Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Lmao @ Wcn..

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 08:29 AM
buffmanjeff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ginobetterfly
i dont have a spring compressor... and dont want to buy/rent one really
you can rent a spring compressor from autozone, its free. Just put down a deposit and they refund you when you bring it back.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:09 AM
HR Autoparts
Sponsor
HR Autoparts

coilovers ftw, no spring compressor needed
Old 02-19-2008, 09:10 AM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HR Autoparts
coilovers ftw, no spring compressor needed
How do you get the old sht off?

I have not worked on my Zs suspension, so I don't know yet.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:11 AM
pimpsta

Don't know if you guys remember the alignment deal that ended on Saturday, Jan 26th. But I took my Z in for the 4-wheel alignment on Jan 26th for $20 and everything was fine. However, my driver-side window failed on this past Sunday so I took it to Performance yesterday and while they fixed everything (replaced both motors, good job Performance!), their inspection states I need rear alignment. Was wondering if WCN only did the front and forgot about the rear. I doubt 3 weeks of normal commute will mess up my rear alignment that bad. WCN? What's your take?

Last edited by pimpsta; 02-19-2008 at 09:23 AM.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:23 AM
buffmanjeff

Originally Posted by pimpsta
Don't know if you guys remember the alignment deal that ended on Saturday, Jan 26th. But I took my Z in for the 4-wheel alignment on Jan 26th for $20 and everything was fine. However, my driver-side window failed on Sunday so I took it to Performance yesterday and while they fixed everything (good job Performance!), their inspection states I need rear alignment. Was wondering if I WCN only did the front and forgot about the rear. I doubt 3 weeks of normal commute will mess up my rear alignment that bad. WCN? What's your take?
get your car aligned at a real alignment shop like west end
Old 02-19-2008, 10:02 AM
HR Autoparts
Sponsor
HR Autoparts

Originally Posted by istan
How do you get the old sht off?

I have not worked on my Zs suspension, so I don't know yet.
Unbolt the top, unbolt the bottom, comes right out, rears even easier/faster. Fairly easy and straight foward.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:03 AM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^Sweet. Thanks!
Old 02-19-2008, 10:10 AM
groovin_350z
Sleeps in 350Z

sup guys. next time u guys want like suspension install quotes and stuff, hit me or justin up. i would reccomend u guys to other shops around our area that does great work and better prices.

since we are a dealership, the service does have to go by the book. theres some other crazy quotes ive heard around here as well and im like..."are u serious?!?! u ccrraaazzzyyyy"

but yea. hit me up if u have any questions
Old 02-19-2008, 01:40 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by terrorist22
I went to Corner 3 Garage in Lake Forest and they charged me for around 2.5 hours for my coilovers even though it took them around 4 or 5
What's their hourly rate?
Old 02-19-2008, 02:29 PM
itsjiggajames

I had a horrible experience this past weekend there. Went in with my oil, to get an oil change like i've been doing on my 07 for close to a year now. New service writer i havent seen before named jeffrey lloyd has something really far up his a$$ and spoke to me like i'm an imbecile when I told him to check my brakes because they have been making noises. he claimed ALL Z's do that **** and it's normal. Right.......... The whole time he doesn't make eye contact with me and is ignoring me and giving me this attitude like I slapped his mother.. (this is after Reuben the service manager said that doesnt sound right and said it'd get checked up) Reuben laters apologizes to me and says that jeffrey is having a really bad day. Go home then. Don't take it out on me. I didn't disrespect him in anyway for him to come off with such a negative vibe towards me. I hope they send me a report so i can flame this d*ck to hell.(Second thought I don't even give a **** about the survey) Everyone else that works there (all the latin people that I talked to) were more than courteous.

WCN service has gone to ****. I remember when Tim Lange was there everything was gravy. He'd go on rides with me to further understand what is wrong. Only reason I'd go there still is because I can visually watch my car be worked on. Oh the old sweet days of WCN are GONE.. lol A dealership is a dealership. What's new...

Last edited by itsjiggajames; 02-19-2008 at 02:31 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:37 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by itsjiggajames
I had a horrible experience this past weekend there. Went in with my oil, to get an oil change like i've been doing on my 07 for close to a year now. New service writer i havent seen before named jeffrey lloyd has something really far up his a$$ and spoke to me like i'm an imbecile when I told him to check my brakes because they have been making noises. he claimed ALL Z's do that **** and it's normal. Right.......... The whole time he doesn't make eye contact with me and is ignoring me and giving me this attitude like I slapped his mother.. (this is after Reuben the service manager said that doesnt sound right and said it'd get checked up) Reuben laters apologizes to me and says that jeffrey is having a really bad day. Go home then. Don't take it out on me. I didn't disrespect him in anyway for him to come off with such a negative vibe towards me. I hope they send me a report so i can flame this d*ck to hell.(Second thought I don't even give a **** about the survey) Everyone else that works there (all the latin people that I talked to) were more than courteous.

WCN service has gone to ****. I remember when Tim Lange was there everything was gravy. He'd go on rides with me to further understand what is wrong. Only reason I'd go there still is because I can visually watch my car be worked on. Oh the old sweet days of WCN are GONE.. lol A dealership is a dealership. What's new...
did you go in on saturday? he was kind of like that to me as well. i don't want someone kissing my ***, but when he says 'oh, the z is JUST A MACHINE' and i reply 'no.. it's not... it's my--' and he cuts me off with 'yes, it is. believe me, i had one.'
that kinda pissed me off....
and then he tries to pull some sort of 'how much do you know about your z' trick question on me about tire rotation.. it took me a second to answer him and he's like 'AHHHHH!!!! *points and laughs*'
i mean.. a joke is a joke, sure.. but.. we're not in kindergarten here.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:52 PM
ginobetterfly

Originally Posted by itsjiggajames
I remember when Tim Lange was there everything was gravy. He'd go on rides with me to further understand what is wrong. Only reason I'd go there still is because I can visually watch my car be worked on. Oh the old sweet days of WCN are GONE.. lol A dealership is a dealership. What's new...
AND.. Heri is gone now too... It's over!
Old 02-19-2008, 06:05 PM
UHATEIT

Originally Posted by ginobetterfly
i dont have a spring compressor... and dont want to buy/rent one really
I did mine without a spring compressor, just takes enough strength to press down and unbolt the top. If you have 2 people one can compress the spring while the other person unbolts it.

The backs take like 30 minutes to an hour at most to remove the 2 of them

fronts are always a pain, even on other cars not just the Z.

But still, paying over $200 for spring install is ridiculous!
Old 02-19-2008, 06:30 PM
geoff567

Originally Posted by onedirtyz
did you go in on saturday? he was kind of like that to me as well. i don't want someone kissing my ***, but when he says 'oh, the z is JUST A MACHINE' and i reply 'no.. it's not... it's my--' and he cuts me off with 'yes, it is. believe me, i had one.'
that kinda pissed me off....
and then he tries to pull some sort of 'how much do you know about your z' trick question on me about tire rotation.. it took me a second to answer him and he's like 'AHHHHH!!!! *points and laughs*'
i mean.. a joke is a joke, sure.. but.. we're not in kindergarten here.
Wow that's some BS, I guess it's Performance and WC ftl...again, FU guys.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:42 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

i go to westco for maintenance/service plan/warranty stuff, and to buy parts from cuz their prices are decent.

installs, from now on, will be done at precision z. got my springs installed there last week and it was great.. good experience, good customer service, some great conversation with ed and the rest of the crew.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:56 PM
cvt

is jeffrey loyd that old guy?...if he is then yes, he's a douche...
Old 02-19-2008, 11:39 PM
itsjiggajames

Yes jeffrey is the old white guy and yes I did go on saturday. That guy needs to find another job where he doesn't need to associate with someone else. And trust me, I'm not asking him to be smoochin my a$$, i just need mutual respect. Not even treat me with more respect because i'm a customer, but how about as a person?

Funny you say he owned a Z. I would expect him to be more knowledgeable than that. After I argued with him about it being not normal and that the service manager even agreed with me, he simply replied with.. "Yea, your right." WTF? Then why sit there and **** around the bush and get a customer pissed off? LOL.. FAIL
Old 02-20-2008, 12:17 AM
DRELOC

^^^Yea i had a horrible experience with that cracka' Jeffrey Lloyd...next time just wait for Felipe or that new service writer lady I forgot her name though.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:16 AM
james840a

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW, thats to much, for a spring install.
When i had my truck i had my 7" lift kit install and had a company in corona do it and only took half a day and was $300
Old 02-20-2008, 08:06 AM
buffmanjeff

well i was never going to post it, but I've had problems with the mechanics there. When they drove my car for a test (without my consent), they apparently dont know how to drive cars with a nismo v2 (wasn't even lowest yet at the time), and scrapped the **** out of the bottom of the bumper. I ended up getting it repainted by my own bodyshop, they wanted me to go to their bodyshop. Yeah right. They also washed my car when I specifically told the service writer to not wash, the mechanic didn't even pay attention and they scratched the paint up. Had to get it professionally detailed. Can't trust anyone but thetech and yourself to work on your car. Sucks but its how to get it done right.

Last edited by buffmanjeff; 02-20-2008 at 08:08 AM.