Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Got speed ticket on I-10 for doing 70MPH~!@#$%^

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 12:18 AM
tsGeekzStylez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed 718
This coming from you, Please kid don't get me started on someones retardation. You are obviously not the smartest tool in the shed...LOL

Since when does USA TODAY write the CA vehicle codes or speed laws STOOPID stop trying to refer to some made up speed cushion as your defense MORON. If you relize you CAN NOT fight your silly speed cushion theory with it why refer to it. I can only see you trying to bring **** like this to a court room and get laughed at........( This f-in kid is he serious people LOL )
LOL ive won 3 cases already dummy .. I bring up this cushion to point out when cops give out speeding tickets to people going 70mph, yes it is dwindling but its not something of fiction but a fact. Yous a dumb a$$ for thinking i'm going to use that as a defense in court after ive already stated that i'd never use it. My case dismissals talk for me, not what ever you think. I'll copy and paste the outcome of my case so u can kiss my a$$

USATODAY have scholarly journal writers write for them. Not some random person who copies and paste things from other websites. NO **** its not gonna be written in fine print in the law. Otherwise theres no point for a speed limit.. Did u not read the article? Please, go ahead and write me a 1 page essay on that article. SPECIAL ED, you make me laugh.. thanks for the good humor
Old 05-10-2010, 12:35 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tsGeekzStylez
LOL ive won 3 cases already dummy .. I bring up this cushion to point out when cops give out speeding tickets to people going 70mph, yes it is dwindling but its not something of fiction but a fact. Yous a dumb a$$ for thinking i'm going to use that as a defense in court after ive already stated that i'd never use it. My case dismissals talk for me, not what ever you think. I'll copy and paste the outcome of my case so u can kiss my a$$

USATODAY have scholarly journal writers write for them. Not some random person who copies and paste things from other websites. NO **** its not gonna be written in fine print in the law. Otherwise theres no point for a speed limit.. Did u not read the article? Please, go ahead and write me a 1 page essay on that article. SPECIAL ED, you make me laugh.. thanks for the good humor
You STILL don't get it do you, It does not matter if you are going 66 on a 65 your are still over the LEGAL limit. There is no excuse stop bitching about it cry baby and bringing up **** that does not have ANY importance. Also for your info I could give a rats a$s how many times YOU CLAIM you won your cases, who cares even if you beat this one enjoy your time in court. I'm not the stupid one getting pulled over all the time I'm enjoying my time driving right past the idiots like yourself getting pulled over by our finest with me laughing my a$s off. I don't need to read no stinkin article when I have the vehicle code book right here. In a court of law ONLY the written law applies not some opinion of an article MORON. Get with the program and our laws of the land if not then leave my country................
Old 05-10-2010, 12:56 AM
tsGeekzStylez

You STILL don't get it do you, It does not matter if you are going 66 on a 65 your are still over the LEGAL limit. There is no excuse stop bitching about it cry baby and bringing up **** that does not have ANY importance. Also for your info I could give a rats a$s how many times YOU CLAIM you won your cases, who cares even if you beat this one enjoy your time in court. I'm not the stupid one getting pulled over all the time I'm enjoying my time driving right past the idiots like yourself getting pulled over by our finest with me laughing my a$s off. I don't need to read no stinkin article when I have the vehicle code book right here. In a court of law ONLY the written law applies not some opinion of an article MORON. Get with the program and our laws of the land if not then leave my country................
I've already stated this over and over. I understand my citation and am going to contest it. This is relevant to this thread. There really isn't an excuse for not abiding to the law. I'm taking my case to action. I'm not the one crying about other people's decisions and their beliefs. I'm actually not spending any time in court because I'm going to fight it by Trial by Declaration. Youve admitted towards being pulled over too lol.. Hopefully u get pulled over sometime soon so u can give a pat on your back cause u really need it. Who the hell tells someone to get out of their country? sounds like a white supremest or something

I'll get a screenshot of my recent case dismissals when i have time.

Last edited by tsGeekzStylez; 05-10-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:09 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

I've already stated this over and over. I understand my citation and am going to contest it. This is relevant to this thread. There really isn't an excuse for not abiding to the law. I'm taking my case to action. I'm not the one crying about other people's decisions and their beliefs. I'm actually not spending any time in court because I'm going to fight it by Trial by Declaration. Youve admitted towards being pulled over too lol.. Hopefully u get pulled over sometime soon so u can give a pat on your back cause u really need it. Who the hell tells someone to get out of their country? sounds like a white supremest or something

IDIOT look at the avatar does that look like a white supremest flag? Did you skip geography or something? I don't get pulled over hence why I pay less than $100 dollars for two never late model vehicles from a reputable insurance company have the fullest coverage. Do you know anything about insurance rates and how they are given? If I do get pulled over I am respectfull and courteous so I don't get cited. Officers are allowed to give warnings idiot based on the officer and conditions. I rarely get cited and when I do and it is my fault I deal with it not complain and make excuses. Please I'm getting bored with your stupidity..........
Old 05-10-2010, 01:59 AM
sssmasss

Originally Posted by Boneout JZA80
honestly california is broke as hell and trying to find any excuses to add revenue to our broke, exhaust budget...

ive been in ktown for the past few weekends and literally like 2 weeks ago i counted 8 DUi stops as i was posted up at the usual spot i hang out at... 8??!! within a 1.5 hour period, hella cars being towed etc...

this is all because cali is hella broke, we are a f-cking liberal *** state spending money on many things unecessary ...
i think u are dead wrong and anyone that think california is broke is dead wrong. it is not about losing money or running out of money but it is about relocating the fund. I did this research for my master paper. trust me...and damn.. long time.. i havent sign back in, since my damn roadster was wrecked by a friend.... sad but.... whatever.. driving a damn rav4 now.. ahhaha
Old 05-10-2010, 02:04 AM
sssmasss

i wonder how ur got ur license buddy. have u read the book? the new law states that u are allowed to drive over the posted speed limit by 3 mph... check that out. Just cannot stand it when u mentioned going over speed limit by 1 mph.. 66 for 65 limit...
Old 05-10-2010, 02:53 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Originally Posted by sssmasss
i wonder how ur got ur license buddy. have u read the book? the new law states that u are allowed to drive over the posted speed limit by 3 mph... check that out. Just cannot stand it when u mentioned going over speed limit by 1 mph.. 66 for 65 limit...
Please tell me who fooled you.............

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors...ia-tickets.htm

Take from above link
7. Speeders can only drive 3 miles above the limit-Fiction!
The speed limit is the speed limit. There is no legal definition allowing a driver to go 3 miles per hour above that.

Also found this.............

Drivers in California can be cited for speeding for driving at any rate (even just 1 MPH) over the maximum posted speed limit (and even for driving under the maximum posted speed limit, if current road conditions make that speed unsafe). Although police may not typically cite motorists until they exceed posted speed limits by a certain amount (e.g., 3-7 MPH), no state law sets a minimum amount of excess speed required for citation issuance.

Want more.............

CVC 22351(b): (b) The speed of any vehicle upon a highway in excess of the prima facie speed limits in Section 22352 or established as authorized in this code is prima facie unlawful unless the defendant establishes by competent evidence that the speed in excess of said limits did not constitute a violation of the basic speed law at the time, place and under the conditions then existing.

I'm reloading..............................

How to Avoid a Speeding Ticket
Step 1
Learn the three types of speed limits ' absolute, presumed and basic. An absolute speed limit means what it says: If you drive a mile over the posted limit, you are speeding. Under presumed speed limit law, you can legally exceed the posted limit as long as you drive safely. The basic speed limit allows you to drive only as fast as conditions allow, no matter what limit is posted.
Step 2
Note that all states have a basic speed limit and, using this law, usually give out tickets following an accident (even if driving under the posted limit).
Step 3
Study your state's laws. For example, speed limits in California, Arizona, Colorado and Connecticut are absolute on highways and presumed almost everywhere else; in states such as Pennsylvania, Florida, Alaska, Hawaii and Kansas, all are absolute; and in Texas and Rhode Island, almost all are presumed.
Step 4
Drive "safely and prudently" in states and on streets with presumed speed limits.
Step 5
Drive at or below the posted limit on interstates and state highways to avoid a speeding ticket in most states and when you don't know the law.

Keep in mind the vehicle codes are not suggestions they are limits. My point being even one mile over the speed limit can get you cited. Do I agree with this HELL NO but it's just that the law. Please show me where in the code book it said you can drive over the speed limit? Anyhow it's late now but when I return tommorow I expect a CVC CODE that states there is an allowable speed over the posted.........

Last edited by Ed 718; 05-10-2010 at 03:28 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:21 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Damn I thought I was done but for your reading pleasure please refer to page 29 of the 2010 ENGLISH CALIFORNIA DRIVER HANDBOOK by the CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES.....

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/dl600.pdf

It's a free PDF you desperately need.......Or do you need one in another langauge????????

Last edited by Ed 718; 05-10-2010 at 03:23 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:03 AM
dvo

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

most people win a Trial by Declaration only due to the fact that cops hate doing paperwork and don't bother with it.

anyways...
Old 05-10-2010, 09:47 AM
tsGeekzStylez

Originally Posted by dvo
most people win a Trial by Declaration only due to the fact that cops hate doing paperwork and don't bother with it.

anyways...
Youre actually right, all you have to do is ask like 10 detailed questions with good support and the officer has to answer them the exact way with enough evidence to overpower your claims.. still it works
Old 05-10-2010, 09:50 AM
tsGeekzStylez

Take from above link
The speed limit is the speed limit. There is no legal definition allowing a driver to go 3 miles per hour above that.

Drivers in California can be cited for speeding for driving at any rate (even just 1 MPH) over the maximum posted speed limit (and even for driving under the maximum posted speed limit, if current road conditions make that speed unsafe). Although police may not typically cite motorists until they exceed posted speed limits by a certain amount (e.g., 3-7 MPH), no state law sets a minimum amount of excess speed required for citation issuance.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
I didnt read any of this, but technically you can get a ticket for going over 1mph... will a cop ever do that? never. cops almost always give a 3mph leeway (when it used to be 5).. times change.. the recession is at fault.

yes if NO ONE drives at least 3-5mph over speed limit, then cops are going to have to pull even those who go over 1 mph..

IDIOT look at the avatar does that look like a white supremest flag? Did you skip geography or something? I don't get pulled over hence why I pay less than $100 dollars for two never late model vehicles from a reputable insurance company have the fullest coverage. Do you know anything about insurance rates and how they are given? If I do get pulled over I am respectfull and courteous so I don't get cited. Officers are allowed to give warnings idiot based on the officer and conditions. I rarely get cited and when I do and it is my fault I deal with it not complain and make excuses. Please I'm getting bored with your stupidity..........
LOL again and again youve said the same a$$ stupid **** over and over.... NO ONE CARES about what the FCK you pay for because it does not pertain to this thread. I can drive 65mph on the freeway all day every day and never get a ticket and my insurance rate will be fine but who gives a damn about that??? I never said I did not disobey the law so I have taken the ticket, paid it, and now will contest. Yes, I have been let go without a ticket before.. twice in my own city. Never said i was not courteous to any officer because I always am unless they are d!ckheads..

I actually got pulled over searched and had my Z searched right in front of my house a month ago, and when i was in the back of the cop car they asked me if I have ever been arrested etc. The officer was like "you've had a few tickets huh", I said, "Yeah, I actually just got one for going 75mph in the middle of the night while others were driving 85", he said "Wow, really?". By the reaction of his voice I knew he was a bit surprised. I also asked what their reason was for pulling me over and they (2 officers) did not answer me. As they were letting me go they finally let me know that they pulled me over because of my front license plate..

Last edited by tsGeekzStylez; 05-10-2010 at 10:32 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:24 PM
palmboy

As the OP and a LAW BREAKER, I stand at tsGeekzStylez's side, but thank to ED and dvo for ur opinions. I am not cry not about it, but I do complain due to the unjustified treatment. I shared story and most of my purpose is seeking a solution and warning other members for same situation they might face some time. I am 26, so plz don't say "grow up, blah blah blah".

dvo, since u change the car already, u lost the priority of being pulled. Congr!
ED, I am not sure ur location, but even law is same, the way they implement differs.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:39 PM
palmboy

In my case, if i drove 65 mph, the d!ckhead cop could still pull me for block the traffic and search the car for any tiny illegal part (even the shift ****).
Is it a paradox?
65 mph - block the traffic
70 mph - follow the flow of traffic, but speed
By reading the post, I think the chance to win this case is tiny. The cop could defeat me easily just for the fact of speeding. I will give it a try.
tsGeekzStylez, can u post or PM for the updated of ur case in the future. Appreciate any detail info
Old 05-10-2010, 02:59 PM
tsGeekzStylez

Originally Posted by palmboy
In my case, if i drove 65 mph, the d!ckhead cop could still pull me for block the traffic and search the car for any tiny illegal part (even the shift ****).
Is it a paradox?
65 mph - block the traffic
70 mph - follow the flow of traffic, but speed
By reading the post, I think the chance to win this case is tiny. The cop could defeat me easily just for the fact of speeding. I will give it a try.
tsGeekzStylez, can u post or PM for the updated of ur case in the future. Appreciate any detail info
Gladly, my best suggestions to you is to extend the date (it does not cost any money and it may lead the officer into forgetting the exact details of the citation). Then before the due date you just simply goto the traffic department at the courthouse and request a trial by declaration. I will PM you further information on how to fight the case later on.. A friend of mines is going to help me write it up
Old 05-10-2010, 06:55 PM
sssmasss

Take from above link

Want more.............

CVC 22351(b): (b) The speed of any vehicle upon a highway in excess of the prima facie speed limits in Section 22352 or established as authorized in this code is prima facie unlawful unless the defendant establishes by competent evidence that the speed in excess of said limits did not constitute a violation of the basic speed law at the time, place and under the conditions then existing.

I'm reloading..............................

How to Avoid a Speeding Ticket
Step 1
Learn the three types of speed limits ' absolute, presumed and basic. An absolute speed limit means what it says: If you drive a mile over the posted limit, you are speeding. Under presumed speed limit law, you can legally exceed the posted limit as long as you drive safely. The basic speed limit allows you to drive only as fast as conditions allow, no matter what limit is posted.
Step 2
Note that all states have a basic speed limit and, using this law, usually give out tickets following an accident (even if driving under the posted limit).
Step 3
Study your state's laws. For example, speed limits in California, Arizona, Colorado and Connecticut are absolute on highways and presumed almost everywhere else; in states such as Pennsylvania, Florida, Alaska, Hawaii and Kansas, all are absolute; and in Texas and Rhode Island, almost all are presumed.
Step 4
Drive "safely and prudently" in states and on streets with presumed speed limits.
Step 5
Drive at or below the posted limit on interstates and state highways to avoid a speeding ticket in most states and when you don't know the law.

Keep in mind the vehicle codes are not suggestions they are limits. My point being even one mile over the speed limit can get you cited. Do I agree with this HELL NO but it's just that the law. Please show me where in the code book it said you can drive over the speed limit? Anyhow it's late now but when I return tommorow I expect a CVC CODE that states there is an allowable speed over the posted.........
u are wrong.. i got the new rule print out from dmv....go check with the dmv.. they have new rules which were not printed on the old book yet.. go check
Old 05-10-2010, 07:30 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

u are wrong.. i got the new rule print out from dmv....go check with the dmv.. they have new rules which were not printed on the old book yet.. go check
Refer to post 88 where I provided a link from the CALIFORNIA DMV for the 2010 DRIVERS HANDBOOK.........

Where on the book does this silly idea of yours is in print or if you have the printout as YOU say what's the CVC code????

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/dl600.pdf

So the link is the OLD book LOL the DMV prints a new book every month then according to you..........

Last edited by Ed 718; 05-10-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:34 PM
verdict.
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 648 Likes on 491 Posts

This thread is full of win.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

LOL again and again youve said the same a$$ stupid **** over and over.... NO ONE CARES about what the FCK you pay for because it does not pertain to this thread. I can drive 65mph on the freeway all day every day and never get a ticket and my insurance rate will be fine but who gives a damn about that??? I never said I did not disobey the law so I have taken the ticket, paid it, and now will contest. Yes, I have been let go without a ticket before.. twice in my own city. Never said i was not courteous to any officer because I always am unless they are d!ckheads..

I actually got pulled over searched and had my Z searched right in front of my house a month ago, and when i was in the back of the cop car they asked me if I have ever been arrested etc. The officer was like "you've had a few tickets huh", I said, "Yeah, I actually just got one for going 75mph in the middle of the night while others were driving 85", he said "Wow, really?". By the reaction of his voice I knew he was a bit surprised. I also asked what their reason was for pulling me over and they (2 officers) did not answer me. As they were letting me go they finally let me know that they pulled me over because of my front license plate..
Look F@cktard you are making no sense at all first you claim you get pulled over all the time now you drive the posted and never get pulled over. Next you get pulled over and thrown in the back of a cruiser and get your car search LOL haha...... Reading your posts is starting to give me a headache trying to figure out your stupidity........AHHHHH
Old 05-10-2010, 09:58 PM
tsGeekzStylez

Originally Posted by ed 718
look f@cktard you are making no sense at all first you claim you get pulled over all the time now you drive the posted and never get pulled over. Next you get pulled over and thrown in the back of a cruiser and get your car search lol haha...... Reading your posts is starting to give me a headache trying to figure out your stupidity........ahhhhh
LOL WOW u cant read now???? I SAID I CAN drive speed limit and not get pulled over!!! Dumba$$ learn how to read!!! That's why you are confused SPECIAL ED!
Old 05-11-2010, 01:19 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

LOL WOW u cant read now???? I SAID I CAN drive speed limit and not get pulled over!!! Dumba$$ learn how to read!!! That's why you are confused SPECIAL ED!
HAHA don't get your panties in a bunch little girl...........

Quick Reply: Got speed ticket on I-10 for doing 70MPH~!@#$%^