Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Owned this morning~! :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 09:40 AM
Pokémon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Owned this morning~! :(

I got rear ended this morning on my way to the post office in Huntington Beach.

I'm traveling in the far left lane heading to a red light with traffic coming to a stop. I look at the rear view mirror and see a car tailgating me, inches away. He makes a sharp left to avoid stopping to make a left at the intersection. The car behind him (Nissan Pathfinder) was tailgating as well and tried to follow with the same maneuver. Unfortunately, she didn't make it and swipes me on the driver bumper.

I turn on my hazards immediately, get out of my vechile ask if she's okay. Then proceed to check my damage as well as hers. Young caucasian girl 19-21. She tears up and says she doesn't have her license on her. Says she knows plenty of body shops that can fix my car and offers to pay for the damages. At this moment, I'm hesitate to file the police report but she didn't have any I.D. on her. I told her I would prefer to do everything by the book, pick up the phone and call the police. I could tell she was trying to stop me from calling the police after picking up my phone.

So - we're standing there for a good 10 minutes waiting for the officer to arrive. I ask her if she has any insurance and she stated no since she just bought the vehicle. At this point, I'm shietting my pants. She can barely light up her cigarette as she's balling out crying and repeatedly apologizes. She mentions she lives in Brea and was on her way to her boyfriends house - didn't sleep because she was working the graveyard shift.

Officer arrives. Takes down the report and runs her information. The officer comes to me whispering that her license is suspended and that they will be impounding her car. I ask him if she has insurance, he stated yes - but the effective date was 2/1/2007 and there was no way of telling the expiration. He calls for backup. Both officers proceed to search her car and tell her to empty out her belongings. As I'm looking over, they place the orange prescription bottles on the top of her car along with a glass jar. I get a better look of what's inside - sure enough it's a pretty good amount of weed. They cuff her and place her on the curb.

In conclusion, I feel pretty bad and have been asking myself if I could've gone about it a different way. Too late now I suppose. I'll have to see if she has insurance. Poor girl

I just washed and waxed her yesterday:

Old 03-03-2008, 09:45 AM
Concave
Banned

eh, think of it as maybe you helped straightened up her life.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:47 AM
SupermanZ

That sucks but it don't look to bad atleast. Good luck with insurance.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:50 AM
1sickveilsidez

Screw that man don't feel bad about anything, you did the right thing, luckily you're ok and the damage doesn't seem to bad to the car, unless that's just wax and forgot to wipe it off? She could of killed someone, better to get her off the street before something else happened. It's her fault not yours, maybe she'll get a rude awakening now.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:52 AM
orngez

sorry to hear about that...if you are anywhere near the west covina area feel free to stop by my place..from the pics looks like i can buff out 50-75% of the paint damage so that you can at least drive around with not so much of an eyesore on the car...free of charge for a fellow Z owner...
Old 03-03-2008, 09:54 AM
stylett9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You didnt do anything wrong and shouldn't feel sorry. Her liscence was expired, she had a jar full of weed, she shouldn't have been on the road. Regardless if you accepted a payout in cash, i highly doubt someone with her dimeanor would have paid out in the end.

Now if she had liscence and proof of valid insurance and seemed well put together, then yeah go ahead and help her out by handing it under the table. But all in all, you still made the right choice. Don't feel bad.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:54 AM
Asian Invasian

You should only feel bad if she was telling the truth about everything. Her license was suspended and did not tell you she had drugs in the car. I would not trust someone to pay for my damages who carries a "good amount of weed in the car". You would have failed, but you didn't.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:55 AM
saberphx

Damn I feel bad for her. If I were in your shoes and she was honest and said she had weed on her and stuff I probably wouldnt have called the police and settled it personally however you had no idea so dont feel bad.
pot needs to be legalized.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:58 AM
lionheartednyhc

What is there to feel bad for? You wanna drive around with a suspended license, no insurance, and drugs in your car and then drive like an idiot..thats what you get. That sucks for your car though, man.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:16 AM
Pbdnuts

Originally Posted by lionheartednyhc
What is there to feel bad for? You wanna drive around with a suspended license, no insurance, and drugs in your car and then drive like an idiot..thats what you get. That sucks for your car though, man.
+1

That is her fault, she got what she deserved
Old 03-03-2008, 10:30 AM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that's why you don't keep that crap in your car. and then drive stupidly. with a suspended license.

i wonder what kind of meds she was on/had with her.

you did the right thing. sucks for her, definitely, but if she wants to play that game she's gotta play it right or else know that she's going to get caught sooner or later.

good luck with the whole insurance thing.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:30 AM
Mazinger Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shoulda just taken her in the alley, PITB and call it a day. Not thinking.. FTL~!
Old 03-03-2008, 10:31 AM
HR Autoparts
Sponsor
HR Autoparts

Originally Posted by Mazinger Z
Shoulda just taken her in the alley, PITB and call it a day. Not thinking.. FTL~!
dont forget to pocket her weed while your at it lol
Old 03-03-2008, 10:34 AM
IP Gthreefive

don't feel baddd..its not your fault... if anything you did her and other people on the road a favor..

oh...btw.. your Time attack looks swweeeeettt~!!!
Old 03-03-2008, 10:36 AM
xlilsp1keyx

damn, did she look bomb? should have snapped a pic of her.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:57 AM
Pokémon

Originally Posted by xlilsp1keyx
damn, did she look bomb? should have snapped a pic of her.
I did with a disposable camera that I always keep in the car for times like these. And no, she looked like a girl from Harry Potter.

From the pictures - think it'll buffer and polish right out? There's a deep scratch at the bottom where I can put my finger nail through. Just my luck, I recently made some changes to my insurance policy so my deductible is now $1,000. I wouldn't think it's worth replacing..
Old 03-03-2008, 11:22 AM
rglbegl

You did the right thing.

It looks like a good buffing will get rid of almost all the evidence.

I am sorry to see that your baby was crashed, but it is good to hear that there were no injuries and the only damage was minor.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:26 AM
xlilsp1keyx

yeah from the pictures it looks like you can just buff that out. most of it will come off. and rofl, looked like a girl from harry potter. cant wait to see the pictures when u develop it hahahaha. glad your ok though
Old 03-03-2008, 11:26 AM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't feel bad just because it's a girl. Girl/guy, doesn't matter in my book. Shouldn't be driving with no license. You did the right thing.

Also, that is very minimal surface scratches. Most of that can buff right out with wetsanding with 2000 grit, followed by 2500 grit then compound with a machine.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:28 AM
xlilsp1keyx

^ i think if its a hot *** girl, wit T&A ... it would be a different story.

Quick Reply: Owned this morning~! :(