Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Can anyone recommend a Nissan dealer in LA?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 04:21 PM
thequill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone recommend a Nissan dealer in LA?

Hey,Everyone!

I'm looking to purchase a new 350z in either Performance or Touring package and I could use some help. I'd like to hear from 350z owners and their experiences with Los Angeles (and relatively close, maybe 50 miles out, LA area) Nissan dealers. Some of the questions I have:

How much were you able to negotiate off the dealer MSRP? Are they pretty fixed with pricing due to demand, or is there some room to move?

Which dealerships offer the best (both technically experienced and most helpful) service departments? Any experiences with bad service departments?

Lastly, was anyone able to acquire a Performance package direct from the factory with DVD navigation installed? I'd prefer the cloth seats in the Performance over the Touring leather; but I'd really like to have the navigation system. Any problems encountered with the navigation?

Thanks much! Peace!
Old 02-01-2004, 04:25 PM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I bought my way back when it first came out (10/02) so it was pretty fixed (i.e., MSRP for preorders). I bought mine from Torrance Nissan. Very friendly but not sure if their pricing is the best.

For best deals, buy yours from Performance Nissan at Duarte. Contact Jeff@performance or Jason@performance from this site. Jeff said he will give special pricing for the 350z.com members. Happy shopping!
Old 02-01-2004, 05:34 PM
Bertg

I ordered a 2004 6 speed Enthusiast from Torrance Nissan in Dec 03. Rick Wilson is the internet manager who helped. Gave me $1000 off MSRP without haggling. Very nice person. Performance Nissan is also a good place to to get a deal. Good Luck!
Old 02-01-2004, 05:39 PM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

I would reccomend Performance Nissan in Duarte. I buy my parts from them and my friend just purchase a chrome silver touring $1000.00 off MSRP. Talk to Jeff or Jayson from the parts Department and they will send you to Ken (Fleet sales). All three guys are great. No pressure sales tactics.
Old 02-01-2004, 09:56 PM
Mr Twisted

Will be recieving my 04 Super Black base on Mar10th from Ken. I got a great deal, purchased it on a special order in Nov 03. Keep tuned project 2 to start Soon..

If I told you the price I'd have to kill you.
Give Jeff a call if your serious.....
Old 02-11-2004, 09:51 AM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Definately, Jeff @ Performance Nissan. Honest and up front...and if you want your baby modded afterwards, that is THE place to be!
Old 02-11-2004, 01:50 PM
dchengmd

If you can score a VPP discount number from someone you know who works for Nissan, there are only two dealerships in LA that will honor it - Cerritos Nissan and Power Nissan in Irvine. I recommend the latter.

VPP can get you the Z for a little under $1000 below invoice.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:36 PM
Splurt

Performance nissan!
Old 02-19-2004, 05:53 PM
the O.Z.

I just got my last Z from Universal City Nissan. Absolutely the best car buying experience I have ever had. I strongly recommend my salesman. His name was Brian.
Old 02-19-2004, 07:42 PM
BoostTed

as long as u stay away from Douglas nissan!
Old 02-20-2004, 05:39 AM
EL Diablo

Performance Nissan of Duarte.
Best of the Best.

After you buy your Z Jeff and company will be happy to Mod it up for you

http://www.performancenissanparts.com/

EDIT--The Service is so good I travel almost 50 miles
to see them even though there is a Nissan Dealer less than 5 miles from me.

Last edited by EL Diablo; 02-20-2004 at 05:48 AM.
Old 02-20-2004, 05:55 AM
Mr Twisted

Do'nt we all.......I have 4 dealers closer.
Old 02-20-2004, 02:46 PM
cvt

i an shopping for a Z as well. i have a toyota celica and i love it and all but those Zs are amazing. i was thinking universal city nissan or just going to carsdirect.com....what do you guys think?
Old 02-24-2004, 05:07 PM
Mr_Q

Well per my new post today....I can no longer recommend Culver City Nissan.

They did give me a good price and they did take care of me fairly well (considering I have ugly credit) and put me in to exactly what I wanted.

However all that got s/h/i/t out the window.

They never paid of my trade-in and now my previous loan company is threatening to whack my credit if it is not paid-off!

Wish I knew about Performance Nissan sooner.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:12 PM
Maccamera

Empire Nissan in Ontario is where I bought my PPW Roadster. I went there only because they were the ONLY dealership in Southern and Central CA that had the clor and options that I wanted at the time. Universal Nissan in Los Angeles told me that a PPW with a Navy Top simply didn't exist because they had never seen one and they were the 'largest dealership on the west coast'. Idiots. Empire was relatively cordial to me when I bought the car, however, one month later I called them about getting Lo Jack installed and asked how much it was. They told me 'that depends on who is selling it to you'. They told me this several times and stated that different sales reps at their dealership would sell me it a different prices so it all just 'depends'. On how badly they want to screw you basically. Then I went to Miller Nissan in Van Nuys and found a home. They whipped up my Lo Jack no problem. Gave me good advice in the service department and through in a complimentary oil change. On the way out, I saw a guy with a DB Z and asked him how the service was. He said he has had nothing but wonderful experiences including when he had a tire feathering issue. Universal Nissan on the other hand said they couldn't screw on my license plate fram that I just bought there because it 'would require a work order, which means I'd have to charge you'. Whatever.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:00 PM
Phatmitzu

Got mine from Performance Nissan. A+ in my book.

Old 05-12-2004, 01:00 PM
peterhong

DO NOT goto Universal Nissan or Foothill Nissan. Those guys are horrible and their cars are all mixed/matched and come from Canada. For example, you can get a Track Model at Universal with Touring Rims and you can get a Performance with Track Rims, etc... Those 2 dealers do not deal with other dealerships and their service departments suck. I went to Gardena Nissan and bought my Touring from the Fleet/Internet Department for over $1000 off MSRP. However, I take my car to Performance Nissan in Duarte for parts and service.

Whatever you do, go directly to the Fleet/Internet Sales department and there will be no haggling involved. Also, Glendale Nissan parks their cars too close together and almost every Z I saw there had dings and scuffs on the doors. They offered to take money off for those imperfections, but who would want those on the car brand new??? All in all, IMO stay away from Universal Nissan and Foothill Nissan. Miller Nissan in Van Nuys is not that good either. Give the guys at Performance a call or goto Gardena Nissan. Gardena is pretty good because they are right next door to NNA and they are up to date on the TSB's, so you know your car will have all the TSB's applied before you purchase the car. (i.e. Bose Amp, New alignment specs, window grease TSB, etc...)
Old 05-12-2004, 04:43 PM
G2FAST

I went to Riverside Nissan (both) before I bought my G and boy do they really want to deal and sale. Theres a new dealer off of Box Springs, they have about 8 on the lot and they will do anything to get your business. I know, long drive but might be worth it.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:29 PM
AmyCroft

TheQuill:

Listen to Mr. T - The SB is his family's Second Z. His wife Nora's
Silver has Lambo Doors.

Call Jeff at Performance before your visit and go right to the Part's Department..

Cheers Amy -

Originally posted by Mr Twisted
Will be recieving my 04 Super Black base on Mar10th from Ken. I got a great deal, purchased it on a special order in Nov 03. Keep tuned project 2 to start Soon..

If I told you the price I'd have to kill you.
Give Jeff a call if your serious.....
Old 05-12-2004, 08:31 PM
Elitemotion

btw Universal Nissan owns Glendale Nissan

Quick Reply: Can anyone recommend a Nissan dealer in LA?