Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Got speed ticket on I-10 for doing 70MPH~!@#$%^

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 10:08 AM
palmboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 350ZGrrrl
Fight it by written declaration, saying you checked your speedometer and describe a car that passed you on the right
In fact, I was driving in the middle lane, some BMW did passed me from left. Which way is better to contest this ticket, written declaration or appear to the court?
Old 05-03-2010, 10:11 AM
palmboy

I will def contest this ticket. If they want to rob money from us, it won't be that easy.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:14 PM
tsGeekzStylez

Originally Posted by dvo
so you're admitting that that you wer speeding and you're complaining?
lol u actually consider 75 mph speeding in the middle of the night? **** i think going 65-70 can be hazardous at night sometimes... anyways i requested a trial by declaration.. i think cops have more worst traffic offenders to give tickets to, rather than someone driving 70-75mph at 12oclock at night..
Old 05-03-2010, 01:18 PM
verdict.
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 648 Likes on 491 Posts

CA keeps getting worse and worse...

I'm glad I got out of there after 18 years.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:46 PM
350ZGrrrl

Originally Posted by palmboy
In fact, I was driving in the middle lane, some BMW did passed me from left. Which way is better to contest this ticket, written declaration or appear to the court?
From friends that are cops its better for written declaration b/c cops get overtime to show up in court but do not to respond to written declaration. If the cop doesnt respond then you get your ticket dismissed. Many cops wont take the time to write a response so you win! Plus if you dont like the decision through written declaration you can still go to court! So win win.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:51 PM
palmboy

Originally Posted by 350ZGrrrl
From friends that are cops its better for written declaration b/c cops get overtime to show up in court but do not to respond to written declaration. If the cop doesnt respond then you get your ticket dismissed. Many cops wont take the time to write a response so you win! Plus if you dont like the decision through written declaration you can still go to court! So win win.
Any reference about how to write that declaration?
Old 05-04-2010, 05:17 AM
nissansource

You are welcome to fight it but at that point it will cost you more to fight in time then just to pay it. Last week I got a 90mph ticket on the 60 while doing a spirited drive with my buds Supercharged NSX. Needless to say I gladly accepted the ticket at 90 =)
Old 05-04-2010, 08:32 PM
350ZGrrrl

Any reference about how to write that declaration?
It should say on the back of the ticket, I'll ask tho.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:06 PM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Really, there is no point in disputing the ticket. Once you told the officer that you were going 70, you admitted guilt to speeding. If you dispute it, your own statement that you were speeding will be used against you. You might get lucky and not have the cop respond or not have him show up in court. Also, a police officer does not have to measure your speed. He can estimate it or pace you or measure it. Your ticket should state the method of measurement. It may say estimated or visual estimate or something like that.

BTW, speeding is speeding. It sucks, but when you get tickets for speeding and you were speeding, you don't need to complain about it. Just realize that occassionally you'll get unlucky and get a ticket for doing what we all do most of the time, which is go with the flow of traffic.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

f.t.p. a redlight camera in cerritos got recalibrated and it goes off 3-5 times everytime I get gas at the intersection. fight all tickets. I take down one 'no parking' sign' everytime I get a no parking ticket.

Last edited by Cannysage; 05-04-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:09 PM
Rommy

Trial by Declaration HOW TO: http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...&topic=10663.0
Old 05-05-2010, 09:33 AM
palmboy

Originally Posted by Rommy
Amazing. Appreciate ur help.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:38 PM
M6SXTZ
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

link saved and bookmarked!
Old 05-05-2010, 02:19 PM
tsGeekzStylez

lol first goto lasuperiorcourt.org and postpone your ticket (if you'd like) then anyday before the due date, bring money to the courthouse of which it tells u to go to. goto the traffic affairs line, and when its your turn just ask for a trial by declaration. write up your statement (ask many, many questions for the cop to contest to) and turn it in. If you so happen to have a d1ckhead cop that'll actually write up against your ticket (biker cops would) then u can also take your case to the courthouse even after you lost with the TBD... goodluck
Old 05-05-2010, 09:13 PM
dvo

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tsGeekzStylez
lol u actually consider 75 mph speeding in the middle of the night? **** i think going 65-70 can be hazardous at night sometimes... anyways i requested a trial by declaration.. i think cops have more worst traffic offenders to give tickets to, rather than someone driving 70-75mph at 12oclock at night..
I will def contest this ticket. If they want to rob money from us, it won't be that easy.

I'm just sick of all these tards complaining about a speeding ticket when they know they're breaking the law. It's not like it's just a recommended speed. It's a posted speed limit for a reason. Now if you decide to go over that then that's fine but don't b!tch about it if you get a ticket. Think about it this way, if you're going in for a driving test, would you go over the speed limit then? or what about if you saw the cop behind you? would you keep going 5-10mpg over the limit or slow down?

As for the time of day, that's even less reason for you to be speeding if it's late at night because at that point, you're not disrupting the flow of traffic since there aren't that many cars on the lot. I'm not saying whether you getting the ticket was right or wrong, I'm just saying that you knew that you were speeding so don't f'ing complain when yo get a ticket for surprise.... a speeding ticket.

Last edited by dvo; 05-05-2010 at 09:15 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:32 AM
kajuraelai

yes because everyone goes 65 at all times....
Old 05-06-2010, 09:53 AM
dvo

I'm not saying everyone does. I go over the speed limit. I've received speed tickets. But the fact that I knew I was speeding, I knew I was wrong and didn't cry about it. Man up and deal with it guys.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:56 AM
dvo

Originally Posted by mrg1981
Really, there is no point in disputing the ticket. Once you told the officer that you were going 70, you admitted guilt to speeding. If you dispute it, your own statement that you were speeding will be used against you. You might get lucky and not have the cop respond or not have him show up in court. Also, a police officer does not have to measure your speed. He can estimate it or pace you or measure it. Your ticket should state the method of measurement. It may say estimated or visual estimate or something like that.

BTW, speeding is speeding. It sucks, but when you get tickets for speeding and you were speeding, you don't need to complain about it. Just realize that occassionally you'll get unlucky and get a ticket for doing what we all do most of the time, which is go with the flow of traffic.
thank you
Old 05-06-2010, 10:05 AM
darknecromancer

Why not dispute the ticket? Follow the method outlined in the link that was provided to the evo forums and it'll cost u nothing but your time (if your case is dismissed), if it isn't then you aren't any worse off.... Why should he not fight it even if he was speeding? fight it till the court rules against you, then just live learn and move on. dont ever give handouts....
Old 05-06-2010, 10:46 AM
palmboy

I am curious if there is a law require the drivers to stick the flow of the traffic. One of my friend got ticket in SD while drove 60 mph as the traffic is 80 mph. I've receive speeding tickets before, but none of them is worse than this. I saw bias because there was car in front of me and behind me, the cop cut the lanes and pull me over. If I deserve it since I drive Japanese sport car, this could happen to everyone in this forum.

Quick Reply: Got speed ticket on I-10 for doing 70MPH~!@#$%^