Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Got a bogus ticket.. need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 07:21 PM
USMCkang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a bogus ticket.. need help

Alright, so my gf needed to go pick up her paycheck at work, so I took her to her workplace to go get the check..

Right next to her work, literally ~10 feet away is a Sheriff's parking spot. I stopped there for like 10 seconds so she could get out and go run in to get her paycheck, as she comes out, there is a Cop coming towards us, and WHILE this is happening, there is someone PARKED in the FIREZONE literally 2 feet away from me. As the cop pulls up, I start to leave and he pulls me over like 30 seconds later. He comes by, and I tell him the story, tell him that I am an applicant for the LAPD, and that I was sorry for the predicament, I even took pics of my gf's phone and what time her boss called, and the distance between the parking spot and the store. He goes on to tell me that I need to be responsible for my mistakes and that I was 'gambling.' I told him I wasn't parked there at all, showed him the time that my gf's boss called yet STILL this guy issues me a ticket.

Either way, I would love to be a police officer one day but this is sooo depressing.. Hands down the most retarded ticket I have ever received.

Alright, need advice now: Nowhere on my ticket does it say how much my fine is. It just tells me I must appear in court on or before 10/2/09 by 830AM. I plan on contesting the ticket based on what kind of advice you guys give me.

Thanks
Old 07-05-2009, 07:21 AM
Fooshe

You didn't say what you were cited for.

Is there a NO STOPPING sign? If not, you might have a case. You were STOPPED, not PARKED. But I can tell you this, a good deal of officers look at the fact that you are an applicant to a law enforcement agency and think you should know better. "If you want to enforce the law, you need to follow the law" kind of attitude. In some cases (like this one) it will ensure you get a ticket rather than excuse you from one.

As for the fine, you can find those in the traffic fine schedule for the county court that you were cited in.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:34 PM
iArak

Default This works

Best way to contest is to extend the date the maximum amount of times that you can do so.... which is 2 i believe and once u do that chances of him appearing are slim to none....since u contested it he must show up to give his side of the story but most of the time and with some luck on your part they dont show up to fight it thus u win and he loses... Try that, if it doesnt work i might have a hook up that can maybe help you out with some "advice"
Old 07-08-2009, 03:52 AM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

Was your car sitting in the parking spot marked for the "Sheriff"?. If so, it seems to me that you were illegally parked regardless of the amount of time you were in the space. I would just suggest paying the ticket and not wasting any more brain power trying to get out of it.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:25 PM
danbuh

fight it ... on the ticket the officer must write down his days off. book the court date for one of his days off because he won't get paid for it. this is the reason most officers don't show up.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:52 PM
08nogaroZ

Originally Posted by danbuh
fight it ... on the ticket the officer must write down his days off. book the court date for one of his days off because he won't get paid for it. this is the reason most officers don't show up.
actually they get incentives for going to court for tickets.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:31 PM
USMCkang

I 'stopped there.' My engine wasn't even off.. I merely stopped, gf got out of the car, she ran back out, and as I was reversing literally ~10 seconds after I 'stopped' there, the cop comes out to give me a ticket.. when RIGHT next to me was a lady who 'parked' in the fire lane.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:19 PM
highside107

What were you cited for? Is this a "moving" volation" or a parking violation? Give us the code you were cited for on the ticket...
Old 07-20-2009, 10:00 AM
ztarded

fight it by written declaration... dont even have to go to court its all done by mail. i fought my last 2 tix in the past and won everytime due to the officers insufficent evidence.