Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

horrible experience at performance nissan.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 12:56 PM
monokuroboo
CHRIS (350) FTL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yahookendogg
just buy the oil yourself and goto a local mechanic. 1 hr for oil change is still too long. I don't remember getting a good service from a dealership, they always do something to **** u off from my experience.
He has to go to a dealership-- oil consumption testing...... helps if you read the first post of the thread before you post
Old 01-21-2008, 01:51 PM
Draankol

After I had my JWT clutch and flywheel, Motordyne plenum spacer and UR underdrive pulley installed at "Poor Performance Nissan", I had to go back three times for them to dick around with my car and still couldn't fix what they f'd up. I eventually just gave up and stopped wasting time playing around with those morons. I got my car sorted out by a real mechanic, not those clowns at "Poor Performance Nissan."

Total time spent for at "Poor Performance Nissan" for the install and subsequent dicking around with my car: 25 hours

My suggestion, stay away from them, they have their heads firmly planted in a place other than atop their shoulders.

Lesson learned. Haven't been back since. Never will go back. Will tell every ear that will listen ALL about it. You can't buy advertising like that!!!
Old 01-21-2008, 03:48 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

I've been running around all day to figure out what happened and this is the best assessment that I can produce.

There's no excuse that the dip stick was not put back in the guide like it should have. I ripped the service director a new one for that. After you check the oil level, what reason is there to put the dipstick anywhere else? That was definitely our fault. After speaking with John, I believe this was a case of miscommunication. John was asked by the tech to bring the car back. Without any questioning, John said, "sure". John only went on the assumption that the tech probably left something in the car which has happened plenty of times before as well as a few techs being notorious for this. John responded in the best possible way that he could without knowing exactly what was going on. In the madness of Saturday's, an issue like this is definitely possible to happen but it's still no excuse. Out of the 90+ cars we took in that Saturday, we messed up on this one car which happens to be a forum member. Trust me when I say this; we don't ever intentionally want to mess up customer's cars but things like this happen from time to time. And if we do mess up a customer's car, the last thing we want is for it to be a forum member. No one is perfect and I'll admit that we have messed up in the past but we have always made up for it and this case is no different.

I have spoken to the service director and they are working with the OP to get this squared away. We will do what we can in the realms of reality to rectify this situation as we always do.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:03 PM
9kFever

I realize mistakes happen, its the good dealers that make it right. That being said I find it hard to believe the service advisor wouldn't ask first why the tech wanted the car brought back. Thats his job to ask questions. Thank god nothing serious happened.

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance
I've been running around all day to figure out what happened and this is the best assessment that I can produce.

There's no excuse that the dip stick was not put back in the guide like it should have. I ripped the service director a new one for that. After you check the oil level, what reason is there to put the dipstick anywhere else? That was definitely our fault. After speaking with John, I believe this was a case of miscommunication. John was asked by the tech to bring the car back. Without any questioning, John said, "sure". John only went on the assumption that the tech probably left something in the car which has happened plenty of times before as well as a few techs being notorious for this. John responded in the best possible way that he could without knowing exactly what was going on. In the madness of Saturday's, an issue like this is definitely possible to happen but it's still no excuse. Out of the 90+ cars we took in that Saturday, we messed up on this one car which happens to be a forum member. Trust me when I say this; we don't ever intentionally want to mess up customer's cars but things like this happen from time to time. And if we do mess up a customer's car, the last thing we want is for it to be a forum member. No one is perfect and I'll admit that we have messed up in the past but we have always made up for it and this case is no different.

I have spoken to the service director and they are working with the OP to get this squared away. We will do what we can in the realms of reality to rectify this situation as we always do.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:30 PM
yahookendogg

Originally Posted by monokuroboo
He has to go to a dealership-- oil consumption testing...... helps if you read the first post of the thread before you post
i did read the post, im just saying that's too long for an oil change.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:54 PM
jkim1978

Andy, human mistake is human mistake and there is no way around that. mistakes do happen and i fully understand about stupid human mistakes... but "miscommunication" regarding a dipstick and a tool... i just cannot accept the word miscommunication.

But there is a big difference between a tool being left in my car and a dipstick missing from my car... and the fact that he "lied/assumed" or whatevers about a tool and a dipstick is unacceptable.... i could drive my car around for months and months without worrying about anything if a tool is left in my car.... and i would have returned the tool when i went back for another oil change. and the fact that john lied about the tool... and tried his best to assume why the tech wanted the car, is making me worried about the safety of myself and my car.

but a dipstick missing and my history with the car regarding oil consumption problem and my car smelling like burnt oil even until now... and smoke coming out of my car when i went back to performance nissan... its not something that gives me any type of comfort like i mentioned before i can drive my car around for months with a tool left in my car... but a dipstick i don't think i can drive around for months with it missing....

lastly, the fact that john didn't even give me a call back and i had to call him 10 minutes later.... makes me think about all the "what if"? i live in cerritos and luckily i went to covina ikea.... i was driving down to covina when John called the first time around.... and when i called back 10 minutes laters.... i was inside ikea.... which is much closer than cerritos.... if i were at cerritos when i called him back... i wonder what would have happened....and i don't know how i would have handled myself....

anyways.... i was finally able to talk to tim today..... Both Tim and the service manager tried their best in making me feel better and tried to alleviate the situation.... but i'm still not happy about what happend and my whole experience... but what Tim and the service manager tried to do did make me feel better..... and i appreciate that...

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance

Last edited by jkim1978; 01-21-2008 at 09:46 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:57 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They should compensate you... I cant believe they lied to you like that..
Old 01-21-2008, 05:58 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

since he didn't call you back, you should of kept driving it so they could buy you a new motor. You said you were having oil consumption anyways.

I don't think it's right for them to lie to you, you calling them back and making sure, you driving all the way back up there with no dip stick, and having oil in your engine bay.

Post up what they will do to repay for their actions.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

They should give him a fully built longblock/TT
Old 01-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Amiricanmade

Originally Posted by spyderZ
Bunch of cry babies. Get a Benz or Lexus if you want better customer service. Buwahahaha.
Do you own a Lexus or Benz? If so let me know where you get your service done. Newport Lexus/Flecture Jones sure doesn’t have a good service department. And I can't remember the last time I talked to anyone with a Benz that was happy about their service.

OP, sorry to hear about your prob.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:24 PM
Vader007

I think your over reacting here a bit, its not like they forgot to put the oil in after draing it (yes that happens a lot more than you know).
Oil loss through the dipstick tube would be very little at best, it cant cause any damage only some oil on the engine which will smell, which they already cleaned for you, looks to me like your trying to get some freebies if you make some noise here on the forums, I would think it fair to do your next oil change for free but beyond that nothing! Quit crying!!!!!
Old 01-21-2008, 09:44 PM
jkim1978

have a history of oil consumption problem and an experience of what i went through the whole saturday... before you start saying this crying crap... and your opinions....

Originally Posted by Vader007
I think your over reacting here a bit, its not like they forgot to put the oil in after draing it (yes that happens a lot more than you know).
Oil loss through the dipstick tube would be very little at best, it cant cause any damage only some oil on the engine which will smell, which they already cleaned for you, looks to me like your trying to get some freebies if you make some noise here on the forums, I would think it fair to do your next oil change for free but beyond that nothing! Quit crying!!!!!
Old 01-21-2008, 11:33 PM
Myfirst06350Z
Banned

Yea I am having issues also after they just put in a new motor. But John is trying to resolve everything and I just hope my car gets returned the way it was before I left it there the first time. We will see tomorrow.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:16 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I understand your frustration but at this point, what more can be done to make it right?

A free oil change?

Crap like this will happen. Luckily, there shouldn't be any permanent harm done just driving without a dipstick for a while.

It does sound like maybe John was trying to cover up what happened, maybe not. You can't be certain either way.

And finally, let me preface this by saying it's NOT your fault what happened, but whenever I get my car back from perf. nissan.... I do a very thorough inspection of the car all over, looking for anything from scratches to tools to leaks, including checking the engine bay to make sure everything is in its place. Even though it's not your fault and you shouldn't have to do this, every human makes mistakes and it helps everyone if you get things settled before you leave the premises
Old 01-22-2008, 06:15 AM
Tim@WestCovinaNissan
Banned

As I explained to the OP when I talked to him several times yesterday. It's not a matter of just giving him free stuff until he's happy. I truley wanted him to know that he is an appreciated customer and whatever we can do to ease his mind about the situation we will try to do. I can not give him his time back that he lost on Saturday but I can do my best to resolve the situation at the dealer so we don't have a problem like this again, and service his vehicle next visit like we always have in the past to help reinstate his confindence in us. Whether he is going to come back to us or not is up to him, I told him obvioulsy we would love to continue being his dealer however because of the situation I understand if he chooses not to. Every customer is important to us and we try to service them the best we possibly can. Accidents do happen, some bad judgment was probably used, but we will fix it and move on and learn from our mistakes. That's about all that needs to be said about this thread.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:59 PM
ben9394

Nissan Performance was there for me when my motor went out. They replace it with a new one, the service department that help me was John and i know for a fact that he wouldn't lie about something like that. He you want to get mad the person you should be mad at is the tech. not John. I knew John since he was in SP engineering he is not the person that would lie about something like that. I know John for a long time and he is a good friend hes not the person that would just go and lie to a customer. This is my experiences at Nissan Performance with John.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:12 PM
Myfirst06350Z
Banned

Yes John is a good guy but these techs seem somewhat incompetent and forgetfull. I have worked on plenty of cars with no screw ups and I didn't even go through the school these guys supposidely did. So you really shouldn't be upset with John. And its also not John's fault if he is being lied to by the tech either just so the tech can cover his own *** by not saying whats exactly wrong and get in trouble.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:18 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vader007
and can turn on the 007 smoke screen. (had it happen) if it touches your headers it will smoke crazy.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:20 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jkim1978
have a history of oil consumption problem and an experience of what i went through the whole saturday... before you start saying this crying crap... and your opinions....
we all own Z's, no offense but oil consumption is nothing.

I have had my 03 in the dealer for days replacing just about every part of the car when all the TSBs and warranty items were found. I would LOVE to compare hours and visits and rental cars with you and your oil consumption problem...

I trhink every owner of a Z understands exactly what happened and what that experience is like.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:47 PM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

sorry to hear what happened but So. Cal especially, should be grateful for 2 of the greatest "import friendly" dealerships. Since owning a modified car in Los Angeles these days is a matter of dodging cops and car thieves, it is nice to have someone on our side such as Performance Nissan and West Covina Nissan. They unlike 90% of the other dealerships out there are willing to give an helping hand to our "fixed up cars".

people do make mistakes, i mean if your car was pretty screwed up or undriveable i would understand the anger, but everything seem to play out fine.

you are in good hands so dont trip bro im pretty sure performance will pull through they always have.

the Z community would be pretty FUCCKED if these 2 dealerships werent available to us so we should be a bit grateful and be not so quick to point fingers....

those are my .2 cents....

gluck with everything

Quick Reply: horrible experience at performance nissan.