Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Got speed ticket on I-10 for doing 70MPH~!@#$%^

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 10:04 PM
dvo

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tsGeekzStylez
hahaha all talk azz nicca gtfo.. dont you got something better to do since you think imma 'kid'.. how old are you? 35?
The English language owns you
Old 05-15-2010, 11:11 AM
tsGeekzStylez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol SPECIAL ED, YOURE ALL TALK.. u aint gonna do jack ****... so dont even attempt to say ur gonna try and **** with me cause u wont stupid e-thug walk the walk instead of saying all this weak a$$ **** for no reason rofl.. so you are 35 huh? get a life
Old 05-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol SPECIAL ED, YOURE ALL TALK.. u aint gonna do jack ****... so dont even attempt to say ur gonna try and **** with me cause u wont stupid e-thug walk the walk instead of saying all this weak a$$ **** for no reason rofl.. so you are 35 huh? get a life
Look KID why would I even waste my time with a wet behind the ears kid like you anyways and even if I wanted to do something to you it would not even be hard to find you. I don't get all butt hurt over the internet who gives a rats a$s what is posted on a forum. Where did I say I was gonna go after you f@ck tard and if I did you would not be the one standing trust me on this.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:22 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

They can pace you to get your speed.

also, it doesn't matter if someone next to you is doing 140mph and you're doing 10mph over the speed limit....you are STILL breaking the law. That's like saying "i only killed 1 person but that guy killed 2 so i should go free". not gonna happen.

"keeping with the flow of traffic" is an old wifes tail and means nothing. That big sign on the side of the road is the law, not how fast everyone else is driving.

and i'm not sure how your individual state works, but there is no law saying they have to show you the radar/laser/whatever. You have no right to that information based on law. If an officer allows you to see it that's his personal choice.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:49 PM
tsGeekzStylez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed 718
Look KID why would I even waste my time with a wet behind the ears kid like you anyways and even if I wanted to do something to you it would not even be hard to find you. I don't get all butt hurt over the internet who gives a rats a$s what is posted on a forum. Where did I say I was gonna go after you f@ck tard and if I did you would not be the one standing trust me on this.
oh wow some harsh threats from special ed, looks like youre the one thats butt hurt please oh please dont find me in SGV (San Gabriel Valley)... i'm really afraid xD

Originally Posted by binder
They can pace you to get your speed.

also, it doesn't matter if someone next to you is doing 140mph and you're doing 10mph over the speed limit....you are STILL breaking the law. That's like saying "i only killed 1 person but that guy killed 2 so i should go free". not gonna happen.

"keeping with the flow of traffic" is an old wifes tail and means nothing. That big sign on the side of the road is the law, not how fast everyone else is driving.

and i'm not sure how your individual state works, but there is no law saying they have to show you the radar/laser/whatever. You have no right to that information based on law. If an officer allows you to see it that's his personal choice.
hm your statement is right, a cop can give ticket on anything as long as it is breaking the law. however, as long as you can prove that the speed you were going did not endanger anyone and at the same time question when the last time the speed limit has been serviced, then theres a big chance of winning.

i dont quite know if u can really compare a felony with a traffic violation though lol its like saying half of the people on the road are murderers... if thats the case there should be cameras to automatically cite everyone on the freeway for speeding 1mph over, right?

if the officer states that he used radar/laser, then it would be a lot harder proving the legitimacy of his citation. although if he did use a radar or laser, you are able to ask for verification, for the officer must provide proof there and then. If it states that he cited you for radar and laser, and you ask to see but he 'already erased' it, then you can use that valuable information in court and easily win the case. If he didnt use a radar/laser then he must have clocked you or paced your speed. getting clocked or paced is a bit easier to fight in court because it isnt as accurate as a radar or laser.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:05 PM
binder

hm your statement is right, a cop can give ticket on anything as long as it is breaking the law. however, as long as you can prove that the speed you were going did not endanger anyone and at the same time question when the last time the speed limit has been serviced, then theres a big chance of winning.
It doesn't matter if 75 isn't any further dangerous than 70mph. If the speed limit is 70mph and you show up in court and try to argue that 5mph over the limiti isn't unsafe then you will lose.

i dont quite know if u can really compare a felony with a traffic violation though lol its like saying half of the people on the road are murderers... if thats the case there should be cameras to automatically cite everyone on the freeway for speeding 1mph over, right?
wow, you read way too much into things. It was an analogy. It has nothing to do with the severity of the crime. Since you want to be a smartass and take it literal how about this: You steal 1 pack of gum and someone else steals 2 packs of gum. The cop catches you and you try to argue that it's ok because the other guy next to you stole 2 packs of gum. Won't work. You were stealing no matter how much or little you stole. Just because the other person didn't get caught doesn't mean you aren't guilty or he isn't guilty either. Just means you were caught and he was lucky at that time.

if the officer states that he used radar/laser, then it would be a lot harder proving the legitimacy of his citation. although if he did use a radar or laser, you are able to ask for verification, for the officer must provide proof there and then. If it states that he cited you for radar and laser, and you ask to see but he 'already erased' it, then you can use that valuable information in court and easily win the case. If he didnt use a radar/laser then he must have clocked you or paced your speed. getting clocked or paced is a bit easier to fight in court because it isnt as accurate as a radar or laser.
There is no way of recording that radar information for later proof in the courtroom. It stays on the radar, yes, then is erased once he is done writing the ticket. When an officer shows up to court he doesn't have a printout of what he had on the radar. There would be no way to prove it was yours if he did. It's basically his word against yours in court and the judge rules based on what is presented. I'll tell you right now that a judge doesn't need him to have a cameraphone picture or whatever he could use to show the speed in order to rule in his favor. He's an officer and already has 1 up on you.

How many tickets have you fought in court? Pacing is a completely legal way for them to issue a ticket and will hold up in court just fine. If the judge doubts the exact speed at which you were paced he/she will rule is as "exceding the limit" which will be the same as getting a ticket of 1mph over the limit. Chances are it might knock down the amount of the fine but he/she won't throw it out.

Also, never count on an officer to not show up to court. When they assign court dates they choose a day when they have time in their schedule. They write it down on their schedule. They are also paid overtime to sit there and wait to speak in front of the judge. All the officers i know LOVE court days since it's easy money.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

oh wow some harsh threats from special ed, looks like youre the one thats butt hurt please oh please dont find me in SGV (San Gabriel Valley)... i'm really afraid xD
Threats haha LOL I don't threaten anyone if I'm gonna say something to someone I say it in PERSON. If you have something besides the topic at hand then man up SAY IT IN PERSON otherwise STFU. You don't scare me kid and your offtopic posts does not hide the fact that you are STILL a dumbass for speeding and guilty of it regardless of what you say. Let me remind you stay on topic or if not if you have something else to say then we can make arrangements to meet and see how far you get.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:24 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Originally Posted by binder
It doesn't matter if 75 isn't any further dangerous than 70mph. If the speed limit is 70mph and you show up in court and try to argue that 5mph over the limiti isn't unsafe then you will lose.
But he's is innocent because other cars were going faster LOL his stupidity does not allow him to understand he STILL broke the law clear and simple.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:25 PM
binder

Originally Posted by Ed 718
But he's is innocent because other cars were going faster LOL his stupidity does not allow him to understand he STILL broke the law clear and simple.
yep, i love when people dont understand that.

Stand in front of a judge and say "well 1mph over the limit isn't bad" and see how far that goes.

Judges are to rule based on legal or not legal. 71 in a 70mph zone is a broken law. No 2 ways about it.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:39 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Why are you guys arguing so intensely over trivial matters that don't concern most of you guys directly (or even indirectly)?

There shouldn't be any threats, name calling, etc at all. Thread is now closed.

Keep in mind that this post serves as a "warning" to ALL who posted in this thread. And let me remind all of you that rehashing is against our rules, as are name calling and threats.

Let's try and be a bit more respectful to one another, as if we were having a conversation face to face (and not hiding behind computers).