Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Dealer Service in the Los Angeles area

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 12:48 PM
myblueheaven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer Service in the Los Angeles area

Anyone have any recommendations or warnings about Los Angeles are dealerships for service for my 350? I recently purchased the car ['03 Base, Blue] from an individual in Phoenix and want to establish a relationship with a reputable service department of an established dealership. I live and work in Downtown LA, but am willing to drive a bit for good service.

Had the initial break-in service done at Downtown LA Nissan-- was not that impressed with their service or their knowledge of the car. Mentioned the grease streak issue to them, said they would "order the parts" and get back to me-- that was well over a week ago.

Comments and experiences--good and bad-- are welcome. Thanks!
Old 09-01-2003, 01:23 PM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try us!!
Old 09-01-2003, 10:02 PM
scubadj

Please go to Performance. I placed my car in thier hands and they definitely took care of me. I went by recommendation and I am glad I did. Very professional dealer.

Chris
Old 09-02-2003, 01:37 AM
apex locator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yes, jeff's dealership is good i hear....although i've never had my car serviced there yet but i have dealt with jeff and he will take care of you

you can also try torrance nissan; i really liked their service (dealt with marvin). they never gave me any problems about tsb's that i brought up

edit: stay away from nissan of long beach. they are the antichrist
Old 09-02-2003, 09:50 AM
bobowah

I would recommend going to Performance Nissan as well. However if you are no in the Inland Empire area I would recommend not going to Universal Nissan.

You can also go to Gardena Nissan or Torrance Nissan.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:14 PM
AmyCroft

Smile BoBoWah is right - Not Universal

While researching F**k-ups at local dealers.

A older gentleman e-mailed me with a horror story at Universal..

But NNA went out and fixed the problem..

Similar to Wld350Z problem at Cerritos Nissan..

you guy's probablely saw the web site - now down as NNA came out and fixed the problems..

NNA will solve problems at Dealerships.... but some force must be exerted..

Hope this is not happening every where in the country.. As NNA field reps are limited in numbers.

But, call them when the local dealer is not - with the program - It's your satisfaction that counts.. They said that repeatedly....

Let's Hear it from the Crew... Where and who ( Service Manager's names please...) do you trust...

??????? People - tell us who you trust... ?????

Me Ed Ortiz - Garden Grove Nissan 714-537-0900 -
Perfect fix for grease on windows..

I've delt with Ed for 7 Years... Top notch Service Manager.
A Previous Z owner... what can I say?

And working with General Sales Manager
Bob Garcia.. He handled a touchy problem I had with style.
He solved the problem without NNA intervention.

Cheers Amy -

Last edited by AmyCroft; 09-02-2003 at 10:31 PM.
Old 09-04-2003, 05:28 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Amy asked me to post a reply to this thread so her it is (she read this in another thread):

My brother began working for Nissan in the early 1970's. After over 25 years, He finally left working for the delaer and opened his own shop. Maybe you do not know it but a majority of master techs for Nissan have left the dealers. Most dealers tend to want to hire mechanics at low wages rather than pay good wages to skilled/experienced techs thus many move on rather than be frustrated.

His shop is Surfside Auto [(760) 439-9220] which is on Oceanside Blvd in Ocenaide. He worked at Surfside Nissan since the mid 70's. When they closed Surfside Nissan, the owner gave my brother the surfside name since he was the most experienced master tech they had and worked there longer than any other tech.

My brother who's nickname is Tooky" Wisener is well known in the Nissan community of southern Calif. Greg V., parts manager at Mossy Nissan of Oceanside knows and respects his work among others. If you need a person that knows Z's well and has woked on them from the start 240Z - 350Z, you might consider him.

BTW, in addition to my brother being an experienced master tech, he just hired a long time friend of his that is a master tech from Nissan of Temecula just this past week. In fact, this tech was hand picked by me to PDI my Z when I picked it up.

Be careful who works on your Z. A majority of mechanics do not know what they are doing. Even when I do have to get warranty work done, I have the advantage of having a brother that knows these guys and can recommend who is the best tech at each Nissan Dealer.

I hope this helps.....Jeff W

Old 09-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally posted by zland
Most dealers tend to want to hire mechanics at low wages rather than pay good wages to skilled/experienced techs thus many move on rather than be frustrated.
I'm glad you used the words "most dealers". Not sure if I agree with this, but on the other side of it I have worked for Performance Nissan for 10 years so I don't get out much. I'm proud of our techs and they seem to be well taken care of and treat our customers and their cars the same way. Any of the Forum Z owners who have come to us can tell you they have full access to the techs working on their cars and the tech's have no problem explaining how to "hot rod" their toys.
Old 09-04-2003, 07:30 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Jeff:

I have heard really good things about your dealer on this forum (service dept and parts). I also know you are really part of this community at my350z.com and offer great prices and back what you sell. Thank you for doing that for all of us and if you noticed, several times I have suggested people buy from you ie sway bars and suspension.

The part of my post I mentioned concerning low wages is the experience Techs seem to be getting down San Diego way. At this point, most dealers here have one master tech and a lot of less experienced techs. Actually it makes me sad to know many good techs that have left Nissan.

There are good techs here, you just got to know who they are and make sure your car is worked on by them. I would suggest to any Z owner that they ask around and make sure that who ever is working on their Z be trained properly be it by a Nissan dealer or otherwise.

As you know, Nissan trains Techs. The dealers have to send them to Nissan schools up in LA. Some dealers are not spending the money to send their techs or just send one or two techs. If this is the case, I suggest an owner is sure they get a "master Tech" to work on their Z unless they want someone else to learn on their Z. Do not assume the tech working on your car is trained, there is a good chance at some dealers they are not.

Jeff
Old 09-04-2003, 07:45 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally posted by zland
As you know, Nissan trains Techs. The dealers have to send them to Nissan schools up in LA. Some dealers are not spending the money to send their techs or just send one or two techs. Jeff
Point taken. Nissan has been warning us Dealers for years that the car company would be turning around and become a huge presence in the auto world. Problem is the Dealers didn't listen and now there is a big shortage of tech's. Your right, we have to pay our tech's big bucks to keep them as the Dealers are always trying to find help in anyway possible, even if it means stealing one from another Dealer. We've been luckier than most and have a very stable crew in both Parts and Service.

Last edited by Jeff@Performance; 09-04-2003 at 07:47 AM.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:44 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

All (YES ALL) mechanical things break and need maintience. My concern is many times, people will speak poorly of a product such as Nissan or Honda when actually the product might be quite good but they are actually frustrated with the service meaning it took 3 times to the dealer to fix it thus a loss in time and money for the customer.

Again, my goal is to encourage everyone to find a good tech and stick with them. Do not just trust that you will get an experienced master tech, chances are with many dealers, you wont.

This forum is great because we can let each other know the best products and service availible. When you know a good tech or dealer, let others know so all of us have a good experience with our cars.
Old 09-09-2003, 03:04 PM
oso98

Default BEST SERVICE

BY FAR, THE BEST SERVICE IS FOOTHILL NISSAN.

RON AND MIKE ARE THE NICEST GUYS.