Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Let's get this 350Z CLUB started! It starts HERE.....Read...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 01:43 PM
callmeaflirt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SHO....do you want to start a thread asking for suggestions for a group name....? Please do so...i dont want it to feel as though I have too MUCH initiative.

Lysa
Old 04-23-2004, 02:42 PM
neocypher
Banned

but i thought you were in charge.
Old 04-23-2004, 02:44 PM
callmeaflirt

Who said I was in charge?
Old 04-23-2004, 02:45 PM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sure.... I'll post it up.

This is a group effort... everyone puts in their share of effort into this group.
Old 04-23-2004, 02:47 PM
callmeaflirt

Agreed!

Lysa
Old 04-23-2004, 04:05 PM
n10zt

This is a group effort... everyone puts in their share of effort into this group.
I like this idea. You guys are great.
Old 04-24-2004, 05:25 AM
kbirdsong

Default Re: This is how I see it.

Originally posted by EL Diablo
This is how I see it.

Who are we?

The majority of us are Z owners who like to meet, Socialize, and Drive our cars. I don’t believe most of are looking to be a part of a show team or a club looking for sponsorship at events, etc. I personally don’t want to be part of a club whose events are more about the promotion and event then the people.
Let's keep it Really simple like it is now.

Someone who likes to organize posts an idea for a meet, based from the responses the event is scheduled or it's not.

We should create an "Informal Club" Meaning keep everything the way it is now. No President or officers. Just people who like to organize. We have people doing this already. No obligations for the folks like me who just want to show up and have fun.

We should still organize and post upcoming meets and Events on my350z.com. It's a great resource that has served all of us well.

Club name.

Why a name?
Naming the group makes it's easier to identify us. it creates a sense of comradeship and brands the group as an organized unit. It's nicer to say you hang with the The SoCal 350z Club for example than say me and some friends who have Z's hang out.

We should all have input in the creation of the group name.
A Club Naming Thread should be created and all members should pick names and vote on the one they like most. Then that’s the name!

The Club Website.

I can volunteer to:
have a web site created, free web hosting and picture/movie updating of latest events thrown by the "Club"

Why a Club website and not just use my350z.com?

The website would be a place where we could view pics of past events. That’s it. We do this now on my350z.com and still should, but 6 months from now the BBQ thread will be buried in the back somewhere. The Site would be Our home that we could go to to see past events. Like an archive of the good times organized and in one central place. I think it would be great to see pics from the BBQ and then a click away is the latigo run pics.

Someone always has a camera at an event. Just forward the pics to me and I will create a page for that event for all of us to enjoy.
I'll post the pics as soon as I can, it doesn’t take long at all.
We have about one event every 6 to 8 weeks that is really worthy of documenting and looking at pics of.

I personally don’t have time to Webmaster a website that is robust and full of all types of content that needs regular updating.
What I can do is create a new picture archive for the latest event
that our members were a part of. Events like the Latigo Canyon Run, the BBQ, The Performance Nissan meet. We could visit our site and easily see the pictures from an event.

And that’s it. If it turns out the responses at meets snowballs into the need for something bigger and people are into it then we can pursue those ideas. For now I think we have been doing great just the way we are.

Again, my suggestion is

1. No "Offical" Club but a name for the Group everyone chooses and votes on.

2. No Presidents or Officers. Just people who Want to organize and people who want to show up.

3. A website with the club name where we would have one place to see organized pictures of our meets and events

That's my 2cents
I completely agree
Old 04-24-2004, 06:48 AM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by hpz
I'd love to join this club (or group, or whatever) so that I'll be able to meet all my Z friends again.

Ha
Oh my god! Ha! Where in the world have you been!? I think the last time I saw you was.... last year's Latigo run? I remember you commenting about me blasting by you on hwy 405 going up to the Starbacks. hehehe.

We were just talking about you during the last Latigo run how you have been MIA'ing for the longest time! How is your bike? I remember seeing your post about you getting a new bike and soon after you left us!!! j/k. It sounds like you are doing great! Would you care to join us at the Palomar run on 5/8/04? Brian is "organizing" that run once again!

Snoopy Z? Yeah, he hasn't hang out with us for a while. Something tells me he won't be showing up anymore tho. Too bad his car wasn't treating him well.

Iris?? I'm wondering about the same thing! She has been MIA'ing as well!

But hey, we have a whole bunch of new wonderful ppls that you haven't met yet.... come out man!

BTW, my screen name changed from "SLVR Z" to "SHO-TIME", just in case you don't recognize my screen name.
Old 04-25-2004, 01:46 PM
hpz

SHO-TIME:
It's so nice to hear from you. I might see you at the Hooters next Saturday. Ha