Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Anyone recommend a shop that installs exhaust that require evap relocation

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 11:12 PM
JustKid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone recommend a shop that installs exhaust that require evap relocation

exhaust installed and evap relocated. mods can close or leave for future users who are looking for the same thing i was.

this exhaust is pretty rare since it was discontinued back in the day so im not sure if a lot of people are looking for a review haha. im into the deep clean sounding exhaust that would be on a euro rather than high pitch ones so to me this is one of the best exhausts if you want that sound.

will do a detailed review and video if enough people want me to. pm me or let me know on this thread.

Last edited by JustKid; 11-10-2012 at 03:04 PM. Reason: no longer need to find a shop. already put the exhaust on
Old 10-24-2012, 09:18 AM
350z006

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I had to have my evap moved as well because of my Amuse exhaust, and I had John Kuo from Performance Nissan in Duarte do the job (make sure you ask for John Kuo specifically as none of the other service managers are familair with aftermarket stuff)...but I can't guarantee it will be cheap because it is a dealership...
Old 10-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Mattysals

Bump
Old 10-24-2012, 12:59 PM
415mm
Professional

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Precision z
Old 10-24-2012, 12:59 PM
JustKid

Originally Posted by 350z006
I had to have my evap moved as well because of my Amuse exhaust, and I had John Kuo from Performance Nissan in Duarte do the job (make sure you ask for John Kuo specifically as none of the other service managers are familair with aftermarket stuff)...but I can't guarantee it will be cheap because it is a dealership...
Thanks for the reply and info, did you have him do the whole exhaust or just the evap relocation?
Old 10-24-2012, 01:17 PM
415mm
Professional

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Just to clarify. Precision z installed my greddy evo-tt where I had to have my evap canister moved. A year later when I switched to a different exhaust they moved everything back even sourcing the shield I lost in the meantime to do everything correctly.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:06 PM
JustKid

Originally Posted by 415mm
Just to clarify. Precision z installed my greddy evo-tt where I had to have my evap canister moved. A year later when I switched to a different exhaust they moved everything back even sourcing the shield I lost in the meantime to do everything correctly.
Pm'd you about price for the install. Wasn't sure if we are allowed to talk prices in thread
Old 10-24-2012, 02:11 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

If you're in the OC just give Corner 3 a call, they are in Lake Forest

Corner3 Garage
(949) 380-0801
20602 Pascal Way‎
Lake Forest, 92630

This is not a complicated procedure, you just need something to attach to the stock heat shield bolts and on the other side to the EVAP
Old 10-24-2012, 02:35 PM
JustKid

thanks waizzz ill give em a call for an estimate.

ya the procedure seems fairly straight forward which is why I'm looking to get a fairly cheap price for the install because i believe we could do it on our own but the last time we tried we just didnt have the right tools to get the remaining bolts off the evap in the stock location =/. it was a pain in the a$$, we took off both exhausts and his evap canister that was already relocated, than we tried to do mine but we couldnt get to the last bolts.

seriously though thanks for the recommendations so far, ill give them all a call and see what the best price i can get is. I thought this was going to be a dead thread with no one contributing haha
Old 10-24-2012, 03:14 PM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

Yeah it was a pita for sure when my friend and i did the install. Its best if you have a lift, floor jacks don't cut it.

Hope it doesn't.cost you much.

I'm one of the few members running this exhaust... awesome btw in terms of look and sound.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:09 AM
350z006

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Both the exhaust and the evap...but like I said I can't say it'll be cheap because its a dealership...

Originally Posted by JustKid
Thanks for the reply and info, did you have him do the whole exhaust or just the evap relocation?
Old 10-26-2012, 02:34 PM
JustKid

Originally Posted by 350z006
Both the exhaust and the evap...but like I said I can't say it'll be cheap because its a dealership...
Thats the thing with Dealership though, I have Test Pipes so I'm pretty sure they won't touch my car. I'm trying to take them off and put my stock cats back on. I found a exhaust shop in Westminster they quoted me $80 for each car and possibly more to take off my tps so I might go to them.

I just called Corner 3, lol $225 each car. I know they are a good shop but it's only a bolt on job lol plus with the right tools the evap relocation is not hard at all. All good I think i'm going to take the quote above.

Last edited by JustKid; 10-26-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:35 PM
muffles

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I reckon I know a shop....haha.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:15 PM
JustKid

Originally Posted by muffles
I reckon I know a shop....haha.
haha good ol heritage park. once again thanks for taking the time to help us with the install. i think in total it was close to 7 hours haha but well worth it. im liking the new greddy evoTT the sound, performance on top end, and look...only bad thing is in the cabin. super loud drone to the point its vibrating the plastic interior at times . i think its louder in the cabin than it is outside. ill be getting the berks off soon so hope that helps but i doubt its going to completely eliminate the cabin noise. its so unbelievably loud inside the car lol idk what im going to do
Old 11-10-2012, 03:46 AM
muffles

Haha no problem. Who knows it might just be the test pipes - my exhaust shouldn't be too different to yours, but is a ton quieter with the standard cats...it's not loud inside at all either.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:53 PM
JustKid

Haha no problem. Who knows it might just be the test pipes - my exhaust shouldn't be too different to yours, but is a ton quieter with the standard cats...it's not loud inside at all either.
well test pipes make the car louder but not like this. i wouldnt be able to have a convo with another person in the car loud. bumping music with the subs doesnt eliminate it either loud lol. ill take my testpipes off soon and when i have time/money im going to put some resonators on it.
the loud drone probably has to do with the 70mm piping and no resonators. actually the greddy evo2 and tt should be alot different since yours isnt true dual either and the piping size. i dont think ive ever read about the evo2 droning here but have come across people saying their evoTT drones bad at 2-3k. those people are usually n/a like me. the turbo should quiet it. oh well im loving it so far haha sounds like im in a supercar's cabin LOL
Old 11-10-2012, 09:45 PM
muffles

Oh yeah I forgot the diameter change...although surprised diameter change would change the noise level (I'm no expert though). The true dual/not true dual bit I would have thought would come under the same logic...my guess is the resonators (or lack of) but either way you'll have to do the same thing...switch out the test pipes

It makes me consider getting a new centre section - the middle resonators are conveniently bolted in so would think it's easy to make replacement straight pipes.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:16 PM
JustKid

Oh yeah I forgot the diameter change...although surprised diameter change would change the noise level (I'm no expert though). The true dual/not true dual bit I would have thought would come under the same logic...my guess is the resonators (or lack of) but either way you'll have to do the same thing...switch out the test pipes

It makes me consider getting a new centre section - the middle resonators are conveniently bolted in so would think it's easy to make replacement straight pipes.
the larger the diameter of the piping the louder. well if you ever git rid of your resonators id gladly buy them off you haha id rather stick with ones that came off a greddy. also looking into an xpipe muffler from magnaflow but they dont make them with 2.75 inlet/outlets only 2.25 and 2.5 and i dont want to play with piping size cuz that creates rasp
Old 11-11-2012, 08:26 PM
muffles

Tbh whatever I do I'd be keeping the resonators...in case I sell on, etc. Easier to so with all the original parts! Maybe you can get it from GReddy if you really wanted it, probably easier to get some custom ones made though!
Old 11-12-2012, 09:53 AM
OkashiZ

Project Import.

Quick Reply: Anyone recommend a shop that installs exhaust that require evap relocation