Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

a quick vent towards WCN....

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy a quick vent towards WCN....

To me I have realized a few things throughout the years, after dropping out of college in 2004 to pursue a mortgage career for about 2 years, my Z was mildly fixed up with volks, drop, lip kit and 1 bride with basic bolt ons. I invested more money into my brother's 1994 Supra buying HKS and other goodies for that 2JZ.

After the subprime mortgage era took a crap, I like many others went back to school to pursue a degree which was halfway done. I am satisfied with going back to school but i realized how hard it is to actually be a "poor college student" that does not work nor get financial aid(although i recently applied and am still waiting) so I have learned how hard money is to come by especially with these ridiculous gas prices and with our economy in a recession, everything spent is crucial and hard but its life.

Well prior to my departure to Japan a few months ago, I really felt like i needed to do service on my car, i was over 45k and I just wanted to do a 60k service because there wasnt a 50k.

So i decided to take my car to WCN to service it and everything was taken care of accordingly *as so I thought* and i went on my way. When it was time to oilchange my car a few thousand miles after i decided to go to Performance Nissan because it was on the way home ( I have mad respect for both of these dealerships, its not even a story of bias towards any of them I am grateful to have 2 dealerships which accomodate our fixed up cars... ) well here goes, so I go to performance for a simple oilchange and Jon was very accomdating and took care of me. When i was leaving he had that checklist and informed me that my brakes and powersteering fluided needed to be flushed and also that my EFI needed service.

All this caught from a simple oilchange from Performance.... and as i came to realize my powersteering was a bit noisy...

I was pretty annoyed that these things were not caught by WCN or I was not made aware of the issues then because I would have totally just paid for everything to be taken care of right then and there. I just lost respect for the service department and felt like the techs did not do their job.

Paying $299 for that 60k mile service i felt that they did an inadequate job, I was reading on other people complaining about the service department after Heri was gone so I took the initiative and emailed Ruben directly. I got a response probably about a week later, he seemed well mannered but basically told me that he will try to "look after his staff" and steer them in the right direction ........uhhhh okay.

I did not write this thread to bash WCN and the reason it took such a long time to write because i am not one to hate on people right off the bat and I am cool with Justin, Quan and Jon over in the parts department, I just felt that the service department did not do their job when I turned my car in.
With money being even more tight nowadays I wish I have gotten my $299 worth

Last edited by Boneout JZA80; 05-29-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:04 PM
gimpster621

never hear anything bad about the parts guys but from all these recent posts, seems like the service dept is a bit lacking.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:14 PM
jubes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't trip Ben, I feell the same way about Miller Nissan down here in Van Nuys, Ca...

One day I went in for major maintenance pkg, the next week I ended up blowing a radiator (they didn't drain it well)... go figure.

But I have to admit, I went back to the same dealership, but a different service rep. (ask for Phil, cool guy to deal with..) and my car has been ok (thank god, can't afford another $1k to fix my car again )

I just wished, when they fill out those check lists, that they really would check it before the checked it off... and I'm not bashing all service people, just as Ben said there are others that do take care of us Z owners, I'm referring to just the ones that stiff innocent people...

K I vented too
Old 05-29-2008, 02:20 PM
madpanda

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man service departments are always lacking, but ay at least westco and Performance don't charge an arm and a leg and have extremely horrible service like other Nissan stealerships.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:38 AM
Justin@WestCovinaNissan
Banned

Ben,

Sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with your service and it was not thorough. I will be sure to personally forward this to Ruben and convey your disappointment.

On another note, let me know next time you're in the area
Old 05-30-2008, 09:29 AM
stylett9

edit, nvm, i'll just PM you Justin

Last edited by stylett9; 05-30-2008 at 09:31 AM.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:31 AM
Jeff@WestCovinaNissan
Banned

Originally Posted by stylett9
Hey Justin, while your at it, this is purely constructive critisizm and not meant to make hate towards you guys. But last time i was there i had the female service writer at Jeffs old desk, check into my CEL. Instead of just having a tech run the code with a scanner(which takes 5 minutes at most?), she just "guessed" that it was my gas cap. She cranked it until and wouldn't turn anymore and told me it'd go off after i drive a little bit.

I went somewhere else and it wasn't my gas cap..
We already fired her a couple weeks ago...
Old 05-30-2008, 09:32 AM
joey3am

yea, for some reason all the service guys over there really seem like they just don't give a $hit (and i was just there yesterday).

the only one person that has helped me consistently and i can honestly say i trust is felipe.....AND, he's the only familiar face i've seen that has been there for a while.

and i don't know about that service manager now....he seems shady to me (or he just doesn't give a crap).

i remember frank was cool as hell....always coming out of his office to say whatsup and make sure everything was ok (especially if he saw a Z).
Old 05-30-2008, 09:33 AM
stylett9

Originally Posted by Jeff@WestCovinaNissan
We already fired her a couple weeks ago...

crap, i just tried to nina edit and sent that PM to Justin!! lol, way to go.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:31 AM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

Originally Posted by Justin@WestCovinaNissan
Ben,

Sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with your service and it was not thorough. I will be sure to personally forward this to Ruben and convey your disappointment.

On another note, let me know next time you're in the area

thanks for the heads up justin, i appreciate your concern bro. I contemplated on writing this because im pretty cool with you jon and quan over in parts. Parts department i have had no issues with and its nothing personal against WCN at all i have friends from there and im pretty cool with andy tim and jon at performance....

my college is off the 10 and so was WCN so i figured it was in range get in and out bam...

i just felt that the service department did not do their job correctly and when i tried to correlate with Ruben like i stated he was well mannered but it just did not really do anything for me... its not like it was a simple oilchange or anything since i did my major service but now im having to deal with other maintenance issues which i probably will do what i can by myself for now
Old 05-30-2008, 10:54 AM
buffmanjeff

I dont care to take my car anywhere anymore. Last time I was at WCN the service guy took the liberty of taking my car out without my permission, and what do you know, my fears came true....he scrapped my V2 really bad. I ended up getting it repainted. I just do my own service now and the stuff that I don't really know about, my good friend at Fusion Racing has always taken care of me. Sorry man, can't trust anyone these days. It gave me more reason to learn how to do things on my own.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:06 PM
r_seng

service is lacking quite a lot, the last time i was there for an oil change, one of the tech guys jammed the lift arm into my side skirt, we're talking about a stock side skirt, not an aftermarket lowered one.

justin, jeff, quan, and all of them over in parts have been a god send, but as another member said earlier, the serivce department just felt like that don't give a Sh*t anymore. it feels to me like this started to happen around the time that Frank and Jeff from service left.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:15 PM
haeshik

you wouldn't have these problems if ya went to precision z.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:18 PM
geero

i took my z in last oct before my warranty expired due to the check engine light. the guys there couldnt figure out what the problem was so they assumed it was the gas cap. took the car home and by the time i got home the light went back on. now when i finally had time to take my car back, they say my warranty expired and i have to cough up $150 just to diagnose the car. sux man, wish they fixed the problem in the first place when it was still under warranty. dont think i'll ever be going back there.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:39 AM
hidehide

Its almost time for me to do 60k maintenance.. now Im figuring out which dealer should i go to..
Old 05-31-2008, 07:12 AM
madpanda

^You should probably call Tim@Performance
Old 05-31-2008, 09:43 AM
xlilsp1keyx

you just have to have the right tech guy to work on your car. you can request who. it just depends who you are working with too.

when heri left and ruben came in, things might have went downhill...

but i know now ruben realizes it, and things are changing...
so basically.

talk to the right people
1. john - service advisor
2. get the right tech to work on your car
3. talk to ruben for discounts
4. u'll come out happy.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:53 AM
stylett9

I forget his name but if you request the tech that drives the silver Evo he's pretty cool. You can even go back and talk to him and hang out as he works on your car.

WCN still an awsome place, they just have some bumpy times. Let's not forget that so far, it's the only dealership i know of that you can freely walk around in the shop! I'm pretty sure they have to pay alot more money to their insurance company to have that ability for the convenience of their customers/us.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:33 PM
Jeff@WestCovinaNissan
Banned

Originally Posted by stylett9
I forget his name but if you request the tech that drives the silver Evo he's pretty cool. You can even go back and talk to him and hang out as he works on your car.

WCN still an awsome place, they just have some bumpy times. Let's not forget that so far, it's the only dealership i know of that you can freely walk around in the shop! I'm pretty sure they have to pay alot more money to their insurance company to have that ability for the convenience of their customers/us.
This is true, you guys are welcome to watch your car being serviced. We do pay extra to our insurance company to allow you to be in there. Take advantage of it and ask questions if you have them.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:03 PM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

Originally Posted by xlilsp1keyx
you just have to have the right tech guy to work on your car. you can request who. it just depends who you are working with too.

when heri left and ruben came in, things might have went downhill...

but i know now ruben realizes it, and things are changing...
so basically.

talk to the right people
1. john - service advisor
2. get the right tech to work on your car
3. talk to ruben for discounts
4. u'll come out happy.

thats awesome that there are certain people who take care of you but hypothetically not even just WCN but in general....

what ever happened to a service department where you can just drop off your keys and return back confidentally knowing the job was done correctly and your car was taken care of??

why go through the whole hassle of looking for certain people... it just can be inconvenient and makes any establishment feel "sketchy" that you would have to go through that whole 5 step process

again im not trying to turn the world against WCN this isnt another "versus" or "hate" thread.... and i think that is awesome that WCN allows you to inspect your vehicle as it was getting worked on.. i was just in a hurry at the time because of my full time school schedule i wasnt at liberty to do so....

i just needed a vent since money and the economy is tight, gas is expensive..... i just wished that all the issues i currently have were taken care of or inspected correctly so i wouldnt have to deal with it now... my car is pretty much stock engine wise... its daily driven nothing crazy

Quick Reply: a quick vent towards WCN....