Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

06 350z bad rings help need to find a shop in so-cal

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 12:13 PM
HighCrimes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 350z bad rings help need to find a shop in so-cal

i got a 2006 350z, i know my rings are bad, burning oil extremly fast and always having to put in oil every other day, starting to be a pain in the *** and all the blue smoking out the pipes making a nice car look like a scrapper, i have over 112k miles and im trying to figure out if i should just replace rings n replace rods n pistons with OEM or for longer and strength go forged pistons/rods. i drive the car very aggresive so im trying to come up with the best solution on what i should do and, if anyone knows any good shops in
So-California. inbetween San Diego and Orange county.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Ruined Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A very good shop near you would be Corner 3 Garage in Lake Forest.

They know the Z very well as well as other Nissans. Their site is in a transition phase, so it doesn't have all the updated info, but their phone number is correct. They have installed almost everything on the VQ motor and know it inside and out.

www.corner3garage.com

Talk to Nima and he can help you out.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Bryan@KTM

Honestly replace the rims with non OEM. Otherwise the problem will just come back.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:08 AM
justin4

I second Corner 3, they will help you out.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:21 AM
HighCrimes

Replace the Rims?? lol what..., btw i have HKS High Power duals, Berk Test Pipes, Borla Headers, and Cold Air. i dont think little bolt ons like this did anything to make this happen lol.

Last edited by HighCrimes; 01-10-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:28 PM
PeterFromSDiego

Burning oil? Very common problem with rev ups. Mine was an 06 and had to get my engine replaced....and yes my rings were also bad.

Are you sure it's only the rings and replacing ONLY the rings will fix it. My view on this is that with the engine with over 100,XXX+ miles, now would be the time to carefully look into the problem and nip them now before other problems occur.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:38 PM
justin4

I have an 03 with 140,000+ on it, and that **** was burning oil A LOT. I eventually got it replaced with a used motor, I talked to Nima at Corner 3 mutliple times. They had a problem finding a used one for me and opted to go with japanese engine racing in Westminster who found one rather quickly. I like both shops.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:58 PM
HighCrimes

ok, so i talked to corner3 garage, they also pointed out that there was a faulty design in the 2006 350z engines, that was very bad. they also said wear and tear is not the problem with it, and that i should contact the nissan corp, and get them to send me a new engine and so i talked to them and now im waitting for the phone call back from them to tell me what to do, mossy nissan told me to contact them and get them to send a new engine to them and they will do the swap for me. i really dont trust these damn dealerships because there all about making $$ on people and if there was a "faulty design" they would never speak up about it, corner 3 garage told me to look up the 2006 350z biggest problem they had was what is going on with mine. also no shop wants to touch a 350z for some damn reason besides the 1-2 of them, but mostly they all are telling me to put a new or used engine swap, or.... cut my loses and get rid of my Z, wich is not ****ing happening.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:01 PM
HighCrimes

also this problem didnt start until after MOSSY NISSAN replaced one of my valve covers because it had a "leak" into the spark plug that the seal wasnt holding the oil back, and they also replaced my plugs. now im constantly putting 4qt's of oil in my car through out the week.. and i have to drive it with low oil or it just smokes the **** out of the hole damn road. u know how hard it is to not get pulled over with a modified exhaust that BLUE TINTED SMOKE is shooting out of it like a damn fire hose, smoking out everywhere! seriously getting sick of this.