Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Let's get this 350Z CLUB started! It starts HERE.....Read...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 02:01 PM
callmeaflirt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let's get this 350Z CLUB started! It starts HERE.....Read...

Hi everyone!!

Lets get this club started...It all started out with a bunch of Z owners getting together....It gathered momentum....bbq's, beach bashes, meets, runs, etc.... It evolved into something more (so you thought) at the beginning of this year. The So Cal 350Z Club was given the "unofficial" club name, an official title would come later, once it was VOTED on...

Moving along, Mr. Twisted was elected to be President of this club. (Now the rest of this is all hear say..I was not there at this particular meeting.) He was elected to be President of this fine group of people. In the meeting, he made this "club" out to be a HUGE thing...We would have shirts, stickers, events, shows, etc...He also quickly veto'd the idea of having dues..But in order to have a successful car club, dues are needed......To date, there have been NO REGULARLY SCHEDULE MEETINGS, no shirts, stickers were made, but the LOGO was never voted on so most of the members didnt even know what the stickers LOOKED LIKE....Also, there was ONE event that the "President" organized. Everything else had been organized by others and they all turned out fantastic! We were also missing a few KEY items...

In order to have an "official" club, we would need a few things..

1. We need an official name. This should have been voted on by Feb at LEAST. Here we are, almost in MAY, and still had no official name.

2. We needed a monthly/semi-monthly (or regularly scheduled) meet. During this meet would be the time to discuss upcoming events, the club name, t-shirt designs, logos for STICKERS, etc.

3. We need a purpose. Are we going to do car shows? Is this club mainly going to be for hanging out? Only for race events? If we were to become an official club, not everyone has to do car shows or race events, but if there is at least ONE person doing this, then the rest of the club should show SOME kind of support.

4. We need a COUNCIL. Instead of ONE PERSON ruling the entire club, it would better (my opinion only) to have several members on the "Board of Directors" or whatever you want to call it. The idea...Elect one person from each area (323, 626, 714, 562, 310, etc) to attend the monthly meeting...That person could "report" back to the rest of thier group in thier surrounding area about the latest discussions at the last meeting, IF for some reason, certain individuals would not be able to attend. This way, no one gets left out.

5. Also need an official website. The official site NAME gets voted on by every member. Everyone puts in their ideas and we run with it. If we look around, some people do website design for a LIVING...One person in particular, said the company that they work for would set up our site, give us a forum and a place to chat, ALL FOR FREE.....The idea was never brought to his attention. So we have the people on this forum who would be willing to help out in any way possible, but were never asked.

Those are just some of the key points that we would need to touch base on...Since we "lost" our "interim leader", SOMEONE has to get this thing going...I am just trying to get this organized for right now..
I would like to know if anyone is actually INTERESTED in becoming an offical car club....with the website, the shirts, the UNITY and so forth.... If you are, please let me know..If not, please let me know If you are more interested in NOT having a "structure" and just want to attend the events organized by other forum members, thats cool. I dont mind either way. I just want to get an idea of what we all want....

In talking to some people from this forum, some of you feel kind of "lost". You dont know if youre in a "club" or not...Well, thats why I am posting...If you WANT to be in a club, post..If you would rather NOT be in a club, then post. We would like to hear everyone's ideas. This is a democracy, NOT a dictatorship....MAJORITY RULES...EVERY voice will be heard.

Please, lets hear your ideas.....They WON'T be ignored I would like to know if you prefer to be DEFUNK or not.

(Sorry for the long post!)

Lysa

Last edited by callmeaflirt; 04-21-2004 at 02:07 PM.
Old 04-21-2004, 02:33 PM
la300zxtt

I'm so down. Probably the chillest car club I've run into so I'm pretty much down for what ever holla at a brother.
Old 04-21-2004, 02:39 PM
desiZ

i like this little niche we have on my350z.com , southcal> section ... however, honestly, I don't want to have yet another site that I log onto, by being on my350z.com/forums, i can check my local news under southerncal as well as deals/pictures/news from around the nation under the more generic sections.

as far as the club goes (tshirts,meets,thewholeshebang), i'm all for it, but if you are going to make a new website, keep it informational only (no forums/chat), else you're just making it more inconvenient to log onto several websites...

this is only about having a dual website for forums,
i have done extensive studies on successful websites & related stuff, so believe me i know what i'm saying... initially even if u get a lot of southcal ppl to join , nothing will compare to the user-count on my350z.com as a whole, and ppl will revert back here...

my 2 bits....

Old 04-21-2004, 02:40 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Let's get this 350Z CLUB started! It starts HERE.....Read...

Originally posted by callmeaflirt
In order to have an "official" club, we would need a few things..
1. How about starting a thread where suggestions for the club name can be taken in. A vote can be taken at the next meet.

2. A monthly or every other month schedule would probably be best. A meet location central to members should be found. I would suggest another thread for choosing between Saturdays and Sundays and for taking in meet location suggestions.

3. I think the purpose should be unlimited. We do so many different things and people have so many different interests that the purpose should be generically social but outline proposed events.

4. I'm not sure area codes is the best way to select the board. What we want are people who first off, want to be on the board, and secondly have the skills to listen to members and then make decisions. You're looking for people like Pat, Jeff A, Tom J, Rob S, Patrick/Zxsaint, Iris, Princeton, Jeff@Performance, Scafremon, Eric, yourself, to name a few and assuming they want the responsibility.

Thing is, I'm still not sure we even need to do this. Is a council necessary? Why not just put everything to a majority vote?

5. El Diablo is turning out to be a helluva resource.

Maybe all of this should be coordinated with Eric's OC Hooters meet.

Last edited by hfm; 04-21-2004 at 02:43 PM.
Old 04-21-2004, 02:42 PM
hfm

Default .

Well, this was a dup post but, I guess I can recycle it. Regarding a different site, I believe a good point was made. But, a private forum should also be considered for things that don't need to be public.

Last edited by hfm; 04-21-2004 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04-21-2004, 02:47 PM
bobowah

hey guys.

I still have the shiftz.com domain and a forum which I can convert again.

Let me know if you want to use it.

-Jeff
Old 04-21-2004, 03:04 PM
MastaKillaZ

I nominate HFM... not sure what I'm nominating him for, but whatever it is, I'm sure he'll do a great job.

BTW, met someone who used to work with you at Littler... Belle Hsu... she's now in-house for one of our clients, BP/ARCO. she said you are a dirty old man who likes to harass young women in the workplace... j/k LOL...
Old 04-21-2004, 03:09 PM
hfm

Originally posted by MastaKillaZ
I nominate HFM... not sure what I'm nominating him for, but whatever it is, I'm sure he'll do a great job.

BTW, met someone who used to work with you at Littler... Belle Hsu... she's now in-house for one of our clients, BP/ARCO. she said you are a dirty old man who likes to harass young women in the workplace... j/k LOL...
ROFLMAO! Belle is a sweetheart. I attended orientation with her at Littler's San Francisco office years ago. Tell her I said hi.

I'm sure I neglected to mention other good candidates like Jeff/Booboo and many others.

Oh, and, I'm not interested in any position. Ten years ago, I might have had the energy and desire. Now, I just want to have fun and throw in $.02 every now and then.
Old 04-21-2004, 05:32 PM
350Now

1. Name: I kinda like the idea of "shiftz". (But that's just me)

2. Meeting: Yes a must. Meeting once a month is a must so atleast to make sure everyone is on the same page.

3. Purpose: Unlimited since we have a melting pot of interest between the Socal members.

4. I think we leave no council but use a majority rule voting system. (That way everyone can be heard).

5. Once we think of a name and work on the foundation then we can address media awareness.

my 2 pennies..
Old 04-21-2004, 06:29 PM
Hunter Z
Banned

Default Thanks for volunteering, Lysa

Lysa -

I think you have made a great case that you should be the organizer of the "SoCal 350Z Club" (that's my unoriginal idea for the club name). You should be corporate secretary, or Grand Poobah, or whatever you want.

I am most interested in driving my Z on the racetrack, but also enjoy canyon runs, BBQs and other club meetings.

I have no interest in being an officer of the club, just want to be a regular member. I agree with the post that we don't need another 350Z website.

You have the opportunity to make the SoCal 350Z Club anything you want it to be. Take charge, girl !!!

Old 04-21-2004, 06:38 PM
BullishZ

Dan a dirty old man? I can vouch for that!!!

LOL!

But Lysa, good going here! Nice to see people with initiative.
Old 04-21-2004, 08:41 PM
n10zt

I'm all for organizing a club which I believe will further solidify what we got going on so far. Granted that the purpose should be unlimited, we should nevertheless define a general one (e.g. primary social) as well as specifics such as canyon runs, auto shows, track and the likes. This is just to get the ball rolling and would definitely evolve to meet the interests and needs of its members.

Council/Board is Necessary

We need a council that will facilitate and coordinate events and activities as well as shoulder all inherent responsibilities associated in any given organized club. Someone would have to collect and manage the funds, write down minutes of club meetings, manage the website, coordinate club meets etc. We need a designated warm body that we can look for to praise or blame when our collective purposes are not met. As a friendly reminder, the council’s existence is by the members for the members which imply that its decisions and consequential actions are driven by the majority of its members. We can iron out the details as we progress.

Yes, deciding on a club name should be the primary agenda. Perhaps we can start a thread for suggestions and we can narrow it down to say five before voting on it ONLINE. We want to give every member a chance to vote and not have to impose a mandatory attendance on a certain date and time just to have a say.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:21 PM
BJF2K

I'm in!!

shiftz.com is pretty cool domain...
Old 04-21-2004, 10:25 PM
la300zxtt

I still own Skerthappens.com
Old 04-21-2004, 10:26 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Here's my 2 lire...

I do think we need a board and maybe to start we elect a Director, Secretary, Treasurer, and Activities Officer...these are not people that make rules but rather take the ideas of the members and organize the information for presentation to the entire club.

To begin, we might want to see who would like to volunteer or ask for nominations for each position. After we have several people nominated for each position everyone can vote and walla...we have our first board.

A dues system is good for the club but there are other ways to make money to use for things like BBQ's so that people don't have to reach into their own pockets for funds.

First off I think we need to call a meet where everyone can discuss these issues. VFW halls or even a resturant with a large meeting room could be a good place to start.

Pick a place and time and I for one will be there
Old 04-21-2004, 10:31 PM
BullishZ

Pat... all of your points are wise and we should attend to them. However, I've never heard of the word "walla". Is that an American version of "voila"?

LOL! J/K mang!
Old 04-21-2004, 10:40 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

OK..OK the secret's out..I can't spell..are you happy now

Does this mean I don't get to run for club newsletter editor
Old 04-21-2004, 11:04 PM
Scafremon

I bought 350zcarclub.com and clubthreefiftyz.com last July. Don't know why....was in a shopping mode I guess.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:16 PM
Phatmitzu

Official or not, Im not going anywhere. Just let me know when/where to meet/show/race...or just hangout.

Old 04-22-2004, 12:15 AM
neocypher
Banned

can we have a secret hand-shake?

Quick Reply: Let's get this 350Z CLUB started! It starts HERE.....Read...