:15 AM
iris

hfm,
About coordinating with butterfly, anything after August 20 should be fine for me until late September (October 4 trial). Then anything from late October on.

Of course we can't have one if steph doesn't come. Who's going to break it to the NorCal guys?

And isn't a SD beach meet or something planned for July, right?
Old 06-09-2003, 08:31 AM
RobertL

Originally posted by ihatethatbobbarker
ive never been to tahoe.
Aren't you 21 yet? We should do a meet on BobBarkers BDAY

LOL
Old 06-09-2003, 09:39 AM
bobowah

Default WTF!!! Meet cancelled b/c of one member not going?

WTF!!!!

Because one or maybe two SOCAL female members do not come we have to cancel the event. F**K that. We aren't complaining that other male members aren't going.

That's like saying I scratched the underside of my car so I can't go. Or I have hang nail and I can not go to work. My analogies suck but hey they are funny.

We are all independent people. If most of us want to have the event, you know what we can still have it.

These All California events are a BIATCH to arrange. Attendance for people outside of a specific area usually is 20-30% of the total membership. The NorCal guys have graciously annouced that they will be hosting us. That's huge.

Of course folks are not required to go. It's just a car club. LA folks are known as flakes... Let prove that wrong to the Norcal peeps. I was impressed initially with the 350z folks with there ability to arrange events. EVENTS: Latigo, Palomar (except for the last one), VEGAS, Chillers, IAS, Stillen & Fontana, Iris' hubby is out for the weekend. These were all successful events.

Here's my buck fifty and a latte.

If you want to go, GO. If you have a scheduling issue or don't feel like going DON'T. We have a lot of events. For those Socal peeps who can't go, we will have another Vegas event which will be a closer drive or a clubbing event.

The ClubZ/GroupZ folks are much more dedicated than us to events and they are just going to check out cars.

My350z folks have to have associated events to bring the cars together, definitely more fun but it's still about the cars right?

If you have the attitude of I'm bored at this car event maybe you should not be going to these events. I remember this from the Z Nationals event: someone complained that they were bored, then we had to go to hooters.
Old 06-09-2003, 09:46 AM
john350Z

i'd quote bubu's thread, but that sh*t is too long!!!!!!!!!!!

just wanted to say:

btw, doesn't school start for some people in september?

Last edited by john350Z; 06-09-2003 at 09:53 AM.
Old 06-09-2003, 10:02 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Yo Folks,

I'm up in Sacto. & would like to participate in at least part of this; a Cali Zzzz meet is tooooooooo good to miss. I'm also familar with the NorCali turf & will be glad to help plan. More on the latter later tonight.

As for dates, Im good for 8/23-24 but would like to get dates Cazzz & BF could attend if possible.

Labor day weekend is 8/30-31. Screw that. But 9/7-8 or 9/14-15 would be cool. Plus much less traffic ( a bit#h to/from Tahoe/Reno on weekends) after Labor day.

So it looks like three choices on dates:

8/23-24

9/7-8

9/14-15.

If the Sept dates will work as well as 8/23-24 for the group plus we get Cazzzz & BF, how about Sept.?

If on the other hand, we lose too many people in Sept lets go 8/23-24 & someone bring pics of Cazzzz & BF.

Make sense?
Old 06-09-2003, 10:08 AM
importriders

WERD!!! Ditto on what BooBoo and Rat Z said.

August just works better for allot of people in Norcal and those that are in school or those whose shedules revolve around school. But whatever, I'm still down for August and so are allot of other people. So I think we are going to have two events. One will be a Z meet and the other will be more like a get together/hang out and party thing. I'm down for both. One in August and one at some later date as long as it doesn't interfere with work. So those that are still good to go in August( I know there are allot of you guys cause I just spoke to you this past weekend) I say we try to get a dyno day together at dynospot for the weekend we are going up.

Last edited by importriders; 06-09-2003 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06-09-2003, 10:08 AM
bobowah

Originally posted by The Rat's Z
Yo Folks,

I'm up in Sacto. & would like to participate in at least part of this; a Cali Zzzz meet is tooooooooo good to miss. I'm also familar with the NorCali turf & will be glad to help plan. More on the latter later tonight.

As for dates, Im good for 8/23-24 but would like to get dates Cazzz & BF could attend if possible.

If the Sept dates will work as well as 8/23-24 for the group plus we get Cazzzz & BF, how about Sept.?

If on the other hand, we lose too many people in Sept lets go 8/23-24 & someone bring pics of Cazzzz & BF.

Make sense?
Bro you aren't helping the cause.
A lot of people have settled on Aug 22-24 for a meet.
Again if one member can't go? We are going to postpone the event for them? 1 person vs 30 people?

Quick Reply: August Meet