Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

How much did you pay for your Touring (Out-the-Door) in LA?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 02:52 PM
cckleung

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much did you pay for your Touring (Out-the-Door) in LA?

I'm considering to get a 2003 Nissan 350Z - Touring 6 speed manual - Silverstone - Aero package, kick plates, trunk mat, floor mats, splash guards, Orange leather package, Side Air Bags & Head Curtains. How much do you guys think the Out-the-Door price is? Also for those who got the Touring in LA, what's your Out-the-Door price? what options do you have? Which dealer did you get the Z from? and who's the sales person? Thanks in advance for your information.
Old 07-02-2003, 07:15 PM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

$40k, i got everything including nav
Old 07-02-2003, 08:07 PM
ssk0771

I paid $35K for the car+ $1300 for the extened warrently+Tax & Lic. I paid $39.5K out the door. My car includes Navi.
Old 07-06-2003, 11:19 AM
Jst4sport

Default Price of a Touring...

I paid somewhere around 35,000 out the door. I don't have the Nav System. I worked a pretty good deal with my internet salesman. Could have been better, but I wanted the car and I had already been doing the research for about 4 months. So, I paid about 600 bucks more the I should have given another week or two of messing with the salesmans head. I did get the extended service contract as well, I paid 1,100 for the "gold preferred plan". I did this because the 350z marks the first of the series and there is bound to be some problems down the line. The 1,100 is included in the out the door price btw.

You'll never get a GREAT deal on a car like this per si... But you do get a Great Car for the money. One word of advice, if you're buying for the leather seats, they are pretty good in my opinion but are only something like 850 dollars in aftermarket (don't know if that includes the electronics), if you're buying the tourning model for the Bose Sound System, wait and see if they get the thing to sound anywhere near decent in the 04's. They are about to come out anyway. If you wait for the 04's Nissan may have got a clue and fixed some of the camber problems with the Z as well. Whatever you decide, they are an addiction to drive. I really enjoy mine a lot... Best of Luck.
Old 07-07-2003, 10:18 PM
cckleung

Jst4sport,
How did you get your car out-the-door for $35000? Which dealer did you go? And who did you deal with? Do you mind give me his name? I'm thinking of ordering a 04 model. The best deal I can find is $36700 on a 03 model.
Old 07-08-2003, 09:32 AM
Jst4sport

Default Price of Tourning...

When I buy a car, the first thing I do is get the price I want settled in my mind. In the case of the 350z, I didn't want to pay anything more then 35,000. When I started excepting internet quotes. I let the fleet managers send me 2 quotes (had 3 bidders, for a total of 6 internet quotes). I told the internet manager who's quote was the higest that I can beat his price by 2,000 dollars and if he could do better, then I'd just deal with him from that point on... KEEP in mind that ALL these dealerships talk to each other. It's no secret to any dealership that you are excepting bids from other locatations.

If he can not best the other bids, then he has to much "into" the car is trying to move. This means, the dealerships has spent some money on Ads., promo's keeping the car clean on the lot etc. So, you go with the low bidder. In my case the low bidder had a Touring model on the floor who's window was only 33,000 and some coin to start with (That was just dumb luck from all the other windows I looked at). So that's where we started from. Over all, I think it took about 2 weeks to make the deal. That said, many people who worked their deals out here likley did so when the 350Z was hot off the boats and the dealerships just were not dealing at all... Most paid window or more for their cars. Not a bad thing, the Z is a great car. For me alot of it was just timing.

When you go into a dealership and they have a car that's popular, the first thing they will tell you is this car will not be here tomorrow (So who cares if it's gone tomorrow, they are a dealership, if it's gone tomorrow, another one will by magic be there in its place). Don't play that game, my car was 33,000 on the window, it was there for 3 weeks before I first started to look at it, and bought it 2 weeks later. YES these cars are nice, but 30,000 is a lot of money regardless, and the Z is a two seater. It's a breed apart from any other car in it's real class so most of the impulse buying has been done by now... (just a few tips, hope they help you out)
Old 07-08-2003, 10:26 AM
cckleung

Jst4sport,
You had a low sticker price to start with. Is the car AUTO? I'm interested in getting a Manual.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:18 AM
Jst4sport

Yeah, the car is Auto, but at the time they had a Pikes Peak White there which was manual. I could have worked the same deal for that but I doubt they would have given me the same cuts on the service package. I would have loved to go manual with this car, but I'm on the freeway to much. In So Cal, it's just to much of a hassle IMO to have a stick if it's your every day car.

If you're looking at an 03 Touring with manual for 36,500 out the door your doing very well.