Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Question for people in San Diego

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 06:36 AM
sozugk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for people in San Diego

Hi,

I'm moving from NY to San Diego in 2 weeks. I looked up the dealers over there and there are couple. I was wondering which has the best service and least problems with warranty issues. Have to pick one as soon as I get there. Thanks.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:13 AM
nooooorb

Mossy Nissan. There's a whole bunch of them.

The service guys at the Kearny Mesa branch were pretty cool. I had my first oil change done over there a month ago and they damaged/scratched my aluminum kick plate (I noticed this after I got home). I called them back up and explained what happened; the parts manager then said to bring the car to them and they ordered the replacement right away. Took three days and problem solved.

The Mossy Nissan in Poway has the newest facility and newest equipment. You might want to try them too.

AVOID Pacific Nissan.

Good luck and welcome to SD.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:06 AM
Mikestro

If you are in north county, Mossy Nissan Oceanside is rad, they have mod friendly staff and have a modded 350Z that they race and bring to events. I forget the dude's name but the service manager is top notch.
Old 10-02-2003, 01:54 PM
erock

Welcome sozugk,
Jus like nooooorb said, Mossy Nissan's staff are pretty good..... I got mine from them in Kearny Mesa and take it to them for oil changes and stuff.... Haven't had any warranty issues yet *knockonwood* but I'm pretty sure they'd treat you good......

Ditto on Pacific Nissan, I knew I wasn't buyin' from them as soon as I walked into the show room.... (but that's a whole different story)

BTW, I'm originally from Jersey City NJ, you gonna love it out here.....
Old 10-02-2003, 10:15 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Greg Vogel is the guys name at Mossy in Oceanside. He has a projest 350Z, altima etc and tracks both cars. He sells parts to match prices of Performance Nissan which is as good as a price as you will get from Nissan. Greg dynos every mod so you can see the hp of what you are buying thus no guessing.
Old 10-03-2003, 12:01 AM
Vicarious

speaking of san diego, who is the Black 350z with the nismo body kit and exhaust that parks in Pangea Parking structure at UCSD?
Old 10-03-2003, 04:14 AM
sozugk

Originally posted by erock
Welcome sozugk,
Jus like nooooorb said, Mossy Nissan's staff are pretty good..... I got mine from them in Kearny Mesa and take it to them for oil changes and stuff.... Haven't had any warranty issues yet *knockonwood* but I'm pretty sure they'd treat you good......

Ditto on Pacific Nissan, I knew I wasn't buyin' from them as soon as I walked into the show room.... (but that's a whole different story)

BTW, I'm originally from Jersey City NJ, you gonna love it out here.....

Thanks erock, I can't wait to move. I'm pretty excited about it.

And thanks to the others... I'll probably be moving to La Jolla as my company is there so I would probably go with Mossy. Maybe I can get to meet some of you guys in the future.
Old 10-06-2003, 02:21 PM
VeilSdeGTO

La Jolla is nice! Kearny Mesa dealers are pretty nice. La Jolla is about 20 minutes south of Oceanside.

Sorry to jack the thread but Vicarious... does that mean you go to Roosevelt? How are their new dorms and stuff?
Old 10-06-2003, 04:57 PM
qirex

hehe wassaah nooorb! saw you at the qualcom autox in july.

ANyhow...definitely avoiud pacific NISSAN.

I too just moved from jersey city NJ to SD. We drove cross country and I went to service my Z. My computer and stuff didnt arriev for 3 weeks so I had no choice but assume that mossy was the "big bad dealer monopoly". Boy was I wrong. The pacific uys charged me $100 for 12K svc, then tol me I needed new pads front and rear. They quoted me $256 each set.
1 week after leaving them, I started having my "brake" lightcoming on while driving. By this time, I was online and went to mossy oceanside. These guys told me that my brake fluid was low..(hmmm how'd that happen pacific??) and that my pads should be replaced at $134 a set. Now get this...the girl refused to let me pay for tyhem - stating that her manager would get them replaced under warrantee as the car shouldnt need new pads so early.

So yeah, mossy ALL THE WAY!!!

oh, enjoy SD, give us SD'ers a holla when you get out here.
Old 10-11-2003, 03:45 PM
Vicarious

They are awesome, much better than the other ones.
i don't go to roosevelt.

i go to marshall, but i just park at pangea anyway

do you go to ucsd also?
Old 10-11-2003, 05:24 PM
nooooorb

Qirex - What's up? Long time, no see. Have you found a house yet?

Vicarious - My fellow Marshall-er. Graduated from there in '97 (BSME). What year are you now? DOC (Dimensions of Culture) is a b*tch, isn't it? But still, it's way easier that the other humanities courses. Hope to meet you. Do you know any other UCSD 350Z owners?
Old 10-11-2003, 05:49 PM
Vicarious

hey nooorb

im a second year and yes, DOC was the dumbest thing i have ever done in my life. did frasier *** teach it when u grad'?

i dont know any other UCSD members for now...theres a black 350z there with nismo kit, exhaust and rims..dunno him though

are u grad student or somethin?
Old 10-11-2003, 05:52 PM
HVN N HEL

Greetings fellow and soon-to-be San Diego Z-Men. This is my first post as I have been one of those "peeping toms" you've read about recently. I've just been browsing and collecting ideas.

Bought my SS Roadster at Mossy-Escondido in August. Good experience overall. Patient folks as I spent hours trying to decide between the coupe and the roadster. Still breaking it in and am around 650mi so haven't had any service conducted yet. One warranty issue: was missing a small section of rubber seal from the top. They got it within a week. Waiting for oil change at 1K.

Shopping for wheels right now and am just trying to decide between:
19" 5Zigen Hyper 5ZRs (rivets or not),
IForged Aeros (rivets or not), or
Axis Milanos.

Can anyone recommend a good local shop for purchase/mounting?

sozugk, have a safe trip...
Old 10-11-2003, 07:22 PM
nooooorb

Originally posted by Vicarious
hey nooorb

im a second year and yes, DOC was the dumbest thing i have ever done in my life. did frasier *** teach it when u grad'?

i dont know any other UCSD members for now...theres a black 350z there with nismo kit, exhaust and rims..dunno him though

are u grad student or somethin?
No, I'm not a grad student - I work as a mechanical engineer. I didn't like DOC or any other ethnic studies courses that I had to take but they we're easy compared to the engineering courses.

I remember Frasier ***. David Gutiérrez was also one of the DOC professors. What's your major anyhoot?
Old 10-11-2003, 08:23 PM
Vicarious

my major is economics/psych.

my roomate is a mechanical engineer...hes wonderin where u work?
Old 10-11-2003, 09:19 PM
nooooorb

Cool. I work for a company in Temecula.
Old 10-13-2003, 10:15 AM
VeilSdeGTO

I graduated from UCSD. Don't complain about DOC. I had to take MMW for 2 years! Hehe. I'm just a little bitter that Roosevelt has such nice dorms now. Wish I still went there. =\
Old 10-13-2003, 01:16 PM
Horizon1

ucsd'er too...grad 2 yrs ago, still go on campus to the gym ...got a CS track. you know warren's the bomb diggity college, right?"! haha
Old 10-14-2003, 07:49 AM
Ryan

Greg Vogel is my homeboy.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:10 PM
baobabie

Cool ! Mossy it is. I will be bringin my 06Z to Mossy Oceanside --due for the very first 'checkup'...

Quick Reply: Question for people in San Diego