Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

just got into an accident two hours ago

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 04:20 PM
M Powered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it’s her fault, you are entitled to a rental car of equal value to your car -- In your case a two door sports car.

I remember when I was involved in an accident when some old stupid hag backed out of a bank parking lot and T-boned my ***. I was pissed.

I slapped them with a 98 dollar a day rental car

The bill came out to be upwards of 2,500 dollars, they had no choice but to pay it.

I am aware that some insurance companies will try to tell you that they will only pay 30 dollars a way -- If that’s the case, you tell them to f*ck off and that you are renting an S2000 for 150 bucks a day and if they don’t pay, you will take them to court and sue them for punitive damages on top of the rental bill. 98% of the time they will eat the rental bill to avoid court actions because in court you can make a LONG list of on top of the rental bill.
Old 07-21-2003, 04:22 PM
y_b_lamron

As hard as it may be, try and keep your head up. Thankfully no one was hurt. You definitely need to get your insurance involved! They should have contacted her ins. company ASAP to get you a rental car.
Old 07-21-2003, 04:28 PM
iris

those pix make me want to cry
Old 07-21-2003, 05:15 PM
aggrzv1

Default i'm having Z33 WITHDRAWL

man..........i'm trying to be a good catholic, but i seriously said a whole lot of bad words immediately after the accident that i know i'm gonna pay for in the afterlife...........

i was and still am very pissed.............especially cause its her fault and that dumb ***** adjuster from state farm is trying to screw me over.............not only is she playing phone tag with my ***, but can you believe that she actually tried to get me to acknowledge that the civic was driving in a legal lane when she was recording my statement.............3 TIMES......i finally had to come out and say it bluntly: "miss............you're not gonna get me to acknowledge that your client was driving in a legal lane so that your company won't be liable for the damages, so please...............just let it go"

oh, and get this, halfway thru the statement, something happened to the phone communication cause it went silent for a period of about 30 seconds, then..........get this............she comes back on the line, and saids "i don't know what that was, but lets continue."....................i was like "i don't freakin' think so lady. I"m not gonna be liable for anything that you might have said during that brief blackout"............and can you believe that she gave me an freakin' attitude about it.............hmm........now that i read exactly what i stated, i can see how it would be taken as an aggressive statement......................hahahahaha............so what, i don't care...............its her bad, not mine.

thats why i hate this............dealing with all the ******** and the phonecalls, and making my damn car payment for a car that i don't even drive currently.............damn!.........now i have to contact her stupid *** to let her know that i have aftermarket audio components in my one passenger side door alone that cost an excess of $375................and that i lost earned income of $202.50 for not being able to go to work on saturday ............. AND ............ that because i need transportation, i'll be forwarding her the bill for a rent-a-car...............

on a personal note, i find myself wanting to fix a car..............i keep going to the autoparts store and checking out cleaners, and filters, and oils, and other crap without making any purchases when i walk thru the doors to leave ............AAHHHHH ........ I'M HAVING Z33 WITHDRAWLS ..........

"HI"

[ everyone stares ]

"My name is Angel.................

[ longest two seconds of my life ]

and its been five days since i last had my Z33"
Old 07-21-2003, 06:33 PM
CMJ

Yo Angel.. You make me feel so bad. Don't let those insurance $%&^# screw you!
Old 07-21-2003, 07:00 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Angel...so sorry to hear about this

Thank God you & your passenger are OK...try to take a deep breath and deal with all the bs...I know it's a pain but you'll get through it
Old 08-06-2003, 03:47 PM
aggrzv1

this whole situation blows.............

$8000.00 in damages

my car wont ever be the same

Old 08-06-2003, 03:54 PM
iris

so what's going on? your car is getting fixed (not replaced) and you're not paying for any of it, right?

sorry Angel. I was wondering about you recently - hoping your absence didn't mean anything bad.
Old 08-06-2003, 05:21 PM
BigBadBlackTrack

i sure hope youre not paying a cent of that 8gs. The frustration, anger and sleepless nights because of what happened to your car is more than anyone of us can handle.

My Z just got a busted lip by hitting something on the freeway and it totally freaked me out to the point that Im scared to have long drives. I cant imagine having 8gs worth of damages... I'll probably end up cursing more than you. Good luck bro! I hope you get her back soon.
Old 08-06-2003, 05:56 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

Sorry to hear and see that!
Old 08-06-2003, 10:30 PM
AmyCroft

Default BBB track

BBB Track..

I was returning from the AC run..

Saw some debris on the center lane - but was boxed in.

A piece of Metal electrical conduit.

I have a gash in the front facia, about 3" over from center intake. But after Angel's incident, I think I'll just put the Bra back on.

Sorry BBBT, but get that sweet car out there in the Public eye.. It is awsum !

Iris

You coming this weekend? SD Run? Bring lot's of Liquids..

OC 350Z

Can you teach me about Zaino? in 10 minutes or less? Ha !

No Tashi Maste !
Old 08-10-2003, 10:44 PM
BJF2K

sorry to see that... hope things work out for you!...
Old 08-12-2003, 10:21 PM
KONVERTER

damn i guess it was a really bad week for us cali z drivers...

atleast none of us were hurt that bad (my neck is a lil messed up) and it wasnt our faults!
Old 08-12-2003, 11:28 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

whats on your head
Old 08-13-2003, 02:53 AM
KONVERTER

Originally posted by ihatethatbobbarker
whats on your head
OAKLEY MEDUSA MASK!

Old 08-13-2003, 03:21 AM
jmagilto2

Default Important Data from Angel's Heartache

Angel,
I've read this thread with interest. I'm so sorry to see and hear what happened to you and your car. The one thing that really 'hits' me about your accident (if you can pardon an unintentional pun) is that the Z appears to have done a fantastic job of protecting you and your passenger in what was obviously a very serious accident. The fact that the Z is even repairable is further proof that our little cars are built very well and are quite safe.

I'm glad that you will be able to retain your ultra low S/N Z. It is my opinion - from examining your photos and based upon the published estimate of 8K to fix - that there is not likely to be any significant damage to the unit-body. That means that if you take it to a good shop, the car can be returned to factory specs and continue to deliver the Z experience for some time to come.

If you are dealing with St. Farm, you will need to be careful because they may try to dictate what shop you take it to.

Also - I realize that its too late for this, but this is for others - NEVER NEVER NEVER participate in a recorded phone conversation with the other person's insurance company. You are not required to and it can only hurt you.

Your insurance company may want you to create one of those recordings for them - and thats fine. Never do it for the other insurance company. This can only hurt you and will undermine the efforts of your own insurance company to fight for you!!!!!!!!!!!

Well - sorry this was so long winded.
take care

jer
Old 08-13-2003, 08:09 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

state farm is actually having trouble with the people they refer you to. So hes probably gonna be able to pick his bodyshop