Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Got speed ticket on I-10 for doing 70MPH~!@#$%^

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 03:32 PM
tsGeekzStylez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed 718
Who gives a rats as$ what I heard it's not printed on the code book bottom line you broke the law and deserve a citation. Also for your info I do drive well over the speed limit but I know if I get caught I will get cited and I don't cry about it. I got pinched doing 85 on my to Fresno but I was respectful and did not talk back to the officer. After all is done he wrote me down for 75 on a 65 so he dropped the speed. I paid the citation and went to traffic school no big deal............man up kid you were wrong and deserve a citation along with the OP. You can't convince me otherwise with the speed cushion crap give it up. There is NO speed cushion law and it does not hold up.
LOL thats on you, if u had a good cop give u a ticket lower than what you should of gotten, then good for u. I know i got the ticket and know i was indeed wrong. My only purpose of sharing my story was for the OP to know. I only shared my story to give some crucial advice of getting out of this ticket. You really think everyone that gets a ticket is going to pay up for it and goto traffic school? Now that sounds like some pu$$y **** to me. We as a citizen are given a right to fight and contest a ticket, so im going to do that and inform the OP in how it goes. All that youre saying to me Ed, is irrelevant. Ive manned up to my citation, I'm taking it to court.. unlike what you did (took the ticket and went to traffic school). I never tried to convince to you that I'm not guilty rofl, dont know where u got that from.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:45 PM
Boba

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn i just wrote an essay and my laptop took a dump.

Anyways Op, you could argue about the minimum speed law and the passing lane in your written declaration. Motorists can be cited for VC 22400b if they are going below the posted speed limit. If the left lane is used for passing and the freeway signpost is 65 mph, then does that put every motorist who wants to pass a truck going at 65 mph at risk for getting a speeding ticket? Also, you could argue that besides you being negligent for speeding, the police was also negligent in writing the true speed and just tell your side of the story. But you have to understand, if you have aftermarket tires, it can vary your true speed by a few mph. And under strict liability, all the police has to do is prove that you were indeed going over 65 mph, which he already did when you acknowledged going 70. So honestly to me, it looks like your chances of getting the ticket dismissed is slim to none. Why?

One thing you did wrong was to acknowledge going over the posted speed limit. By saying this, it puts you out of dismissal, but you could still lessen the fine which I also think is not very likely seeing as how the officer was treated. What you have to know is that police demands respect, and often when you give them their deserved respect, they will give one right back by either giving you a warning and letting you off, or writing you at a lower speed. They're humans too - they have sympathy and they also know that people have their good and bad days. Writing 1 mph as opposed to 10 mph simply does not effect an officer in any way.

And as far as speed cushion goes, I'm afraid to say there is no such thing when in front of a judge. All the judge does is allow both sides to tell their end of the story and he/she would come to a final judgment. Don't like the judge's decision? Then appeal it to the upper courts and they will pull out the law book and quote you directly. Waste of time IMO for a speeding ticket. Arguing with the police will only dig a deeper hole, nothing more. Be polite to the officer next time and do your arguing later in court.

I drive around 65 mph most of the time when I'm just cruising and not in a hurry, and when I am in a hurry, I just get to the left lane and assume the risk of getting caught. People might laugh, but hey, they're assuming their own risks for speeding. I could care less. I just prefer not to pay another $360. I can live with getting to my destination 3 minutes later when not in a hurry and not act like a *** swerving through lanes on the freeway just cause I drive a 300 HP car.

Op, there is always that 0.001% of getting the ticket dismissed. So whether you want to tell the truth, pay and be done with it, or make up a lie to try to get the ticket dismissed by finding flaws of the police and the law book and using it to fabricate creative defenses is totally up to you.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:00 PM
tsGeekzStylez

yup like i said, you trying to convince that you were not speeding in the court has a very slim chance of winning. The best and maybe only way to convince is the degree of how the road was and if the speed at which you were going is at all safe or not. questioning whether the speed limit has been checked for the road and when the last time it has been serviced is the best defense. Trial by declaration is the best hope against a speeding ticket, and if you do not get your case closed by TBD, then you can further take your case to the judge.

o btw i think u can only appeal the judge's decision if new evidence is brought into the case.. other than that i dont think u can appeal a traffic case, but dont quote me on that

Speeding cushion doesnt apply against the law, but it is something that cops do acknowledge. Its not as if once the cop is on the freeway everyone drops their speed down to 65 in all 4 lanes (if possible), more so everyone drives at the flow of traffic and not exceed the limit at extreme levels. Never said goto court and argue the speeding cushion. Just said i thought the cop would of had some reguard of the flow of traffic, but i DO think that i was targeted.. and i HAVE manned up by taking further actions.

Last edited by tsGeekzStylez; 05-09-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:00 PM
dvo

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tsGeekzStylez
I understand the law very well, for a friend of mine received a ticket for going 70mph on the freeway by an amateur police officer.

You should tell the judge that you were given a ticket by an amateur officer and see how that goes.

All I've really heard from you is Waa waa waa b!tch **** waa waa waa. you're the one that got all butt hurt because you can't handle what's call THE INTERNET. It can be unforgiving, and you may not like it but it is what it is. If you're going to participate on a forum or message board then you'll have to learn to take things with a grain of salt. You should be thankful that this is one of the more forgiving boards and you weren't flamed even more. If you can't handle it, go away. Nobody is forcing you to log on.

I've taken the liberty of looking for a forum that you may prefer as there is no negative talk allowed http://www.disboards.com/

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you've also raced on the streets/freeway before also.

Last edited by dvo; 05-09-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:12 PM
tsGeekzStylez

Originally Posted by dvo
You should tell the judge that you were given a ticket by an amateur officer and see how that goes.

All I've really heard from you is Waa waa waa b!tch **** waa waa waa. you're the one that got all butt hurt because you can't handle what's call THE INTERNET. It can be unforgiving, and you may not like it but it is what it is. If you're going to participate on a forum or message board then you'll have to learn to take things with a grain of salt. You should be thankful that this is one of the more forgiving boards and you weren't flamed even more. If you can't handle it, go away. Nobody is forcing you to log on.

I've taken the liberty of looking for a forum that you may prefer as there is no negative talk aloud http://www.disboards.com/

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you've also raced on the streets/freeway before also.
lol more b!tching from you, im just letting u know what it really is. You dont even know half the story yet u call people tards, ignorant. Nothing you have said pertains to this thread, so why dont u go on another thread and lecture someone elsem im handling all my business easily..
Old 05-09-2010, 04:33 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL thats on you, if u had a good cop give u a ticket lower than what you should of gotten, then good for u. I know i got the ticket and know i was indeed wrong. My only purpose of sharing my story was for the OP to know. I only shared my story to give some crucial advice of getting out of this ticket. You really think everyone that gets a ticket is going to pay up for it and goto traffic school? Now that sounds like some pu$$y **** to me. We as a citizen are given a right to fight and contest a ticket, so im going to do that and inform the OP in how it goes. All that youre saying to me Ed, is irrelevant. Ive manned up to my citation, I'm taking it to court.. unlike what you did (took the ticket and went to traffic school). I never tried to convince to you that I'm not guilty rofl, dont know where u got that from.
The only ***** here is you kid for bitching about cops and crying about get a minor speeding ticket. I have had a CLEAN ZERO point record on my insurance for YEARS that is why I have complete full coverage from Allstate covering my Corvette and Fj Cruiser for 90 dollars a month. I decided I was wrong and simply paid for my mistake and got it off my record. Also the only bitching is you and the OP...DVO is just telling you how it is and like he said if you don't like it then take your pillow biting a$s off this thread. No one will miss you trust me on this. Admit you are wrong there is NO excuse for you or the OP to break the law. If it is posted then you must obey the law bottom line no if and or buts.........
Old 05-09-2010, 04:45 PM
tsGeekzStylez

The only ***** here is you kid for bitching about cops and crying about get a minor speeding ticket. I have had a CLEAN ZERO point record on my insurance for YEARS that is why I have complete full coverage from Allstate covering my Corvette and Fj Cruiser for 90 dollars a month. I decided I was wrong and simply paid for my mistake and got it off my record. Also the only bitching is you and the OP...DVO is just telling you how it is and like he said if you don't like it then take your pillow biting a$s off this thread. No one will miss you trust me on this. Admit you are wrong there is NO excuse for you or the OP to break the law. If it is posted then you must obey the law bottom line no if and or buts.........
Thats nice.. like i said, no one cares about your record and what you paid for. Yes me and the OP are disgruntled by the citation, so we'll take it to other matters. Yes we were wrong for speeding (thats why a citation was given). The way the citation was given out was however unfair, so we help one another out. Anything you have to say Ed, is irrelevant. I wasnt bitching about anything, just stating the facts.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Thats nice.. like i said, no one cares about your record and what you paid for. Yes me and the OP are disgruntled by the citation, so we'll take it to other matters. Yes we were wrong for speeding (thats why a citation was given). The way the citation was given out was however unfair, so we help one another out. Anything you have to say Ed, is irrelevant. I wasnt bitching about anything, just stating the facts.
What facts your lame SPEED CUSHION or AMATUER OFFICER crap? Yeah you convinced us wiseguy maybe we should all use that in a court and see how far we get. First you admit WRONG then you are DISGRUNTLED which one is it? You are clearly making no sense at all. How was the citations given unfair? Both of you broke the law. How is breaking the law and given a citation unfair? Please elaborate on that so we can all learn something today. You say the ticket was written for more speed than you were traveling. When was the last time you had your speedometer properly calibrated. Are you aware that swapping wheels does in fact throw off the speedometer? Maybe the AMATUER is in fact you either way you are STILL WRONG..........YOU LOSE

Last edited by Ed 718; 05-09-2010 at 05:05 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:18 PM
tsGeekzStylez

What facts your lame SPEED CUSHION or AMATUER OFFICER crap? Yeah you convinced us wiseguy maybe we should all use that in a court and see how far we get. First you admit WRONG then you are DISGRUNTLED which one is it? You are clearly making no sense at all. How was the citations given unfair? Both of you broke the law. How is breaking the law and given a citation unfair? Please elaborate on that so we can all learn something today. You say the ticket was written for more speed than you were traveling. When was the last time you had your speedometer properly calibrated. Are you aware that swapping wheels does in fact throw off the speedometer? Maybe the AMATUER is in fact you either way you are STILL WRONG..........YOU LOSE
You have obviously not even read the first post on this thread. The OP stated that he received a ticket for going 74mph when he was actually going 70mph. I received a ticket for going 75mph when the officers tailed me when i was going 70mph at the time. Yes technically we were still speeding, BUT we were given tickets at higher speeds. There is a laser on Francisquito Blvd in West Covina, everytime i pass it it broadcasts my speed and it is very accurate. lol No **** I'm not going to use the cushion defense or say that the cops were amateurs .... i never said that i was or have used. I said my FRIEND was PULLED OVER by an amateur cop. NEVER did i say he used it in court, why would anyone dare disrespect a government worker in hopes of getting a case dismissed. And for the 5th time, I NEVER said u can use the cushion rule in court, actually I said not to like 3 times. I WIN
Old 05-09-2010, 05:26 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

You have obviously not even read the first post on this thread. The OP stated that he received a ticket for going 74mph when he was actually going 70mph. I received a ticket for going 75mph when the officers tailed me when i was going 70mph at the time. Yes technically we were still speeding, BUT we were given tickets at higher speeds. There is a laser on Francisquito Blvd in West Covina, everytime i pass it it broadcasts my speed and it is very accurate. lol No **** I'm not going to use the cushion defense or say that the cops were amateurs .... i never said that i was or have used. I said my FRIEND was PULLED OVER by an amateur cop. NEVER did i say he used it in court, why would anyone dare disrespect a government worker in hopes of getting a case dismissed. And for the 5th time, I NEVER said u can use the cushion rule in court, actually I said not to like 3 times. I WIN
You are PHAIL it's real simple you break the law you are in voilation no excuses NONE NADA.........Try again
Old 05-09-2010, 05:36 PM
tsGeekzStylez

You are PHAIL it's real simple you break the law you are in voilation no excuses NONE NADA.........Try again
uh no ****, if u get a violation u get a violation. even if u didnt break the law and got a citation u still get one lol... we'll just see what happens... if i lose the case or not.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

uh no ****, if u get a violation u get a violation. even if u didnt break the law and got a citation u still get one lol... we'll just see what happens... if i lose the case or not.
With your attitude I hope you lose maybe that way you learn to respect the law and those sworn to enforce them.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:21 PM
tsGeekzStylez

With your attitude I hope you lose maybe that way you learn to respect the law and those sworn to enforce them.
lol thanks, Ive lost once.. since then ive won 3.. has helped me learned how to properly contest a ticket. I respect those who enforce the law properly. Not those who are crooked and those who lack proper judgment.

Like that one cop who stopped the NFL player right in front of the hospital cause he was rushing to see his dying mother's last minutes. He repeatedly told the officer that his mother was dying but he didn't let him go.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4017382 yes it is evident that cops can be stupid..

WIN.. not fail

Last edited by tsGeekzStylez; 05-09-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:06 PM
dvo

lol thanks, Ive lost once.. since then ive won 3.. has helped me learned how to properly contest a ticket. I respect those who enforce the law properly. Not those who are crooked and those who lack proper judgment.

Like that one cop who stopped the NFL player right in front of the hospital cause he was rushing to see his dying mother's last minutes. He repeatedly told the officer that his mother was dying but he didn't let him go.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4017382 yes it is evident that cops can be stupid..

WIN.. not fail
Holy $hit man, 4 tickets? maybe you should just stop speeding
Old 05-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Originally Posted by dvo
I guess he suffers from stupidity also.......
Old 05-09-2010, 08:40 PM
tsGeekzStylez

Originally Posted by dvo
hard not to, its not like ive gotten 4 tickets in a year.. probably a total of 6 years.. mostly from going to school..

I guess he suffers from stupidity also.......
lol what, and you suffer from retardation? u get your jokes from jokes.com or what? lame
Old 05-09-2010, 09:15 PM
zero_shift

It has been very interesting to see you guys state your own opinion and i repect people's opinion (well most of the time) but i got to say the bottom line that the law is the law, there is no such thing as a speed cushion, you shoud go to the DMV and buy yourself one of these "California Driver Handbook" or look it up online for free. If you feel you have been cited erroneously fight the law with the law.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:29 PM
dvo

I think those driver handbooks are free
Old 05-09-2010, 11:24 PM
tsGeekzStylez

Originally Posted by zero_shift
It has been very interesting to see you guys state your own opinion and i repect people's opinion (well most of the time) but i got to say the bottom line that the law is the law, there is no such thing as a speed cushion, you shoud go to the DMV and buy yourself one of these "California Driver Handbook" or look it up online for free. If you feel you have been cited erroneously fight the law with the law.
Yup, and I am fighting it. Never said I did not deserve the citation, for all I said was that the officer could of apprehended the car next to me that was traveling 10mph higher. I know you can't fight the law with the 'speed cushion' as a defense (as I stated many times), but there is such thing as a 'speeding cushion' as i cited my resources earlier. USATODAY.com seems like a reputable source imo. I'm just stating that most cops acknowledge this 'speeding cushion' as a leeway, though it appears that it has started to diminish.

Here it is again for those who did not catch my link and want to speak up against it. Notice the last date of when it was updated.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:44 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

lol what, and you suffer from retardation? u get your jokes from jokes.com or what? lame
This coming from you, Please kid don't get me started on someones retardation. You are obviously not the smartest tool in the shed...LOL

I know you can't fight the law with the 'speed cushion' as a defense (as I stated many times), but there is such thing as a 'speeding cushion' as i cited my resources earlier. USATODAY.com seems like a reputable source imo. I'm just stating that most cops acknowledge this 'speeding cushion' as a leeway, though it appears that it has started to diminish.
Since when does USA TODAY write the CA vehicle codes or speed laws STOOPID stop trying to refer to some made up speed cushion as your defense MORON. If you relize you CAN NOT fight your silly speed cushion theory with it why refer to it. I can only see you trying to bring **** like this to a court room and get laughed at........( This f-in kid is he serious people LOL )

Quick Reply: Got speed ticket on I-10 for doing 70MPH~!@#$%^