Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Who would be interested in a so cal dyno day?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 07:06 AM
Mr Twisted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it would be more fun if we all got there about the same time to cheer eachother on.

Team Dyno and post mods and dyno numbers of ten to 12 setups. Since I'll probabally be the low man on the totum with a auto 5At trans I don't mind. Maybe it will get other 5AT"ers out of the closet to join in the family fun.

Mr Twisted here
03 chrome Silver touring
veilside ver 3 wing
InjenCai W/ Stillen Cat-backs
Old 10-11-2003, 09:15 AM
350z4steve

have you talked to them about a general time slot where we could all get in our dyno's (from whatever the 10+ people) isnt that the purpose to see what everyone is getting with all the diff mods?
Old 10-11-2003, 11:39 AM
Mr Twisted

Ya but weither we post it is the question? So of thegays might be shy about there mods and after all it's kind of personal what you got?
Old 10-13-2003, 08:14 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

someone can have my spot (even though this was half my idea), however i will be there
Old 10-13-2003, 01:47 PM
apex locator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so what are the time slots? when does it start? when does it end?
Old 10-21-2003, 01:13 PM
apex locator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ok, i just called powertrain dynamics in HB to inquire about the dyno day on nov. 1st.....the guy didnt know what the hell i was talking about and said as of right now they dont have anything planned for that saturday. i should've asked for his name, but he said if there are any dyno days set up, it would've gone through him first. he has no knowledge of a group of 350zs wanting to dyno.

soo.......whoever is organizing this has really dropped the ball. all we have so far is a date of nov 1st, which isnt even set yet according to the shop; no info on times, # of cars,....nada

step up organizer(s) and clarify this please!
Old 10-21-2003, 02:06 PM
daytona350z

Originally posted by b18bvudoo
ok, i just called powertrain dynamics in HB to inquire about the dyno day on nov. 1st.....the guy didnt know what the hell i was talking about and said as of right now they dont have anything planned for that saturday. i should've asked for his name, but he said if there are any dyno days set up, it would've gone through him first. he has no knowledge of a group of 350zs wanting to dyno.

soo.......whoever is organizing this has really dropped the ball. all we have so far is a date of nov 1st, which isnt even set yet according to the shop; no info on times, # of cars,....nada

step up organizer(s) and clarify this please!
what? with whom did you talk to? i talked to two people there, steve d. and not sure about the other, but i think his name was colin. they said they had scheduled me and would inform me by phone of what time/schedule it would be.

sorry for the problem, but i will clear this all up by this afternoon. again sorry for the inconvienience.
Old 10-21-2003, 02:18 PM
daytona350z

ok, called the shop and left a message, i sould get all this squared away today.
Old 10-21-2003, 02:46 PM
cyberz350

Excuse the noobness but when people say to get your car dyno tuned what exactly is the shop doing? Also, do they do this at any dyno place? How bout this shop?

P.S. I'd like to swing by to meet you guys and check out the Zs so count me in.
Old 10-21-2003, 04:07 PM
daytona350z

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK GOT THE INFO!!!!

appearently we booked ahead of time, and he hadnt written on his calendar for november. It was in a planner as a "350 dyno day" meaning as ion chevy 350's i assume.

I dropped by the place today and cleard up the confusion with steve. yes we are still on for november 1st. Hopefully that clears a few things up.

I am posting on a different thread a caravan place, if anyone feels like it, and the directions and info on the shop.

sorry for the confusion, but as i said, i would clear it up by the afternoon.

Thanks for understanding!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 10-21-2003, 04:21 PM
daytona350z

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=47072

new thread
please everyone sign in
Old 10-23-2003, 12:51 AM
KONVERTER

id love to go but do not know if i will have my mods installed yet...

waiting on parts :-/ well onepart... :-/
Old 10-23-2003, 11:32 AM
M Powered

BWAHAHAH.

75 dollars for 3 pulls AND its a dyno day? LOL.

If you guys want, I can setup a dyno day here in the valley for 45 dollars which is 3 pulls AND INCLUDES 02 sensor graphs.

Hate to rain on the parade, but I find 75 dollars a little expensive for a dyno day. Generally speaking, dyno days should be cheaper.
Old 10-23-2003, 12:26 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by M Powered
BWAHAHAH.

If you guys want, I can setup a dyno day here in the valley for 45 dollars which is 3 pulls AND INCLUDES 02 sensor graphs.

Hate to rain on the parade, but I find 75 dollars a little expensive for a dyno day. Generally speaking, dyno days should be cheaper.
Damn, that's a great price. What kind of dyno is it? And, how soon can you set this up. Btw, I agree, I thought the dyno was going to be cheaper than $75 when we have a group of people.
Old 10-23-2003, 01:26 PM
M Powered

2-3 weeks in advance.

The dyno used is a dynojet, typical dynometer used by just about everyone.
Old 10-23-2003, 01:33 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2-3 weeks in advance.

The dyno used is a dynojet, typical dynometer used by just about everyone.
Well guys, the price is a 40% discount from the dynojet offer that was originally $60-$70 but later turns out to be $75. I say we take advantage of M Powered's offer even if we have to bump this a week or two.
Old 10-23-2003, 01:57 PM
daytona350z

BWAHAHAH.

umm..i did not just say 3 pulls....u can make however many you like just as long as u use them in a row. and btw, this day does inclued the 02 sensor graphs
Old 10-23-2003, 07:18 PM
M Powered

Originally posted by daytona350z
umm..i did not just say 3 pulls....u can make however many you like just as long as u use them in a row. and btw, this day does inclued the 02 sensor graphs
I find that VERY hard to believe. That quote can easily be misunderstood and taken the wrong way.

Some may percieve your quote as a reason to go dyno tune their car.

Lets face it, why would anyone want to make more than 3 runs? To make small adjustments of course. Those adjustments usually include, air/fuel adjustments, removal of cut-out, remove air filter/intake box removal and so forth. Believe me, each of these adjustments command at least 5-10 minutes. With that said, for anyone to justify making more than 3 dyno runs without minor corrections would be folly.

Running your car consistently on a dyno means your car will unavoidably lose power every run (Heatsoak) -- so justify away

If you wish to make a dyno day, the dynoshop will require at least 15 confirmed cars.

Let me know ahead of time via email s4dukar@yahoo.com and I will call my friend to see if we can book a date.
Old 10-23-2003, 08:02 PM
Mr Twisted

SUGGEST WE ALL MAKE THE FIRST DATE AS PLANNED REGARDLESS... IF WE START SECOND GUESSING EACH OTHER, THE WHOLE THING WILL FALL APART... iF WE GET A BETTER DEAL OK' I FOR ONE WILL DO MY PART AND PAY MY PART.

As for the second dyno day, I'm in for that as well . I'll have more stuffl added after the Sema show anyway... It's taken a few daysand months of prep to get 9 guys How are you going to get 5 more regardless of price.

There's always going to be a "rainmaker"in every bunch.. what if you drop out of this one and we do'nt get enough guys for the second. Now who's the fool. it's all about the get together anyway. A Z family function. Stick together thru this one. Whats a few bucks ,we'll blow that on beer and pizza anyway I'll buy. Any Way SP Engineering my local guy charges $125 for 3 runs. I'm sure we'll get what we paid for so do'nt sweat it.

Daytona 350 Z Blue your the man nice work for our benefit.

Twisted out for fun. Lets get Richard out there.. He's get Plenum now . ooooowa

Last edited by Mr Twisted; 10-23-2003 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-23-2003, 08:02 PM
daytona350z

BWAHAHAH.

I find that VERY hard to believe. That quote can easily be misunderstood and taken the wrong way.

ok, i know where u r comin from. but steve did in fact tell me he would be able to do more than 3 runs per vehicle.

no need to bash on my attempt to try and set at least something up for our community. i was only trying to help.

i will be talking to steve tomorrow to see if i can get a price break.

Quick Reply: Who would be interested in a so cal dyno day?