Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

San Diego Dealership/Detailer recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 01:17 PM
nmap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default San Diego Dealership/Detailer recommendations

Hey folks! I'm new to SD, but not new to the car scene or Nissans. Being new to San Diego and without garage space to work on my own cars, I'm looking for suggestions where to take my Z for service. I also need the name and number of a good detailer. I think i may drop by the next local Z Meet, but to be honest I spend more time with autox/road race people than show crowd enthusiasts.

Pics for views: current vehicle.

Track **** back in Utah, built for Miller Motorsports Park. All work done by myself. Built SR, Z brakes, larger turbo, full race exhaust manifold, external wastegate, rebuilt coilovers. Lots of gofast parts that I miss terribly.

Can anyone help the new kid out?
Old 06-23-2009, 04:43 PM
hammer2930

I would suggest C & D auto repair or Mossy Oceanside for service. Detailing I would suggest me, Final Touch Detailing. PM me I we can talk to see what you want done for detail on your car. Also check on here from time to time to see when the next meet is for San Diego. Usually they are on Thurs. nights. Welcome to SD

Peter
Final Touch Detailing
Old 06-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Lawy'dU

Mossy Nissan in El Cajon is the best nissan dealership for modified Z's in SD. They have a great crew there and they can even do alignments for lowered vehicles there.

As for a detailer, I have a friend named Mike, AKA MWSCircle, who does the details for ballers at car shows, and is probably the best detailer that i've met in SD.

In terms of track and performance mods, all of the SD guys can vouch for Scott at RA, even though the guys on my350z love to bash him so much.

Oh, we also have a caravan to the big annual HB meet this weekend if you want to cruise up with us.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:49 PM
hammer2930

For mods I do agree with Lawy'du. Scott at RA, he's a cool guy. I have met him a couple of times at the SD meets. He definitely knows mods
Old 06-24-2009, 05:33 AM
MMC Racing

Scott at RA -

Where is Scott's shop again? He's a race car driver that slings parts.

For service, i go to Kearny Mesa Mossy Nissan. The GT-R tech is top notch.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:39 AM
escobar929

i wouldnt let scott touch my lawnmower...
Old 06-24-2009, 05:49 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Go to Tim at SFR (Speed Force Racing) in Santee if you plan to do any performance mods. Speedforce is the only performance shop in SD that is known for VQ experience. Runner up is GTM only because of the 2.5hr distance.

Last edited by djamps; 06-24-2009 at 05:51 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:14 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by escobar929
i wouldnt let scott touch my lawnmower...

Take your car to a real shop....either GT Motorsport ( GTM) or Speed Force Racing ( SFR ) in San Diego.....or even Intense in AZ...... The only shops on the west coast I would take my car to....

Welcome to the community...and BEWARE !!!!!!

Last edited by XKR; 06-24-2009 at 06:31 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:31 AM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by nmap
Track **** back in Utah, built for Miller Motorsports Park. All work done by myself. Built SR, Z brakes, larger turbo, full race exhaust manifold, external wastegate, rebuilt coilovers. Lots of gofast parts that I miss terribly.

Can anyone help the new kid out?

gofast

stay away from scott/ra and anyone who suggests him to you.he apparently lies about parts installed and hp claims.other shops have had his "builds" come into their shop and the concensus is
Old 06-24-2009, 05:31 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Lawy'dU
Mossy Nissan in El Cajon is the best nissan dealership for modified Z's in SD. They have a great crew there and they can even do alignments for lowered vehicles there.

As for a detailer, I have a friend named Mike, AKA MWSCircle, who does the details for ballers at car shows, and is probably the best detailer that i've met in SD.

In terms of track and performance mods, all of the SD guys can vouch for Scott at RA, even though the guys on my350z love to bash him so much.

Oh, we also have a caravan to the big annual HB meet this weekend if you want to cruise up with us.

I am in San Deigo and I will vouch that Scott Bush is a douche bag crook who operates out of a shack
Old 06-24-2009, 06:46 PM
nmap

Wow. Lots of drama! Thankfully I won't be needing the assistance of any performance shops, I'm more than capable of building anything I might need with this Z should I start modding. I really just want a maintenance paper trail when I sell the car down the line.

Thanks for the input gents! I'll take the car to Mossy El Cajon, I've actually heard from someone else that they handle quite a few Z's there... as much as it chaps my *** to pay for oil changes and fluid top offs.

See everyone around town! Hopefully I'll have a chance to head out on Thursday.