Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Got speed ticket on I-10 for doing 70MPH~!@#$%^

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 07:51 PM
dvo

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

noobs

haters gonna hate. lol
Old 05-07-2010, 01:34 AM
tsGeekzStylez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dvo
I'm just sick of all these tards complaining about a speeding ticket when they know they're breaking the law. It's not like it's just a recommended speed. It's a posted speed limit for a reason. Now if you decide to go over that then that's fine but don't b!tch about it if you get a ticket. Think about it this way, if you're going in for a driving test, would you go over the speed limit then? or what about if you saw the cop behind you? would you keep going 5-10mpg over the limit or slow down?

As for the time of day, that's even less reason for you to be speeding if it's late at night because at that point, you're not disrupting the flow of traffic since there aren't that many cars on the lot. I'm not saying whether you getting the ticket was right or wrong, I'm just saying that you knew that you were speeding so don't f'ing complain when yo get a ticket for surprise.... a speeding ticket.
sick and tired of tards? What a senseless comment.. Getting a ticket for 74mph when actually going 70 mph isnt a reason to complain? Are you stupid? There is always a time to complain when unjust tickets are written up... Why would anyone drive as if they were going in for a driving test anyway??? Are you fcken 50yrs old or what? Keep driving 65mph if you’d like grandpa.

And yes the time of day matters. It wasn’t as if I was driving reckless or at the pace of traffic. I was going 75mph while the cars around me were going 80-85.. There were 4 cops inside the patrol car, and as they pulled me over one of them walked towards the front of my car shined his flash light at my hood and told the others “Hey cool his hood is made out of carbon fiber”. It seemed more as if they targeted to pull my car over. I saw them from nearly a mile away and cut my speed down to 70 by the time they actually tailed me. They claimed I was driving 80mph when I told them I was only going 70 (a legal limit of 5mph over speed limit). They had no proof of radar or laser so they instead wrote 75mph… They could of easily pulled over someone else driving a whole lot faster, but pulled me over instead.
So I’ll fcken complain all I fcken want, don’t tell me what to do.. i dont think a random person is gonna start lecturing you about what to do and how to handle things so STFU! lol you don’t know me so I don’t give a fck! Why the fck are crying about other people’s decisions.. get off that b1tch ****.. nagging at others.. gtfo

Last edited by tsGeekzStylez; 05-07-2010 at 01:40 AM.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:30 AM
palmboy

Originally Posted by tsGeekzStylez
sick and tired of tards? What a senseless comment.. Getting a ticket for 74mph when actually going 70 mph isnt a reason to complain? Are you stupid? There is always a time to complain when unjust tickets are written up... Why would anyone drive as if they were going in for a driving test anyway??? Are you fcken 50yrs old or what? Keep driving 65mph if you’d like grandpa.

And yes the time of day matters. It wasn’t as if I was driving reckless or at the pace of traffic. I was going 75mph while the cars around me were going 80-85.. There were 4 cops inside the patrol car, and as they pulled me over one of them walked towards the front of my car shined his flash light at my hood and told the others “Hey cool his hood is made out of carbon fiber”. It seemed more as if they targeted to pull my car over. I saw them from nearly a mile away and cut my speed down to 70 by the time they actually tailed me. They claimed I was driving 80mph when I told them I was only going 70 (a legal limit of 5mph over speed limit). They had no proof of radar or laser so they instead wrote 75mph… They could of easily pulled over someone else driving a whole lot faster, but pulled me over instead.
So I’ll fcken complain all I fcken want, don’t tell me what to do.. i dont think a random person is gonna start lecturing you about what to do and how to handle things so STFU! lol you don’t know me so I don’t give a fck! Why the fck are crying about other people’s decisions.. get off that b1tch ****.. nagging at others.. gtfo
Did u contest that ticket? any story shared?
Old 05-07-2010, 08:39 AM
black_gst

Originally Posted by 350ZGrrrl
Fight it by written declaration, saying you checked your speedometer and describe a car that passed you on the right
^easist way to win tickets. reason is that cop has to write a letter saying why your guilty and often they never wirte one
Old 05-07-2010, 11:46 AM
tsGeekzStylez

Originally Posted by palmboy
Did u contest that ticket? any story shared?
yeah i requested a trial by declaration.. my friend is gonna help me write it up.. hes won like 3 cases by TBD already lol.. ill copy and paste what i'm going to write asap
Old 05-08-2010, 06:17 PM
dvo

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

No, I'm not 50 years old. I'm actually 26. It's the lack of maturity and that fact that you can't responsibility for your own actions that I think is ridiculous. In the first paragraph you said "Getting a ticket for 74mph when actually going 70 mph isnt a reason to complain?" In your second paragraph, you said I was going 75mph while the cars around me were going 80-85.. So which one is it?

It's people like you on why I got rid of my 350z. Lots of immature youngsters have ruined this forum and the 350z community. The only reason I stick around the forums is because this is still one of the better automotive forums out there. I'm sure that there are many others that feel the same way as I do about the sudden increase of douche bags that are now on the forum.

In summation, grow up and man up to your actions.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:23 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dvo
It's people like you on why I got rid of my 350z. Lots of immature youngsters have ruined this forum and the 350z community. The only reason I stick around the forums is because this is still one of the better automotive forums out there. I'm sure that there are many others that feel the same way as I do about the sudden increase of douche bags that are now on the forum.

I highly agree to many senseless noobs on this forum Geekstyle is a prime and the name Geekstyle well speaks for it's self.......
Old 05-08-2010, 11:49 PM
tsGeekzStylez

Originally Posted by dvo
No, I'm not 50 years old. I'm actually 26. It's the lack of maturity and that fact that you can't responsibility for your own actions that I think is ridiculous. In the first paragraph you said "Getting a ticket for 74mph when actually going 70 mph isnt a reason to complain?" In your second paragraph, you said I was going 75mph while the cars around me were going 80-85.. So which one is it?

uh the first paragraph referred to the OP in which he complained about getting a ticket for going 70mph.

the second paragraph statement refers to my own incident.

In summation, speak for your own actions instead of going around trying to lecture people about how they feel. Its a free world so we all have the right to say however we feel about the system. You speaking on behalves of others on the other hand is ignorant. What really gives u the right to call anyone a tard for standing against unjust government is stupid. I'm not the immature one that goes on other threads, and call people out saying that theyre tards for their own beliefs. Like I said, get off that b1tch **** of nagging at others. Keep your negativity to your own as I have to my own. You called out this entire thread so dont get butt hurt when someone finally speaks out against your stupid statements.

If you dont have anything nice to say to another, then dont say ****. Unless negativity was intentionally inflicted upon you. You started the **** talking, so stfu.

Originally Posted by Ed 718
I highly agree to many senseless noobs on this forum Geekstyle is a prime and the name Geekstyle well speaks for it's self.......
lol Ed, stop *** kissing and stick with drawing crayons with keyboard symbols. I'm a senseless noob for defending myself against stupid people that call others 'tards' for having integrity against cops that don't give justified tickets? You should speak for yourself

Last edited by tsGeekzStylez; 05-09-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:56 PM
tsGeekzStylez

lol btw dvo i HAVE manned up to my actions, for i'm fighting my case.. something thousands of other people do. Because they also have something to 'complain' about to the system. Go and single everyone that fights their case and b1tch about them. Since youre o so tired of them not fully accepting their ticket lol
Old 05-09-2010, 01:07 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

lol Ed, stop *** kissing and stick with drawing crayons with keyboard symbols. I'm a senseless noob for defending myself against stupid people that call others 'tards' for having integrity against cops that don't give justified tickets? You should speak for yourself
Is that all you got noob c'mon try again. It's really plain and simple if there is a posted limit then obey that limit or get cited. The lame excuse of well everyone is going over the speed limit so I did also does not excuse you to do the same. It's really simple if you dont like the laws, posted limits or our government then GTFO of MY country. I speed also I'm no angel but when I do get cited guess what it was my fault not anyone else. I have never been cited for driving the posted speed limit or under because I'm not in violation. Where did you see on the CALIFORNIA Speed law ( because that is where you live right ) Does it say ANYTHING about going OVER the speed limit at ANY TIME wiseguy?

California Driver Handbook

Laws and Rules of the Road

Speed Limits

California has a “Basic Speed Law.” This law means you may never drive faster than is safe for current conditions. For example, if you are driving 45 mph in a 55 mph speed zone during a dense fog, you could be cited for driving “too fast for conditions.”

You may never legally drive faster than the posted speed limit, even if you think it is safe to do so.

Regardless of the posted speed limit, your speed should depend on:
  • The number and speed of other vehicles on the road.
  • Whether the road surface is smooth, rough, graveled, wet, dry, wide, or narrow.
  • Bicyclists or pedestrians walking on the road’s edge or crossing the street.
  • Whether it is raining, foggy, snowing, windy, or dusty.
Maximum Speed Limit

The maximum speed limit on most California highways is 65 mph. You may drive 70 mph where posted. Unless otherwise posted, the maximum speed limit is 55 mph on two-lane undivided highways and for vehicles towing trailers.
Other speed limit signs are posted for the type of roads and traffic in each area. All speed limits are based on ideal driving conditions. Construction zones usually have reduced speed zones.
Driving faster than the posted speed limit or than is safe for current conditions, on any road, is dangerous and illegal. High speed increases your stopping distance. The faster you go, the less time you have to avoid a hazard or collision. The force of a 60 mph crash is not just twice as great as a 30 mph crash, it’s four times as great!

Old 05-09-2010, 01:09 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

They claimed I was driving 80mph when I told them I was only going 70 (a legal limit of 5mph over speed limit).
YOU may NEVER legally drive faster than the posted speed limit, even if you think it is safe to do so.

Any QUESTIONS ???????????????????????????????????????????????????
Old 05-09-2010, 11:39 AM
tsGeekzStylez

ROFL I really didn't need you to pull out the dictionary. All i was saying is that the cop could of pulled someone else over instead of me at the time. And because i felt that way, I have taken my case to the court system. Plain and simple. Now dvo decided to call me and everyone on this forum disliking their citation a tard for sharing their experience. I understand the law very well, for a friend of mine received a ticket for going 70mph on the freeway by an amateur police officer. He took the case into court and the judge laughed at the case and dismissed it immediately.

Now, is it really impossible for someone to speak up against the court system for once? Ed, you can call me a noob all u want for fighting against the law cuz i honestly dont give a **** lol. I had only posted my experience on this thread hoping that it will somehow give advice to one another, and it has. My goal is accomplished but yours has not and will never. No one cares what your information pertaining the California speed limit is because true life experiences will always differ from the book (As if i will someone will get bashed for disliking their speeding ticket of 66mph). I have fought many tickets for ive won some and lost some. I accept my losses for praise my winnings.

BTW thanks for copying and pasting the website lawbook. No more information from dmv.ca.gov plz, im not going to take my drivers license test anytime soon. Yes, i wish everyone followed by the book.. but life isn't like that.

Ok i know the 5mph is a bit sketchy since ive heard they changed that cushion down to 3mph now..

Since you like to copy and paste, here is something about the '5mph' speeding cushion..

Sorry for being wrong about a legal speed over the limit, its called a cushion in which everyone acknowledges. get off my nuts

Last edited by tsGeekzStylez; 05-09-2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:13 PM
tsGeekzStylez

More acknowledgment of the speed cushion

Yes, time and day matters, since it can be used in defense in a court.

Honestly, I think its more immature to go on threads calling people out for speaking their mind about their beliefs. Purely ignorance. Unless you are the law.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

The LAW allows no cushion period. Check the code book wiseguy if you are over the speed limit you can get cited and if you do don't cry like a little girl about it. Go ahead and try that speed cushion crap and look like a fool in court. The judge can simply pull out the code book. Which by the way please show me the penal code section where there is a allowable speed cushion over the posted speed limit? I have a code book sitting right here and guess what it's from your state. The morale of the story is you were speeding you got caught man up and stop being a ***** about it. With your little attitude about F@ck the police I'm glad you got caught no wonder you crying about it haha. If I were to break the law I know I am in danger of getting caught and if I do there is no one to blame but myself unlike you crying bitting your pillow posting for help.

Last edited by Ed 718; 05-09-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:54 PM
LaoSiFu

Originally Posted by palmboy
I was driving 70 mph westbound on I-10 at Friday 8:00 pm, got pulled over in Ktown area for speeding. I told the cop I just simply followed the traffic, some BMW are even faster than me. After he had all my documents, He asked me how fast I drive. I told him 70, then he walked away without any words, WTF. OK, few minutes later, he gave me the ticket, I notice he wrote 74. I asked him if there is any evidences such like speed gun used, I need to see it, since the number is so accurate. He stuck for 2 second and said, "NO, I DON'T HAVE, I DIDN'T USE LASER GUN OR SPEED GUN , BUT I NEED YOU SIGN IN THE BOX" After i signed it, he passed the ticket to me and left without any words, what the hell!? This A-hole seems in a rush to give me ticket, what is going on here in Los Angeles?
If the speed limit is 65MPH then sorry to say that you broke the law. If you take it to court and dispute it then the judge will still say you admit breaking the speedlimit by 5MPH if you admit you did 70MPH. Some law enforcement will let you slide and some what.

~Robert
Old 05-09-2010, 01:55 PM
LaoSiFu

Originally Posted by dvo
so you're admitting that that you wer speeding and you're complaining?
yeah I don't get that too. I don't remember the sign have 65MPH posted and in fine prints 5MPH over that is okay.

~Robert
Old 05-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Originally Posted by LaoSiFu
If the speed limit is 65MPH then sorry to say that you broke the law. If you take it to court and dispute it then the judge will still say you admit breaking the speedlimit by 5MPH if you admit you did 70MPH. Some law enforcement will let you slide and some what.

~Robert
Exactly there is no way around that. Maybe the officer could have considered someone else traveling at a faster speed but still both these wiseguys were over the posted speed limit hands down and in violation.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Honestly, I think its more immature to go on threads calling people out for speaking their mind about their beliefs. Purely ignorance. Unless you are the law.
No it's my 1st and 14th Amendment right protected by the United States Constitution to say what ever the hell I want to you in any form. Keep in mind bozo this is a public forum. If you don't like the responses then it's really simple don't post............You have alot to learn about this forum.

Last edited by Ed 718; 05-09-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:00 PM
tsGeekzStylez

lol exactly, i have an issue with the law and im seeing them about it. The book is the book, so of course theres no leeway on anything. Yes me and the OP had admitted to speeding yet the cop still gave us a ticket for a higher speed, so I definitely have something against that. And for that reason I'd say it again cause cops aren't always justified. I honestly don't give a **** about getting the ticket, but for the reason and the extent of what is written on the ticket is what i'm expressing. Yes the officer could of easily apprehended the car next to me in which he was traveling 10mph faster than i was lol.

lol noone wins a speeding ticket case trying to prove that they were not speeding, thats retarded. The judge will always favor the police officer instead. The only smart defense in a court of a speeding ticket is to argue if the speed is dangerous or not. I fought a case in person for going 95mph on a 45 zone. I asked the officer a few questions in court: If the road was serviced recently, if there were any pedestrians near by, if the road was wet or dry, if there were any other cars on the road. The officer replied no to all of my questions and the judge dismissed my case.

lol i know its not on fine print, but have u guys never heard of the 3-5mph speed cushion? or do u guys all drive 65mph on the dot all the time

Last edited by tsGeekzStylez; 05-09-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

lol i know its not on fine print, but have u guys never heard of the 3-5mph speed cushion? or do u guys all drive 65mph on the dot all the time
Who gives a rats as$ what I heard it's not printed on the code book bottom line you broke the law and deserve a citation. Also for your info I do drive well over the speed limit but I know if I get caught I will get cited and I don't cry about it. I got pinched doing 85 on my to Fresno but I was respectful and did not talk back to the officer. After all is done he wrote me down for 75 on a 65 so he dropped the speed. I paid the citation and went to traffic school no big deal............man up kid you were wrong and deserve a citation along with the OP. You can't convince me otherwise with the speed cushion crap give it up. There is NO speed cushion law and it does not hold up.

Quick Reply: Got speed ticket on I-10 for doing 70MPH~!@#$%^