Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

ANyone with tire feathering

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 04:51 PM
jvana350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANyone with tire feathering

Anyone know an independent alignment place in so cal.. Had feathering TSB done at 11k but now its back at 14k(!@#$). dont really trust dealer since prob came back. Anyone with the same prob PLEASE respond...
Old 01-20-2004, 06:33 PM
frenzee

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nearly every Z has this problem to a lesser or greater degree, although newer models are less likely to. There are tons of posts on it on the national board. Mine (Dec. 2002 build date) started around 3k miles, dealer replaced the fronts at 9k and it's back again at 12.5k. My alignment is dead on, at least according to the Nissan specs.

I spoke to NNA this morning and they said they are just coming up with a new TSB (not the rotate in place one) that is supposed to fix the or at least alleviate the problem. They're supposed ot call me back in the next day or two.
Old 01-20-2004, 06:44 PM
BullishZ

Frenzee, let me know when you find out. I am very curious.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:23 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Originally posted by BullishZ
Frenzee, let me know when you find out. I am very curious.
Yes..please post any response you might get..this is such an ongoing problem and there have been so many different answers and so called fixes that seem to vary from one dealer to another..it would be so nice to know that this problem is solved once and for all
Old 01-21-2004, 06:50 AM
EL Diablo

No Feathering on my 04. Dont have enough miles to say I am free and clear but my guess is I wont get it.
maybe heard of one or two 04 owners to claim they have feathering.

Tons and Tons of threads on this. use the search feature for all the details.
Old 01-22-2004, 05:12 PM
jvana350z

Did anyone get there alignement fixed and know for sure that its correct? If so did feathering come back? im just curious because i think a lot of dealers are NOT aligning the cars correctly thus leading to continued feathering probs...
Old 01-22-2004, 09:45 PM
frenzee

I spoke to NNA today. I'm going in next week for an alignment supervised by a Nissan tech. Stay tuned.
Old 01-22-2004, 10:15 PM
AmyCroft

Default Half a Alignment done

Originally posted by frenzee
I spoke to NNA today. I'm going in next week for an alignment supervised by a Nissan tech. Stay tuned.
Had tires replaced Last Monday via NNA .. But NGG has a alignment done at a shop that hand writes the before specs, and NGG said the alignment was to Last TSB - but no proof.

They do not use computerized alignment.

I guess I will take it to Anahiem Wheel Warehouse and have them record what the Front setting was.

I think a Front only alignment is a Half - *** Alignment.

I drove the car 3 blocks from the Dealer to home, and will have the Lawyer handle the protest from here.

I hope he ( the Lawyer) let's me drive it if I put on one of my two sets of spare 17" tires and record only the time on the replaced "New" set of 18" tires.

The steering wheel is now straight, as it was off since purchase.

Nissan North America is going to be notified in a Class Action Suit very soon. ( Two to Three months ) About NTSB and mis-presentation of product. ( Estopple )

As a stock holder of Nissan North America, the flag ship of Nissan products is an Embarassment to the company as a whole.

Cheers Amy -
Old 01-22-2004, 10:48 PM
AmyCroft

Default Estpopple = Lying to a buyer

Estopple = is lying to a buyer.

Nissan North America and it's dealers have made the mistake of Lying to the buyers of their Products.

Cheers Amy -
Old 01-23-2004, 12:42 AM
Z4KR

I had the TSB done last month but that's not going to fix the problem (obviously). To top it off they scratched my rims They finally got NNA to aprove replacinng the fronts with michelin pilot sports. Still waiting on the new tires to come in.
Old 01-23-2004, 06:42 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

This is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about...From one dealer to the next the so called fix varies...my dealer swapped front tires and did an allignment..I asked.."Will this fix the problem?"..dealer says 'NO'...so why are some dealers replacing tires with another brand..do they know something we don't? ...and if it is the tires, where is the recall?

An old friend called the other day and said she was looking at the 350Z. I told her to beware of tire feathering. Is this the kind of thing NNA wants current owners to tell perspective buyers

Come on NNA..I know you are out there...fix this problem

Last edited by AudioPat; 01-23-2004 at 06:46 PM.
Old 02-16-2004, 05:09 PM
frenzee

To answer your question Pat, after talking with NNA, I took it to the dealer about three weeks ago and I guess NNA has been feeding me sugar syrup. There was no new TSB. All they did was set the toe to the outermost margin but still within the spec range. They didn't give me new tires this time. It's impossible to tell if it made any difference as the tires are already feathered and yes it's still making the same roaring noise. Maybe a little less, but I can't tell for sure. It could be psychosomatic . I'm SOL.

Originally posted by AudioPat
Yes..please post any response you might get..this is such an ongoing problem and there have been so many different answers and so called fixes that seem to vary from one dealer to another..it would be so nice to know that this problem is solved once and for all