Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Close call with the dark side!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004 | 08:18 PM
desiZ

Default Close call with the dark side!

Whew! had a close shave today ...
was driving down 237th in Torrance towards crenshaw , and my 1-day old Passport 8500 x50 went Ka- beepbeepbeep! so I immediately slowed down and kept looking out for a cop ... the intersection of 237th & crenshaw was still like a block away... after reaching the intersection (my radar detector was going crazy!), I see a cop in the cross traffic... being my first time with a radar detector.. i went "whoa! there he is!!" and pointed at him... then drove by... within seconds, the cop made a U-turn and started following me !!! ... i was like "oh no i'm dead... he's going to pull me over for some stupid thing like my tint or something..." he came reallll close to intimidate me , almost hit my rear (no jokes), I was doing 40 in a 45 just to be safe, he then came on my side and sped past at like 60mph mumbling to his partner...

i went "WhEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW"..... my heart was doing thumpity thump thump...

just happy that the new addition to my Z works !!!! ahhhhh! and of course, Torrance police are the WORST! they are even racist as hÓll!
Old 04-20-2004 | 08:44 PM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Wow, that's messed up......and weird for me. That is the EXACT corner I got my Z smashed on Valentine's day! I heard Torrance Police are a-holes.
Old 04-20-2004 | 09:08 PM
desiZ

Originally posted by Luv Mntrl
Wow, that's messed up......and weird for me. That is the EXACT corner I got my Z smashed on Valentine's day! I heard Torrance Police are a-holes.
Torrance police are the worst... i have a friend who is narc who told me torrance police have a special code NIT... NI--A in torrance that is how racist they are!!! ... plus all they do is give speeding tickets... i have a friend who got a ticket for changing lanes without a turning signal at 20 mph with no traffic behind him ...
Old 04-21-2004 | 07:30 AM
Street Visionz, Inc.
Banned

nice to see some local desi's on board!! we should meet up sometime I'm in torrance daily.

Originally posted by desiZ
Torrance police are the worst... i have a friend who is narc who told me torrance police have a special code NIT... NI--A in torrance that is how racist they are!!! ... plus all they do is give speeding tickets... i have a friend who got a ticket for changing lanes without a turning signal at 20 mph with no traffic behind him ...
Old 04-21-2004 | 09:45 AM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Maybe that's why the cop that showed up couldn't be bothered to give us the time of day.....my hubby is asian, and so were the guys who hit us. Maybe the cop had issues with them.....he couldn't be bothered to assist me with details. It was, "ya ya ya, well, we can't do very much, bla bla bla....."......I'm careful when I drive in Torrance now.....and also have to be in Manhattan Beach. I think I piszed a cop off when I didn't know he was a cop at first, and talked to him about donut runs right to his face.....then I realized.....OOPS....

Damn Canadians.....we never know when to shut up......oh well! Guess I have to be good in Manhattan Beach also now.....
Old 04-21-2004 | 10:12 AM
Hunter Z
Banned

Default They let me go every time

I was stopped by the Torrance cops for doing 60 mph in a 40 mph zone on Torrance Blvd. a few months ago. He read me the riot act and let me go without a ticket.

I am a middle aged white guy and drive a nice car. That really helps. I have gotten out of speeding tickets at least 6 times in the last few years, and been written up only twice.

Sometime I'll tell the whole story of how the SWAT team stopped me for doing 110 mph in the car pool lane of the freeway (by myself, of course) in my new S4, and they let me go. LMFAO

Cops are such fuggin' idiots.
Old 04-23-2004 | 07:19 AM
Street Visionz, Inc.
Banned

Hey how's the top end on your S4? Better than your Z or?
Old 01-19-2005 | 06:36 AM
curious1

Some threads always amaze me...either the cops are "fuggen idiots" for not writing a ticket or they are "a**holes" for writing a ticket! Leo's can't seem to win. Makes me wonder why we took the job.
Old 01-19-2005 | 08:37 AM
Street Visionz, Inc.
Banned

well if you knew how prejudiced TPD is, you would say the same about them.
Old 01-19-2005 | 08:44 AM
desiZ

Originally posted by curious1
Some threads always amaze me...either the cops are "fuggen idiots" for not writing a ticket or they are "a**holes" for writing a ticket! Leo's can't seem to win. Makes me wonder why we took the job.
my buddy whose best friend is a Torrance cop told him one night that torrance cops have special codes... like N.I.T. (n*gga in torrance). Now you tell me that they're nice ...

I respect the LAPD... they do REAL police work.. unlike the torrance a-holes.
Old 01-19-2005 | 09:19 AM
Risk

Originally posted by Luv Mntrl
Maybe that's why the cop that showed up couldn't be bothered to give us the time of day.....my hubby is asian, and so were the guys who hit us. Maybe the cop had issues with them.....he couldn't be bothered to assist me with details. It was, "ya ya ya, well, we can't do very much, bla bla bla....."......I'm careful when I drive in Torrance now.....and also have to be in Manhattan Beach. I think I piszed a cop off when I didn't know he was a cop at first, and talked to him about donut runs right to his face.....then I realized.....OOPS....

Damn Canadians.....we never know when to shut up......oh well! Guess I have to be good in Manhattan Beach also now.....
Hey Jen, how are you? Long time...
Old 01-19-2005 | 01:07 PM
Bertg

I must be lucky. I haven't had any problems with TPD. On several occasions motorcycle cops and patrol cars have been behind me, but then pass me by without incident. Whew!!
Old 01-19-2005 | 01:36 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

Originally posted by curious1

hopefully to serve and protect, and not delay and harass.
Old 01-19-2005 | 02:47 PM
ChrisMCagle

Default Re: Close call with the dark side!

Whew! had a close shave today ...
was driving down 237th in Torrance towards crenshaw , and my 1-day old Passport 8500 x50 went Ka- beepbeepbeep!
Congrats on the radar detector. I have the same on in my Z. One thing that you'll leard REALLY fast is that when the "X" band goes off (and it will VERY frequently) there is never anything there. I've found that 95% of the time whenmy 8500 goes off, there is nothing there. It did save my azz on the way home from Vegas a few months ago though!

-Chris
Old 01-19-2005 | 02:52 PM
desiZ

Default Re: Re: Close call with the dark side!

Originally posted by ChrisMCagle
Congrats on the radar detector. I have the same on in my Z. One thing that you'll leard REALLY fast is that when the "X" band goes off (and it will VERY frequently) there is never anything there. I've found that 95% of the time whenmy 8500 goes off, there is nothing there. It did save my azz on the way home from Vegas a few months ago though!

-Chris
I've disabled X-band. So now only K & Ka show up
Old 01-19-2005 | 07:33 PM
FLZ_Boy

Darn, I thought Star Wars III was out .

Hmmmmm now that I read this thread, I need a radar detector soon.
Old 01-19-2005 | 10:51 PM
LBC TRD

you think torrance cops are bad, try going up to palos verdes!
Old 01-20-2005 | 05:59 AM
Street Visionz, Inc.
Banned

hahaa i know about pv cops too......I live up there. Lomita sheriff patrols rpv and rhe, while pv estates has their own pd.
Old 01-20-2005 | 09:43 AM
desiZ

I love driving up those snaky roads to the rolling hills country club
Old 01-20-2005 | 07:27 PM
LBC TRD

ya, i grew up in pv and my parents still live there.. lets just say be careful driving by RHCC.. i've seen cars pull up there w/ golf ball holes in their windshields!