Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

The "Official" SoCal 350Z Club Website

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 07:31 PM
iLLestJrz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by EL Diablo
Available
SoCalZriders.com
I like that one Clint.

But with a Z like Eric said. This Z Club is coming together slowly but surely. And in my Snoop Dogg voice, "Dis gon' be off da' hizzy fo' sheazy."
Old 03-31-2004, 07:33 PM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Originally posted by SHO-TIME
I concur and second your motion. As for the club name, I agree with everyone: we should have everyone participate in this process.

BTW, do we really need to put "So Cal" as part of the club name? Can we just do w/o it??? How about just.... "Z RiderZ" That way, if the club expands outside of So Cal, then we can have various chapters under the same club name, like "Z RiderZ-So Cal Chapter", "Z RiderZ-Nor Cal Chapter"... etc. Just give the name more potential rather than limit it. just my $0.02.

I'm putting in my Canadian .02 cents worth = .025 cent U.S....LOL

I like the Z RiderZ thing! And the chapter part is great. At the next meet, members just need to register under their chapter.

But I'll also go along with the concensus.......a vote would be a good democratic way of dealing with it, and letting everyone have a say.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:47 PM
Mr Twisted

Default Web site???

Hey guys lets not get on Chris's case

It was my request, since he already had an existing site needing some content & he's willing to let us have some space.

Talk runs very cheap with me, I'm a doer and I move very fast.

We put together successful programs very fast ,because there is little discussions, just action.

Months ago I asked for names and donations to operate with.

To date very few names have been submitted and only $51 dollors was donated by SW & TD The rest has been funded by Nora & I.

We've been using the So Cal 350Z Club for a while so we'll just continue to use that. As for using 350Z Freak unless someone will step up to the plate and register a domain name , spend countless unpaid hours adminstering and updating and getting content from members and smile about it . I'd thing we should start with that for now. Maybe not perfect but what is.

So for going outside are area. What for. Have you any Idea how want 350 Z are in So Cal. We already have a data base or over 150 guys & gals, I only know a fraction of them as well as I want to.

Both Chris and I want the site to be for us our MEMBERS, people we care about and those that care about us.

The guy in NY I might meet once for 10 mins but a guy like EL Diablo I've been on 3 runs,3 meet, eaten dinner with and party with. Thats what the club and website is to be all about. Getting to know that guy 50ft in front you and Mario 50ft behind me in a Canyon run

I don't even know if Chris has enough bandwidth to handle us but I do know he's a great caring, no nonsence kind of guy, a doer...........

I want So Cal 350 Z club moving , direction we all can fight about later.

It's only a name, kind of describes me and ez to remember.

So support is what we need , ideas, good ideas with elbow grease behind it, not suggestions.

Last edited by Mr Twisted; 03-31-2004 at 07:56 PM.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:08 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Before even half the world knew what the internet was, I used to have a website for my 300zx called Generation Z

Just thossing out some ideas. I like Z Riderz, but it sounds a little ... well... like a bunch of kids with mopeds. How about just keeping to an acronym like the other Z clubs, racing leagues, etc. (SCCA, POA, CSCC, SOLO, SVT Owners Association, etc.)

ZRCA - Z Riders Club of America
NZCA - Nissan Z Club of America
ZTA - Z Tuners Association

Western Association of Z United Partners..... WAZUP!!
Old 03-31-2004, 08:36 PM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: The difference

Originally posted by ChrisMCagle
The Website will be more of an "informational" site whereas the My350Z.com forum is a place to actually discuss things. The Website will not have any tye of chatroom or "realtime" discussions, only info.

The plan is that it will have information on each member (Name, type of car) and pictures. Once a month (that is still being discussed) there will be a "Featured Car" which will be on the main page and have a short bio on the owner/member.

So they will actually be very different.

-Chris

It looks like my350z.com will be shut down FOR GOOD on 4/7/04, maybe your site should also include a discussion forum as well.

I am not sure if the "shut down" is for real but see the link below:
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=67998
Old 03-31-2004, 08:44 PM
BullishZ

Ron, I don't think anyone was "fighting" or criticizing Chris in anyway. I do appreciate the time/resources he is putting into this. But the members here are just throwing ideas around. I don't know how your perceived it as being confrontational at all.

If the committee wants a new name, what's to stop this club from finally adopting an official name?

Patrick, in retrospect, I think you may be right. ZriderZ may sound a bit young. I think since most of our members are 350Z owners, the new name should have either a "350Z" or "Z33" in it. Just my 2 cents.

So Cal Z33 Riderz (SCZR)?
Old 03-31-2004, 08:45 PM
Mr Twisted

Mr. Twisted and I cannot believe it. This is probably the best resouce Mr. Twisted has found on the car we all love.

If it's true BUMMMER!!!

Mrs. Twisted was just getting used to all this forum stuff and going to all the meets and being plugged in.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:56 PM
BullishZ

I think it may be a April Fool's prank. I hope.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:57 PM
EL Diablo

there is no way this site is closing down. it is making $

Got to be an April Fools Prank
Old 03-31-2004, 08:58 PM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

but it's still 3/31/04 here in CA. Where is ares (the moderator and the thread starter) located?
Old 03-31-2004, 09:00 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I only have one suggestion for the site. Since Performance Nissan has been sponsoring a lot of this club's activities, I think they should be placed first in the links area.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:36 PM
Wedge

I have no problem with the current name of The SoCal 350Z Club or 350Z Club of SoCal.

Let's go ahead and set up some sort of dues schedule so it can be funded properly. Ron and Nora can't continue to foot the bill.

Chris, I know we all appreciate having your site for club use. Thanks!!
Old 04-01-2004, 05:53 AM
Mr Twisted

Thanks wedge, Support... Now quietly go out and take one digital picture by your car so we set up the owners gallery. We're interested more in the driver, then the car, we all know what 350s look like. Include your handle and maybe first name. We'll ask for more pictures and stuff later. E-mail your submittions to Chris. Wed like to see how is all sets up.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:27 AM
TOM JONES

So. Cal. Z Crew
Old 04-01-2004, 06:40 AM
zman23

Chris,
You've got a great start on this website of yours! It will just take all of us to get our heads/dinero together and build this into a great Z website! My pic for name would be socalZriders.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:42 AM
BullishZ

SoCal Team Z

Anyhow, I got another suggestion. Ron, why don't we vote for a treasurer? I'd like to nominate Lysa. She seems very organized and enthusiastic. Also, with her 350zpartz site, we can paypal her whatever funds we will need to help our club. If, for example, we were making tshirts, she can make a tab on her site and we can all paypal. It worked great for the Cook-out, in my opinion.

I don't think anyone here minds contributing funds. Just need to know when and where it's being used. Instead of "blind" donations, I think more poeple will pay with the ease of paypal for whatever we are trying to get accomplished.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:24 AM
PharCyde

Chris, feel free to use any of the pictures I took at the Performance meet for the website's gallery or whatever. Unfortuneatly I don't know which cars belong to which members

Also, I was a Web Designer for a couple years and am a designer now so if you need some creative feedback, ideas, help with graphics, or whatever feel free to PM me.

-Aaron
Old 04-01-2004, 09:48 AM
ChrisMCagle

Default Thanks

Originally posted by PharCyde
Chris, feel free to use any of the pictures I took at the Performance meet for the website's gallery or whatever. Unfortuneatly I don't know which cars belong to which members

Also, I was a Web Designer for a couple years and am a designer now so if you need some creative feedback, ideas, help with graphics, or whatever feel free to PM me.

-Aaron
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.

Let's all focus on the content and get this site going!

As Ron mentioned, I need each of you to send me a couple pictures (one of you and one of your car) preferably in jpg format so that I can begin constructing the "Members" section. I am also working on a list of questions for you all to answer so that I can build a little bio to include on the site with your picture.

Send your pictures to chrismcagle@yahoo.com.

-Chris
Old 04-01-2004, 10:48 AM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Default Re: Web site???

Originally posted by Mr Twisted
Hey guys lets not get on Chris's case

It was my request, since he already had an existing site needing some content & he's willing to let us have some space.

Talk runs very cheap with me, I'm a doer and I move very fast.

We put together successful programs very fast ,because there is little discussions, just action.

Months ago I asked for names and donations to operate with.

To date very few names have been submitted and only $51 dollors was donated by SW & TD The rest has been funded by Nora & I.

We've been using the So Cal 350Z Club for a while so we'll just continue to use that. As for using 350Z Freak unless someone will step up to the plate and register a domain name , spend countless unpaid hours adminstering and updating and getting content from members and smile about it . I'd thing we should start with that for now. Maybe not perfect but what is.

So for going outside are area. What for. Have you any Idea how want 350 Z are in So Cal. We already have a data base or over 150 guys & gals, I only know a fraction of them as well as I want to.

Both Chris and I want the site to be for us our MEMBERS, people we care about and those that care about us.

The guy in NY I might meet once for 10 mins but a guy like EL Diablo I've been on 3 runs,3 meet, eaten dinner with and party with. Thats what the club and website is to be all about. Getting to know that guy 50ft in front you and Mario 50ft behind me in a Canyon run

I don't even know if Chris has enough bandwidth to handle us but I do know he's a great caring, no nonsence kind of guy, a doer...........

I want So Cal 350 Z club moving , direction we all can fight about later.

It's only a name, kind of describes me and ez to remember.

So support is what we need , ideas, good ideas with elbow grease behind it, not suggestions.

At the first Z meet in Duarte, I mentioned getting members to dish out a small fee for membership, but the idea was veto-ed. Maybe this would be a good time to ask for a menial amount of $10.00 per member to keep things running smoothly.....just a suggestion. I am willing to pay for membership.....if you join any club usually there are dues anyway. So if people are really into this, I don't see that it would offend anyone to dish out a couple of bucks.....just a thought!
Old 04-01-2004, 04:21 PM
iLLestJrz

I know of a company that can dish up some shirts with a Z logo on it. Just for a thought. Some thing that the money can be used for... and it will make everyone feel like an official Z club member.

Quick Reply: The "Official" SoCal 350Z Club Website