Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

SoCal Autocross events

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2003, 09:09 AM
OC_350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SoCal Autocross events

Does anyone know of any autocross events that are happening soon? Is there a website I can find this information at?

It was cool to see everybody dyno their cars last weekend, It would be even cooler to see the cars in action. Maybe we could all get together for an autocross event sometime.
Old 06-11-2003, 10:14 AM
SizongZ

There is a Autocross solo II event at the California speedway at the end of the month on sunday. I'm going to try and make it if my schedule permits.
Check the SCCA website and it will have the info there
Old 06-11-2003, 01:04 PM
OC_350Z

Originally posted by SizongZ
There is a Autocross solo II event at the California speedway at the end of the month on sunday. I'm going to try and make it if my schedule permits.
Check the SCCA website and it will have the info there

Thank you
Old 06-12-2003, 05:30 AM
Grey Matter

Take a look at this group: Solo2. I think this is who SizongZ is talking about since they run at the California Speedway.
Old 06-12-2003, 08:08 AM
SizongZ

Yup that's the one. I'm going to try and make it to that event. Work is getting in the way though. But going to try my best.
Old 06-12-2003, 03:19 PM
OC_350Z

Originally posted by Grey Matter
Take a look at this group: Solo2. I think this is who SizongZ is talking about since they run at the California Speedway.

Yeah that would be perfect, not too far away. Hey SizongZ, how do these events work? Is there some open practise time if I get there early? I have never autocrossed before and don't want to look like a jackass. Also, you have any tips or things I should bring. I hope you can make it, I know that CMJ and I will be there.
Old 06-12-2003, 06:04 PM
SizongZ

There isn't any open practice but there actually is a closed practice for only about 45 cars so don't bother.
If you read the FAQ on the site it will tell you everything you know. Don't worry if you have never been. They are very thourough with what they do. I would say bring a helmet, something to drink, something to sit on, and pen and paper.
If you haven't done it before just take it easy.... learn the course... and get in the novice group.
I've been a few times.... but I always just join the novice group. I'm just out there to enjoy.. not compete
Old 06-13-2003, 07:47 AM
OC_350Z

Originally posted by SizongZ
There isn't any open practice but there actually is a closed practice for only about 45 cars so don't bother.
If you read the FAQ on the site it will tell you everything you know. Don't worry if you have never been. They are very thourough with what they do. I would say bring a helmet, something to drink, something to sit on, and pen and paper.
If you haven't done it before just take it easy.... learn the course... and get in the novice group.
I've been a few times.... but I always just join the novice group. I'm just out there to enjoy.. not compete

SANDBAGER!!! just kidding. Thanks for the info. Yeah I'm not there to compete either, just want to drive my Z on a course and not have to worry about getting arrested. I always wanted to autocross my M3 but never had the chance. I was also afraid of breaking it, the parts were so damn expensive. Now that I have my Z, I'm ready to get into autocrossing.

Thanks for the tips and what to bring. I hope I see you out there.

Thank you
Old 06-15-2003, 10:54 AM
onefastdoc

There is an autocross event at the end of June at the California Speedway in Fontana. It would be nice if some other 350Z owners came since there was only one other Z other than mine at the last event. I placed 3rd in B stock behind an S2000 and an M3. Looking forward to beating the guy in the M3 next time since he had me by only a few tenths. The S2000 kicked both our asses. Hope to see you guys there.