Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

want to hear test pipes/HFCs...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 08:45 AM
UHATEIT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the majority of my rasp comes when decellerating, anyone else have that problem? When it's floored there is no rasp but when shifting gears or decelerating to slow down in traffic or for a stop light is where the majority of my "sizzle" rasp comes from. Sounds like a rattle snake tail or something
Old 01-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Changvi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UHATEIT
the majority of my rasp comes when decellerating, anyone else have that problem? When it's floored there is no rasp but when shifting gears or decelerating to slow down in traffic or for a stop light is where the majority of my "sizzle" rasp comes from. Sounds like a rattle snake tail or something

Hmm.....wierd, most of my rast is during acceleration, or WOT. The rasp got worst after i had my EVO TT installed. Its very annoying....but it sounds mean during start up though...
Old 01-10-2008, 10:27 AM
gsazabi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UHATEIT
Kyle I told you, get a better Y-Pipe!
Old 01-10-2008, 03:54 PM
UHATEIT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gsazabi
Kyle I told you, get a better Y-Pipe!

I have the stock y-pipe in there and it still rasps, but just not as loud as the aftermarket one since the stock one is more restrictive and has that inner packing to calm it down a bit.

I still get some on acceleration, mostly at lower rpms, but the worst is trying to slow down in traffic or for a red light and it buzzes and sizzles, otherwise the sound of tpd/ypipe/catback sounds freakin sick, drones like a ferrari on the freeway!