Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Anyone here get anything installed at Stillen?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 10:06 PM
electrolux

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone here get anything installed at Stillen?

I am soon to be an owner of a silverstone 350z and I am already planning out exactly how I am gonna fix it up. I am planning to go with the Tein Flex Coilovers w/ EDFC. I'm looking for a solid place in Southern Cali to get them installed. I noticed that Stillen sells the Tein kit and they say they install everything they sell. Anyone had them do an install before? It doesn't really matter what. I just want to know if they are up to par with their mechanical skills. Dont think I will buy any Stillen products though. People seem to have to problems with parts and customer service. Also if anyone knows of a better place to install the Teins lin So Cal et me know.

P.S.
I think this is my first post. Been surfing the forums for about a month now and have never had to post cause all the answers are at my fingertips already. I am really suprised at the dedication and following of the 350z owners. I really admire that and it's one the reason I decided to get the 350z. I currently have a WRX and their community pales in comparison to the 350z community. I will be proud to join offically when I get my 350.
Old 09-15-2003, 09:35 AM
narkotic

You mean "stealin"? That place is a rip off. Goto discount tire in El Monte (www.wheeloptions.com), they are a tein dealer and will install... I got my basic system installed there for a price that was amazing.
Old 09-15-2003, 12:33 PM
electrolux

Originally posted by narkotic
You mean "stealin"? That place is a rip off. Goto discount tire in El Monte (www.wheeloptions.com), they are a tein dealer and will install... I got my basic system installed there for a price that was amazing.
So does the discount tire in El Monte do good work? Have you had any problems with the install? And are they cool to work with if you want adjustments? You help is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 09-15-2003, 07:56 PM
islandsnow

Discount tire is cheap, but i had some suspension done there before and they practically ripped my interior apart. This car had rear struts and the towers were in the trunk, but to get to it, they had to find all the plastic covers and carpet clips. They didn't bother, they tore it off if they didn't know. After it was done, I was missing a whole bunch of clips that they didn't want to put back correctly. I guess they don't know all the different car interiors so they do it the fast way. Luckily it wasn't my Z and it was a long time ago. But if I were you I would go to autobacs in stanton or signal auto in torrance, motorex in gardena, and there's a place on 1610 artesia #2, in gardena that sells/installs teins there number was 310-532-6713. But first thing is get some quotes from these places for install and compare them with stillen. I did get an exhaust installed at stillen, i think the shop is clean and they did a good job. If the price is good, i think any of the above mentioned are better than most volume dealers like discount, but sounds like they are getting their act together nowadays and yeah, can't beat some of their prices.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:10 PM
AmyCroft

Default Opps Z doesn't need Interior rip for Struts

Originally posted by islandsnow
Discount tire is cheap, but i had some suspension done there before and they practically ripped my interior apart. This car had rear struts and the towers were in the trunk, but to get to it, they had to find all the plastic covers and carpet clips. They didn't bother, they tore it off if they didn't know. After it was done, I was missing a whole bunch of clips that they didn't want to put back correctly. I guess they don't know all the different car interiors so they do it the fast way. Luckily it wasn't my Z and it was a long time ago. But if I were you I would go to autobacs in stanton or signal auto in torrance, motorex in gardena, and there's a place on 1610 artesia #2, in gardena that sells/installs teins there number was 310-532-6713. But first thing is get some quotes from these places for install and compare them with stillen. I did get an exhaust installed at stillen, i think the shop is clean and they did a good job. If the price is good, i think any of the above mentioned are better than most volume dealers like discount, but sounds like they are getting their act together nowadays and yeah, can't beat some of their prices.
In the 350Z ( unlike previous Z's ) you don't need to go inside at all.

Here are the pictures from wheel warehouse in Anahiem on La Palma.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=36235

Sorry - They were "old School" and they were ....

Cheers Amy -
Old 09-15-2003, 10:56 PM
electrolux

So you got your suspension done at Wheels Warehouse by a guy named Anthony? I am getting my wheels there but didnt know they did suspension too. We if its true do you recommend getting my Teins installed by Anthony over there?
Old 09-15-2003, 11:12 PM
LaoSiFu

Email me if you're interested in the Tein and getting it installed.

LaoSiFu@Aol.com
Old 09-16-2003, 12:18 AM
93mr2tbar

Default Re: Anyone here get anything installed at Stillen?

Originally posted by electrolux
I am soon to be an owner of a silverstone 350z and I am already planning out exactly how I am gonna fix it up. I am planning to go with the Tein Flex Coilovers w/ EDFC. I'm looking for a solid place in Southern Cali to get them installed. I noticed that Stillen sells the Tein kit and they say they install everything they sell. Anyone had them do an install before? It doesn't really matter what. I just want to know if they are up to par with their mechanical skills. Dont think I will buy any Stillen products though. People seem to have to problems with parts and customer service. Also if anyone knows of a better place to install the Teins lin So Cal et me know.
If you would like to get your Tiens installed, Justin and Lyndon are on this board and have installed the unit themselves. Can't quite put my finger on their screen names at the moment. I'll post there names when I do. Best of luck with your mod.

Isaac
Old 09-16-2003, 11:14 AM
BullishZ

Default Re: Re: Anyone here get anything installed at Stillen?

Originally posted by 93mr2tbar
If you would like to get your Tiens installed, Justin and Lyndon are on this board and have installed the unit themselves. Can't quite put my finger on their screen names at the moment. I'll post there names when I do. Best of luck with your mod.

Isaac
Justin and Lyndon are "Aloharacing" and "Importriders" respectively...

Yes, they are the Daygo Tein superheroes.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:19 PM
electrolux

Default Re: Re: Re: Anyone here get anything installed at Stillen?

Originally posted by BullishZ
Justin and Lyndon are "Aloharacing" and "Importriders" respectively...

Yes, they are the Daygo Tein superheroes.
I have actually emailed Aloharacing a few times. He is super helpful. I would rather get it all istalled professionally though. So I can bug them if anything goes wrong. I was also thinking of having them mount the EDFC unit in the little ashtray if it will fit. I would love to learn how to do the install. I had a truck once that a friend and I lowered. So I feel I can do it myself if I had the right tools. I just dont want to use a brand new 350z as the test subject. Unless maybe if it wasn't mine. haha.
Old 09-16-2003, 07:36 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

i would never go with stealing
as for buying i suggest bulletproofautomotive.com "matix" on this board is the guy to talk to, plenty do isntall signal did some of my friends zs so they ahve experience.