Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Ticket for no front plate by Meter Maid

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 11:03 AM
QdotJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got one by a meter maid not too long ago. Simply send in a letter contesting the offense, buy yourself a little time and they will reply with a fix-it ticket request form. Get it signed off, send in the $10 processing fee and be done with it.

Now, when I park on a public street I place my plate on. (I have a holder that slides between the tow hook and the bumper; I covered with tape to ease on scratches)

I have an amuse kit and hate the look of the front plate. Most likely I'll get a tilt down "JDM" style bracket...

Always be mindful of things during the end of the month; they have quotas to make and books to freshen up before month's end. I have noticed this pattern...
Old 03-14-2008, 01:21 PM
UHATEIT

thats pretty lame if they ticketed you while parked. I didn;t think they could do it unless you are driving, how do they know if the car is a non driver or not? Like with tinting... can a cop giev you a ticket for tint when the car is parked?

I remmerb back when I had undercar lights during the fast and furious days and was told that they can;t ticket you while parked with the lights on, only when driving as it distracts other drivers... so I would assume the same would apply to tint and front plates.

Also, how many corvettes out there have front plates??? They should go after them instead of jacking all the Z's without front plates
Old 03-14-2008, 01:57 PM
stylett9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UHATEIT
thats pretty lame if they ticketed you while parked. I didn;t think they could do it unless you are driving, how do they know if the car is a non driver or not? Like with tinting... can a cop giev you a ticket for tint when the car is parked?

I remmerb back when I had undercar lights during the fast and furious days and was told that they can;t ticket you while parked with the lights on, only when driving as it distracts other drivers... so I would assume the same would apply to tint and front plates.

Also, how many corvettes out there have front plates??? They should go after them instead of jacking all the Z's without front plates

yes they can ticket you while your car is parked for no plate
yes they can ticket you while your car is parked for expired registration
yes they can ticket you while your car is parked for tint
yes they can ticket you while your car is parked for anything they can visually see that's illegal.

On slow nights some cops will find things to do to keep them busy.

Last edited by stylett9; 03-14-2008 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Ronster

i hate tickets.

baseball bat he's skull if he gives you a third one.

third times the charm.

kids dont do this at home.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:17 PM
surfcity40

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Benzoboi
I say jus zip tie it onto yer front bumper or something...that way it's not stuck on there forever and you can take it off with a snip here and a snip there...
look at you..using search....
Old 03-15-2008, 12:28 AM
mthreat

man for a state with such cool stuff, california sure sucks.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:28 AM
stylett9

Originally Posted by mthreat

has it's ups and downs. I've lived here for almost 4 years now and my only complaints are the gun laws, and the car laws(varies from city to city though).....oh and traffic..
Old 03-15-2008, 10:17 AM
highside107

Originally Posted by mthreat
Agreed - Cali is a b*tch when it comes to things like this.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:35 PM
cspinner

Can't you just place your front plate on your dash at night rather than bothering with the zip tie, etc? Also, I keep my front plate under the driver's seat while I'm moving so if a LEO decides to do something about it, I have the ability to sneak it on the dash without him noticing.

I also live in NY on the PA border. Cops up here are more relaxed with that law since we get a lot of PA drivers on our roads (aren't required to have a front plate).
Old 03-17-2008, 01:43 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ in california, no.
from www.dmv.ca.gov
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/vc/tocd3c1a9.htm

Display of License Plates

5200. (a) When two license plates are issued by the department for use upon a vehicle, they shall be attached to the vehicle for which they were issued, one in the front and the other in the rear.
(b) When only one license plate is issued for use upon a vehicle, it shall be attached to the rear thereof , unless the license plate is issued for use upon a truck tractor, in which case the license plate shall be displayed in accordance with Section 4850.5.
Positioning of Plates
5201. License plates shall at all times be securely fastened to the vehicle for which they are issued so as to prevent the plates from swinging, shall be mounted in a position so as to be clearly visible, and shall be maintained in a condition so as to be clearly legible. The rear license plate shall be mounted not less than 12 inches nor more than 60 inches from the ground, and the front license plate shall be mounted not more than 60 inches from the ground, except as follows: [omitted, none apply to this case]
Old 03-17-2008, 09:29 PM
highside107

So I just parked my car at the LAX airport (lot C) over the weekend (Thurs - Sun) and came back to my car to find a $25 no front license plate ticket on my car.

Jeez, these guys just cruise the parking lots looking for cars to give it to. An old Impala or something two cars down from me got the same ticket too.