Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Want to meet other Z enthusist in SD area + suspension question

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 04:03 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Want to meet other Z enthusist in SD area + suspension question

1. I have been on my350z.com fall 2002 but have not been involved in so. Ca meets etc. I would like to meet other 350z owners and check out other Z's that are modded. I hope I can meet some of you and please keep me posted of "get togethers" near me. I live in Oceanside. Don't be shy, I would enjoy pm's discussing Z's.

2. I want to upgrade my suspension soon. At this point I am debating between NISMO S, Tein with EDFC (like the idea of EDFC adjustments from inside car), and JIC FLT coilovers.

Here is my thought process on pros/cons from postings:

NISMO: seems to handle very well. I like that it is NISMO/Nissan designed and under warranty. I dislike that I have no ability to adjust ht and I am concerned .75" might not be enough for my 18" HRE wheels to look optimal. I wish it had adjustable ride too like EDFC but I am not sure I really need it.

Tein-EDFC: I love the idea of EDFC but I am not sure it is as good or dependable as NISMO. I have read several people state they thought JIC's were better performers, this concerns me.

JIC FLT A2's: Seems like a lot of people rave about them. I wish they had EDFC adjustments.

If anyone can give me additional feedback, it would be helpful. If you are close enough (I will drive to you), I would love to ride is a Z that has one of these suspensions since I have never ridden in any of these. I think once i have ridden in all 3, I will know which to get.

I am 99% sure I am getting NISMO sway bars. If anyone thinks that is not a good choice, please give me feedback.

Thanks, Jeff (Zland)

PS: Next after this, the choice is ATI SC or TT!
Old 09-02-2003, 10:49 AM
bobowah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

zland (aka jeff)

I would contact either importriders, aloharacing or nwind32 for the TEIN set up.

I'm not sure if anyone has the NISMO S-tune suspension in SD, but I might be wrong.

good luck...

-Jeff
Old 09-02-2003, 11:36 AM
Alang

I should be getting the s-tune shocks and springs this week (sways are sitting in my garage) and hopefully installed next weekend, so I should have a nice review soon.
Old 09-02-2003, 11:44 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by Alang
I should be getting the s-tune shocks and springs this week (sways are sitting in my garage) and hopefully installed next weekend, so I should have a nice review soon.
I would love to come over and check them out once they are installed. BTW, my brother has 30 years experience/master tech for nissan + he just snagged a master tech from Temeccula Nissan at his shop he owns. If you need someone with experience, he might be the one to go to...Jeff
Old 09-03-2003, 11:29 AM
Alang

Where is his shop? Since I got the nismo stuff, I was just going to have Mossy Oceanside install it to avoid any warrentee questions in the future (I have the feathering problem and want to be careful regarding suspension mods for now). I always want options when it comes to service though.
Old 09-03-2003, 12:43 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

His shop is Surfside Auto [(760) 439-9220] which is on Oceanside Blvd. He worked at Surfside Nissan since the mid 70's. When they closed Surfside Nissan, the owner gave my brother the surfside name since he was the most experienced master tech they had and worked there longer than any other tech.

My brother who's nickname is Tooky" Wisener is well known in the Nissan community of southern Calif. Greg V., parts manager at Mossy Nissan of Oceanside knows and respects his work among others. He is a good guy to buy NISMO parts from in SD county. Greg has a project 350Z car and is dynoing, testing, adding mods and tracking that Z often.

Jeff at performance Nissan claims NISMO S parts are factory warranty even if a Nissan dealer installs them. Performance Nissan (my350Z sponsor) has good prices and seems to be very helpful + is warranting NISMO S so consider that too. Maybe you can give Greg a call and see if he will honor the warranty if my brother installs? If not, Performance Nissan will warranty the parts they sell.

BTW, in addition to my brother being an experienced master tech, he just hired a long time friend of his that is a master tech from Nissan of Temecula just this past week. In fact, this tech was hand picked by me to PDI my Z when I picked it up.

Be careful who works on your Z. A majority of mechanics do not know what they are doing. Even when I do have to get warranty work done, I have the advantage of having a brother that knows these guys and can recommend who is the best tech at each Nissan Dealer.

I hope this helps.....Jeff W
Old 09-03-2003, 10:25 PM
AmyCroft

Smile Zland - Could you make a recomendation?

ZLAND

Could you make a recomendation to this thread?

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=41241

Thanks

Cheers Amy -