Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

Wavetrac info my guide to true LSD

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2022, 05:24 AM
nonutz

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Wavetrac info my guide to true LSD

Little fun info here. I bought a 2003 G35 that has an open diff. Since this car is mainly going to be on the track I decided to put in LSD as last track performance was horrible some short turns could even go over 25 mph. Figured since I've read a lot of this form on Wave trac and other LSD I could give some updated info on these things as most info is scattered and outdated.

First things first something I found out the hard way. Open diff has medium sized axles NOT SHORT! YOU WILL HAVE TO BUY A TWO SHORT AXLES!

Second thing is wave track has since updated their unit to where you do not need additional cooling and less doing extreme Auto crossing for longer periods of time. A simple nismo or Z1 fin cooler works fine.

Change all your bearings and seals!!! I can't stress this enough! While it's open go ahead and get it all new!!

A 3.7 or the 3.6 gear is extremely short for first and second. Imho not worth the $6-700 new. Tried my buddies and it seems like I could not shift fast enough first gear was practically useless. < However this is just my opinion price to performance ratio I don't see it being worth it.

These are the issues that I had to work out. Figured I'd give some 2022 info since I had to dig through a lot of different post. I will say though going from open to an LSD is day and night. Me personally I can say the best mod you can do on these cars are test pipes/HFC, spacer, LSD. Power to performance $$ for $$.

Below is a list of my mods.
True heart suspension all around front and rear.
Ark performance coilovers true coilovers front and rear no bucket springs.
Wavetrac LSDWhite line sway bars and links +bushings.
Megan racing solid diff bushing.
Bell racing diff brace for extra support don't like the fact that one rods holding up the back.
​​​​​​
engine modsFull exhaust headers back single exit 3" ISR, borla headersRadium fuel rail and lines Deatschwerks injectors 650cc
kinetixs intake manifoldAem intake75mm throttle bodyAem 344 fuel pumpAct's lightest flywheel and heavy duty clutch.
ss braded clutch line with insulation.
b&m short throw shifter< only did because old one was destroyed inside could feel the plastic.
Z1 lightweight crank pulley+ idler deleteMishimoto listOil cooler< the big one thing 19 row or somethingRad and fan shroud
oil catch canHoses + front hose delete.Wheels is old g35 raysLast but not least a bunch of innovative Motorsports gauges. Oil pressure, fuel pressure, E85, duel band O2.
All this money spent and still slow as **** lmfao 🤣
Next thing I'm ordering is one piece aluminum drive shaft. Seems the car responds extremely well to rotational Mass weight loss.
We'll fix this this evening seems my phone took out all my commas. **** looks run together

Last edited by nonutz; 07-21-2022 at 05:26 AM.
Old Yesterday, 03:46 PM
newiron008

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get the performance pack if you can. I went the route you are outlining and am spending a lot more to get there than the upfront cost for a performance pack car would have been.
Old Today, 08:45 AM
DarkZ03

Received 494 Likes on 414 Posts

Lots of wasted money for an NA car lol.