Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Clear bra installed

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003, 06:43 PM
zman23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear bra installed

Well I took my Z today to get a clear bra put on the front bumper and my veilside lip. Envisage Design Labs in Torrence did an excellent job!!
If anyone is still looking to get a clear bra put on there Z, I highly recommend these guys. Talk to Daniel and tell him Jon sent you. He has done over 100 Z's so far. You can check there website out at www.transparentbra.com
Also a big thanks to MrTwisted for the referral!
Old 12-13-2003, 07:16 PM
iLLestJrz

How long was the install? I've heard these guys several times, and they sound good to me.
Old 12-13-2003, 07:46 PM
zman23

Default Time

It only took about 3.5 hrs to do bumper and lip. The lip is custom done, so thats what took longer to do.
Old 12-13-2003, 08:42 PM
12yearZ

How much did it cost?
Old 12-13-2003, 09:07 PM
EL Diablo

I had mine done there last week. Had the front bumper and headlight kit. installed. Took about 2 hours and change.
They were installing a clear bra on a 04G35 and a 04EVo too.
Daniel did a great job and I highly recommend getting your clear bra from these guys.

Hey Zman23 last SoCal run gave you some chips? I got
maybe 10 small nicks here and there after that run. 2 or 3 more runs like that and my bumper would be full of chips. Had to get the bra on ASAP. You were behind me most of the run. That was a blast, Now were both good for this months Run! You going ?
Attached Thumbnails Clear bra installed-redz.jpg  
Old 12-14-2003, 12:18 AM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had mine done there less than a week after I got my car. Quality work. They were very accomodating, even let me watch the install. I got my front bumper, headlights and a small portion of my hood done (not the standard hood kit). I got the extra thick headlight kit. I definitely have peace of mind driving on the freeway these days.
Old 12-14-2003, 02:54 AM
Mr Twisted

Zman23
Now I can sleep at nites, your baby is now protected. Are we going to see you at Autobac on the 12/29th. Big Meet, By theway, You won't know my car now. I keep telling the wife just a little more!!!!! ya,ya

Daniel and Edrick are the best........

Last edited by Mr Twisted; 12-14-2003 at 03:31 AM.
Old 12-14-2003, 08:12 AM
zman23

Originally posted by 12yearZ
How much did it cost?
They have a quote on there website where u can email them what car you have that you want the bra on and then they send you a lot of choices from bumpers, headlights, side mirrors, splash guards and so on.

B]El Diablo[/B] -I seemed to be lucky on that canyon run, I only had one chip which was on my veilside lip but was very small. I will try and make that run, the Z has the oil change on that Sat early so if we set up a 10am run I should be able to make it.

Mr Twisted -I feel better that I have protection, all these runs we do can really rip up your paint. I will definitely be making the Autobac meet, so will see what changes you have made again to the Mrs. Z.
Old 12-14-2003, 01:33 PM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm seriously considering clear bra now... I got tons of rock chips and other crap on my front bumper. How long do these clear bras last till it start fading? (That's assuming they fade.)
Old 12-14-2003, 02:34 PM
zman23

Default Life of your Z

Originally posted by SLVR Z
I'm seriously considering clear bra now... I got tons of rock chips and other crap on my front bumper. How long do these clear bras last till it start fading? (That's assuming they fade.)
Daniel, the fella that did my Z, said that it lasts the lifetime of your Z. He also said to wax it along with the rest of your car like the bra isn't there kinda thing. He also told me that the more chips you have before install of bra the longer it takes for the water that is stuck in those chips to evaporate. When he squeegies the water out the chipped areas create a bubble affect until the water is evaporated. He just told me to leave the Z in the sun so the heat will wipe out the water bubbles. On mine, I only have 2 areas that have a bubble(chip area) in it so its not too bad.