Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Dings and paranoia

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 07:35 PM
booon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dings and paranoia

finally got my door dinged, although its tiny and you can only see it at an angle, it irks me. got it while parked at in-n-out. was wondering if anyone else got dinged and wanted to just slap someone. also saw some of those no paint ding repair things, is it viable and does it really work?
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/772404...angeles_how_t/

something like that, if it comes out perfect then maybe i would do it but only because i like things perfect.

i bet i'll still try to park as far away from everyone as possible and still get dinged and always paranoid.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:50 PM
prodrive-LGT

dude, I got a ding at work in my back trunk lid on my legacy and then later on I got a ding in my rear fender near the gas cap door, what sucks about both of them, they're right at a crease on the body lines. >_<
Old 10-23-2008, 08:13 PM
booon

ouch, yeah the car has managed to avoid dings since it was my mom's car and she only used it from home to work. mom only raped the volks to death T_T ('06 silverstone grand touring) its mine now since im taking over payments and this is the first ding that i noticed now that its mine and im so paranoid about everything. it always pisses me off when other people dont give a crap about other people's cars. been wondering if i should just get it poped out like in the video, or save up and cf the doors and never worry about dings since cf doesn't ding.
Was at fry's earlier in the day in fountain valley and i saw a blue z parked as far as i was in the middle of nowhere as well so i guess you get like that when you have a nice car.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:21 PM
Sean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there is a nice video you can find on youtube, basically you use a hairdryer on the spot till it gets hot, than turn a can of computer cleaner (the compressed air) upside down and spray the spot till it pops out on it's own.

I have done shallow dent removal with cold before (colder than the aircans) and it worked fine. Heating the area first makes it more flexable.

Good luck.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:45 PM
booon

will it work on a super tiny ding that you can barely see? its probably about the size of my pinky if i were to push on it. i thought the air can+blowdryer was for slightly bigger dings/dents
Old 10-23-2008, 08:56 PM
UnderMyWheels

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hey i had a few dings on my blk G. im just as paranoid bout car dings as anyone else. i park far away from everyone. still some ^%*&$ parks next to me.**** it urks me getting my car dinged or scratched. if you need your car repaired, try mike at ultimate dent removal 714-271-0003. hes fixed my car everytime.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:25 AM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I slammed my door against the palm tree in my driveway a year ago (f-ing slanted driveway)

Anywho, Dentwizards came out and did an awsome job, I would recommend them as well. They are fully mobile and I paid about $150 for a quater size ding right under my handle..
Old 10-24-2008, 11:56 AM
RRMikey

Default Really?

Originally Posted by Sean
there is a nice video you can find on youtube, basically you use a hairdryer on the spot till it gets hot, than turn a can of computer cleaner (the compressed air) upside down and spray the spot till it pops out on it's own.

I have done shallow dent removal with cold before (colder than the aircans) and it worked fine. Heating the area first makes it more flexable.

Good luck.
Serious?? This works?

I just got my car not even 3 weeks and was eating dinner. Parked in the middle of the parking lot. It was rainy and windy last year in Aug or Sept, I came out and a shopping cart pwn'd my passenger side door... two dent... f'ed up. I was pissed, but nothing to be pissed at.

How much does "Mike"? charge for dent removal? 714 area code? what city and name of the shop? Thanks.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:41 PM
booon

i might hit up mike cause just seeing it bothers me, just because i know where it is and stuff now... in reply to others like waizzz, its it like.. a perfect repair of small dings?! cause if you totally cant tell that it was ever there then i would totally slap down 150 bucks.. its just i wonder how they'll do it on doors, i heard its a slimjim type of tool they use.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:39 PM
xtremefairladyz

Originally Posted by booon
finally got my door dinged, although its tiny and you can only see it at an angle, it irks me. got it while parked at in-n-out. was wondering if anyone else got dinged and wanted to just slap someone. also saw some of those no paint ding repair things, is it viable and does it really work?
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/772404...angeles_how_t/

something like that, if it comes out perfect then maybe i would do it but only because i like things perfect.

i bet i'll still try to park as far away from everyone as possible and still get dinged and always paranoid.

I hate dings. When I go to the supermarket I ALWAYS park very far from the front. Door dings annoy the **** out of me. And what do you know.... someone ran up my car at school. So instead of door dings, I have DENTS on my hood, roof, and hatch. That hurts A LOT more than dings...
Old 10-24-2008, 03:24 PM
Formula___Z

Originally Posted by UnderMyWheels
hey i had a few dings on my blk G. im just as paranoid bout car dings as anyone else. i park far away from everyone. still some ^%*&$ parks next to me.**** .

LOL i have those occasions whether avoiding clumsy people or just need a good walk to the store i park on the neglected side of the parking lot which is like 50 ft away and still some vulture just has to park right next to me
Old 10-25-2008, 01:00 PM
10sec_CRX

You should call Xavier Flores (562)522-3303. He usually offers a discount to the Z guys for paintless dent removal if you tell him you heard about him on the forums, plus he does great work.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:55 PM
RRMikey

Where is Xavier located? What city? Thanks 10sec_CRX. <--- damn fast...
Old 10-25-2008, 06:16 PM
10sec_CRX

Originally Posted by RRMikey
Where is Xavier located? What city? Thanks 10sec_CRX. <--- damn fast...

https://my350z.com/forum/southern-ca...per-panel.html

This was where we meet up with him ^^^^^. I was going to ask Eric (Klumzyee) to try and do another group day.. I will let you know if Xavier can do it.

Mark
Old 10-25-2008, 06:21 PM
10sec_CRX

oh ya, $65.00 per panel and up to 5 dents on that panel. That was dirt cheap.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:36 PM
Sponge

I'm down for this.

Dings for teh loooz.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:14 PM
GHOST1207

Well it isn't a ding, but someone did key my car couple weeks ago, about 2 1/2 inches on the hatch. I've been waiting for the dealership to call and make an appointment for my first oil change and I was gonna ask them how much would they charge for touching it up. Sucks that some people out there have zero repsect for other people's property. Anyways, what would you guys do in my position, buy some paint and do it myself or let a shop or dealership do it?
Old 10-27-2008, 02:22 AM
booon

GHOST1207; how deep is it? probably good to just fill it with touch up paint as a temporary fix for now until you can get a proper repaint and clearcoat.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:24 AM
RRMikey

10sec_CRX, you have to keep me updated if you guys can have a group day. I want two dents taken out... no thanks to the shopping cart... lol.

GHOST1207, if it's not that deep, you can try and polish it out and see if that will make it less apparent on your hatch.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:05 PM
GHOST1207

Originally Posted by booon
GHOST1207; how deep is it? probably good to just fill it with touch up paint as a temporary fix for now until you can get a proper repaint and clearcoat.
Deep enough to see the metal.

Quick Reply: Dings and paranoia