Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

SoCal 350Z Club Meet a HUGE Success!

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 04:08 PM
Wedge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up SoCal 350Z Club Meet a HUGE Success!

My wife and I just got home from the SoCal 350Z meet organized by Mr. and Mrs. Twisted. This meet was held at the Raahaugas Shooting Park and was hosted by "The Shooting Sports Alliance" (SSA), which is Mr. Twisted's Gun Club.

People began arriving around 9AM and the Z's were all parked and lined up in a special parking area. It was great to meet people in person who you have only known in the past from posts made on this site. It was also great to see their cars and the mods they have installed.

The day was fun from start to finish. The members of the SSA who volunteered their time to help teach gun safety and proper shooting techniques were all top notch. They were extremely knowledgable and patient with those of us who were beginners at the sport. My hat is off to them all.

We had a cook out with the burgers being supplied by Mr. and Mrs. Twisted and we also shared in the pot luck items brought by the SoCal 350Z Club members.

The 3 J's from Performance were there......Jeff, Jenny and Jason. Jeff didn't bring his Z but the Performance Nissan Parts truck was parked majestically atop a bluff (along with Mr. Twisted's show car) looking down on the festivities. That parts truck was hypnotic.........when the sun glinted off the windshield the only thought that would go through your head was......Must.......buy.........parts Must.....buy.....parts.....

Every type of handgun imaginable was available to us to try out, generously provided by Mr. Twisted and other members of his shooting club. Rifles were also available. There were some very impressive and unusual weapons there as well........if you were there, you know the ones I mean.

There were two main themes at the meet today.

1. Safety
2. FUN!!

Mr. Twisted was taking some pictures so I am sure he will post some soon.

Each and every person I met today, whether from the Z Club or the shooting club, was friendly and a real pleasure to talk to. A great group all around!

I could go on and about this, but I think you all get the general idea of what a fantastic and fun day it was.

Both my wife and I want to give a special thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Twisted and all the members of the SSA for organizing this meet and making it a genuine pleasure to attend.
Old 02-29-2004, 05:01 PM
n10zt

I want to thank Mr. & Mrs. Twisted and all those who helped out making this event safe and fun. Thanks to a couple of members for their help. One guy from LBC, I forget his name/handle, lend me a pair of ear plugs and even let me use his gun.

Yes, today's meet was a blast figuratively and literally. The only time I held a gun was back in 94 using my cousin's .45 caliber but I just aired out the bullets and could not hit a target a couple yards away. However, with the help of one of the articulate instructors I was able to clean up a rack. Now I'm all excited and fired up that I will have to juggle saving up for mods and towards buying a hand gun.
Old 02-29-2004, 05:33 PM
PharCyde

Default Ver ar zee photos!

Please make with the posting of da pix!
Old 02-29-2004, 05:34 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

How often do you get to fire an M-82 0.50 Caliber Sniper Rifle???

A-May-Zingo!!!!

thanks for setting everything up Ron- it was a blast!!
Old 02-29-2004, 05:54 PM
AmyCroft

Smile Late but we got there...

Mr & Mrs Twisted.

Thank you for a swell day in the country.
Nora was quick to reply the range is supported by them on the
First Sunday of the month.
Third Sunday of the month.
Fifth Sunday of the month.

So if you guy's missed today, there will be many other day's to shoot and watch the pro's do thier Speed Shooting Trails.

I had fun shooting 22 auto ( 1907 ), 9MM S&W and 38 Special.

There was a range officer with each shooter, and he helped us dial in the hand guns. Ear protection and Glasses were required.

Safety was observed at all lanes. Saw one fellow shooting Taduchi (TS) Scoped Silver Barreta have a malfunction, then turn the gun 90 left to look at the piece. But the range crew was right there to explain to look at the side of the weapon - the barrel is still held down range.

The rifle range was awsum with 223's and 7.56 MM being loud.
Then the truck with the big guy's back up and had very exotic looking 50MM. A table was set up and when the 50MM fires it packs quite a wallop. The shooter's say it is not bad when you are firing it, because you are in the concusion center..

I still have plenty of 22 Round Nose, 38 Special, 9MM and lots of 223 left over so I guess I'll be back to use it up..

I even met a lady who was from where I grew up, North Side Pittsburgh and even knew my cousins. Small world..

The best was Wld350Z and I came down the 91 to La Mirada with very fast moving traffic. Very lucky ...

Cheers Amy - a few pictures later.

Last edited by AmyCroft; 02-29-2004 at 05:57 PM.
Old 02-29-2004, 06:00 PM
SizongZ

Thanks for the great meet today. It was a lot of fun. I'm sure I'll be back at the range soon =).
Sorry I had to leave early, I still had rounds left over too, but I had to get home cause my dog snuck out of the house and no one knew where she was.
But all ends well. She is found with no harm.
Old 02-29-2004, 06:09 PM
AmyCroft

Smile Chebosto 350Z TT

Cheston "Chebosto" new Twin Turbo was outstanding. A very clean installation. Saw it going back to the Range, as we left on River Road - It sounded awsum... Very smooth..
Cheston said he will experiment with a larger MAF.. P.S. Jeff don't park your Titan 5.6 Liter unlocked.. J/K

Cheers Amy -
Old 02-29-2004, 06:28 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

That sounds like a cool meet. I'd have gone but I didn't find out about it until 7 AM this morning... which is right before I went to bed.

Can't wait to see the pics tho'!
Old 02-29-2004, 06:37 PM
J Ritt

I'm so bummed I couldn't make it. I went to the D1 yesterday as part business, part pleasure, so I needed today to do chores, run errands, etc...just not enough time in the week when you work 12+ hours/day and weekends.

Ah well, next time.
Old 02-29-2004, 09:15 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

I hope Leigh posts about the one and only exclusive ride in the TTz

where is that guy?

^_^

it was really fun. that Xd 9mm is bad-***!! thanks again ron for Setting up the fun-

i hope i got to meet everyone, but i had trouble remembering everyone's names because of the hearing protection in, i could barely unstand people talking next to me... but all in good fun.. when the next shooting meet? hehe
Old 02-29-2004, 09:23 PM
n10zt

Chebosto: I have the video clip of your TT if you want to see it.
6,507kb in size. Anybody want to host it?
Old 03-02-2004, 04:36 AM
Mr Twisted

Pictures are up on another thread
Old 03-02-2004, 06:51 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

n10zt

check your PM.

--cheston