Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

So Cal 350 Z Club becomes a Private members only Club...Who's In

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 07:03 PM
Mr Twisted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So Cal 350 Z Club becomes a Private members only Club...Who's In

Some things have transpired that have caused me to rethink my position and work in the behalf of the So Cal 350 Z Club.

I've decided to make it a private club with a lot of member benefits.

Who's interested in gaining in the benefits? Most of you have seen what I can do if I put my mind to it. The benefits, I guarantee, will out way any dues 10X over.

An E-mail will be going out to the old club base about the conversion.

Last edited by Mr Twisted; 04-15-2004 at 07:07 PM.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:05 PM
Psyc0

Was just wondering why you would make the club private, but then i read the other post.... nvm

Last edited by Psyc0; 04-15-2004 at 08:14 PM.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:46 PM
Wedge

I am definately in.....send me the e-mail
Old 04-15-2004, 09:44 PM
ChrisMCagle

Default Yahoo

I'm in!
Let's go!

-Chris
Old 04-15-2004, 10:47 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Twisted...of course I am in!

But can I make a suggestion? The bad thing about a members only structure is that it significantly reduces hits and exposure of the site. Exposure is everything if you wanna make this club big. Maybe you could have a tiered memebership...or certain features that are memebrs only. Maybe like you only get to view a portion of the member's bio or just one pic from each member. Or like the "meet" section is memebers only. But to contact other members and view all pics and detail, you'd have to sign up and pay. I am just thinking out loud,and wanna help make this club the best around!
Old 04-16-2004, 01:10 AM
ZRAYGO

Count me in also.
Old 04-16-2004, 06:08 AM
Mr Twisted

Default Old So Cal 350 Z Club RIP

Now, I'm starting to hear comittment and it shows in your cars, I'd be proud to have you guys on board.

This" new organization" will be great.,the mistake I made was trying to appeal to a broad segment and lets face it, there's just not that many committed people out there.

Hey. I'll start with a handful of great committed people anyday.

The Mrs and I truely like all of the people we've met in the past and we hope we all can remain friends at meets and events.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:58 AM
callmeaflirt

I think this is absolutely RIDICULOUS.....The whole point of the CLUB was to UNITE people, NOT to make it a "private members only" club..I dont think that makes any sense.You are creating a division among everyone. Why would you want people to take sides..?? That was not the point of the club. In most of the threads here, it has always been about getting people together. And here, we started an all out "WAR" if you wanna call it, all because someone in "leadership" chooses to make decisions ONLY based on HIS ideas....

HE is the one who chose Chris' website for the official site.. HE made that decision completely on his own without ANY of the 150+ members opinion...Its great that Chris would let us use his site. Its fantastic....BUT it doesnt fit for the purpose of the so cal 350z club....

I think that anyone who wants to be in Mr Twisted's club, has to be ready to not have an opinion of their own..cuz thats what he is all about..EVERYONE has said more than once that he has skills...he does outstanding work, but when he comes under constructive critism (sp?) he takes the "all or nothing, my way or the highway" stance and thats NOT COOL. Every member should have some sort of vote on the issues that pertain to the club... That means the CLUB NAME, for one.... Events are a different issue.

Wedge, in the other thread, you mentioned that anyone can organize different events and no one has a say on that....Thats WRONG.....For the cookout, I asked a couple people at the FIRST meet that I organized (at Nationals Sports Bar) if they would be interested in a picnic at the park...Those people all said YES they would be interested...THEN I posted a thread asking others if they were interested in that type of thing.....I had 30+ replies that said YES they were interested...I then posted a POLL on what date would be best for everyone...I listed 3 different dates... The majority ruled and I picked April 4th. Some people couldnt make it, but it WAS a majority ruled event. I had NO PROBLEM with doing that...I had 40+ people at my event... Mr Twisted showed up during the event and proceeded to tell me that it was "a great turnout, but NEXT TIME, we need to get music, a PA system, etc etc...". I took all that info in stride...It's called constructive critiscm.....

I have NEVER had a problem with anyone telling me something that I could change about myself, the way I do things, or anything else...If it changes me for the better, then so be it.. Ron however, does not take constructive critiscm well and I think that will genuinely hurt him in the long run.

There have been TONS of Z owners before Ron and his club, and there will be TONS of Z owners AFTER Ron...We don't need a "club" or a certain "car" to be friends...We will all still get together and hang out..Nothing can change that....

I did not mean to start a WAR with my comments on the previous thread....I mentioned things that were also on the behalf of other people....

Wedge, you mentioned that 90% of the people didnt have a problem w/ the club or the way it was running..... Umm....hate to break the news to you, but if you noticed, as soon as BullishZ and I gave CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISCM to Ron, he labeled us as "Disenters".....Why would other people want that same label? No one does....THAT is probably the reason that no one else had responded...also due to the fact of the thread title.... I talked to a bunch of people at the cookout, all who had the same VALID points that I brought up...Instead of IGNORING the members and their ideas, how about a compromise....?

Oh yea, another thing that is kind of annoying me that I need to get out in the open....Please tell me what Ron and Nora have been putting out of their pockets for us?? I'm curious...The first meet in Duarte was completely hosted by Performance Nissan... There was a meet in Pasadena...a lunchtime meet at Hooters... I think Ron attended both meetings, but any lunch was paid for by every person on their own....The Performance Nissan meet w/ the G35s and other Nissans, was courtesy of Performance Nissan.. No $ came out of Ron and Nora's pockets...The 350z Shoot out was the only thing that I can think of where they provided burgers for everyone..I think they said for 70 people....NOW, the COOKOUT cost Kash and I $200+ OUT OF OUR POCKET.....Did we complain about it once?? NO! I was asked by Tony (wld350z) if we "broke even". I told him no, we were down about $200. He went and collected $ from everyone and gave it to us...I was VERY THANKFUL.....After I added up all the receipts and everything that we had purchased, minus the $ that people gave us in cash, and the $ from Tony and paypal, we were still down about $200.....We didnt go on here complaining....So please tell me where all of Ron and Nora's $ went to...??? What events have THEY hosted where they had to put $ OUT OF POCKET?

I heard "thru the grapevine" that at the first meet in Duarte, it was brought up that there should be dues paid...and it was specifically stated that "we are not that type of club"....so if you refused that idea, but then want to complain about all this $ that you are putting out of pocket, then it really doesnt work in your favor....

Lastly....I just want to say that I was speaking for more than just myself in that thread..I was not alone in what I said..

Ron, if you still plan on making your own club, cool..good luck with that.....

To everyone that is joining Ron's PRIVATE MEMBERS only club, keep in mind, YOU WILL NOT GET A SAY IN ANYTHING THAT THE CLUB DOES....It is a complete DICTATORSHIP and you have NO SAY. YOUR OPINIONS WILL NOT MATTER....

One more thing, I have no hard feelings towards anyone here. I hope that the friends that I have made along the way STAY my friends..If not, then I guess we were never friends to begin with..

Sorry for the OUTRAGEOUSLY long post..and sorry if there are some spelling issues..I am posting this without rereading it first..

Lysa
Old 04-16-2004, 08:13 AM
callmeaflirt

OH darnit, forgot one thing!!

Sharif, you might already be kicked out of the group because you made a suggestion....Just a little fyi for ya...Ron doesnt take suggestions, nor does he implement them...If its not HIS idea, he doenst want it...So maybe you should go back and delete your post if you still want to be a part of his group!

j/k No hard feelings guys...

Lysa
Old 04-16-2004, 08:46 AM
callmeaflirt

Oh yea, does this mean I can be a member of the "private members only" club?

j/k

Lysa
Old 04-16-2004, 09:32 AM
Mr Twisted

Lysa such a diatribe and such passion.

Btw Sharif did you want to be on the Board of directors of the new club?
Old 04-16-2004, 09:38 AM
callmeaflirt

Well if you are taking our suggestions that WE all made for the OLD so cal 350z club onto your new club, then by all means..please do so to better your club... We all made suggestions and you took the "my way or the highway" stance.. I guess a TT has more authority than the rest of us peons huh..

Oh well...

Yes, I do have passion...passion for things that I enjoy... I enjoy attending meets and events..and I enjoy HOSTING them as well. But hey, to each his own..I wish you luck with your "new organization."

Lysa
Old 04-16-2004, 09:38 AM
Mr Twisted

Now, I think personal attacks and finger pointing is as productive as throwing logs in front of a moving freight train. Next ..... I never look back Forward and upward. Good luck Lysa you seem to have the pulse of the internet.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:40 AM
callmeaflirt

Take care Twisted....

Cya

Lysa
Old 04-16-2004, 09:43 AM
callmeaflirt

OH damn one more thing..

Ron, I was never attacking you...I was simply making suggestions that others were too "scared" to make...If you could not take the constructive critiscm from everyone, not just me, than that is your own problem. I have given you props on everything that you have done thus far..But labeling BullishZ and I on the first thread, THAT is name calling....I have respect for the work that you do....I think you have a talent..but put that talent to good use...Not by making members choose sides..I think that is just childish..Once again, MY OPINION.

Lysa
Old 04-16-2004, 09:54 AM
Mr Twisted

Default OK you win Please stop derailing the post.

We've all heard your feelings many times and for pages. Now let the other respond to the post at hand. Or is it you just got have the last word?
Old 04-16-2004, 09:56 AM
callmeaflirt

Yes.

Lysa

Now back to the topic at hand......
Old 04-16-2004, 10:30 AM
bobowah

I have love for almost everyone so I would like to be an active participant in both sides.
Old 04-16-2004, 10:49 AM
Mr Twisted

Well, do you want a sticker In what color? Jeff

I even forgot which post we were on.

Last edited by Mr Twisted; 04-16-2004 at 10:54 AM.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:02 AM
bobowah

Originally posted by Mr Twisted
Well, do you want a sticker In what color? Jeff

I even forgot which post we were on.
I would like to be part of the club but do I have to have a sticker? I like a clean car.

Quick Reply: So Cal 350 Z Club becomes a Private members only Club...Who's In