Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

San Diego GTGs.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 02:40 PM
GTiGirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got the whole front end covered with sick 3M Clear Bra. I've got the 4pc billet grilles chillin in the back right now. Hopefully those will be installed in the next week or so... then to StreetNoyz for DVD-Nav, iPod and Backup/Trailer Monitor Camera. Hopefully some 22s in April. And a ton of doggie accessories (access ramp, doggie bed). Definitely not going to be used for offroading. I'll have to break some knee caps if it gets scratched.

I think the best upgrade will be a nice new GTI to tow behind for the track

Last edited by GTiGirl; 02-28-2006 at 02:42 PM.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:41 PM
JimRHIT

Very nice. What color did you get?

So did you get the stock Navi? ... and you are converting that to DVD and all that?
Old 02-28-2006, 02:58 PM
JimRHIT

Chad/Rob,

Is there really a compelling reason to choose a stainless exhaust system vs. an "aluminized" one ?
Old 02-28-2006, 03:37 PM
GTiGirl

Originally Posted by JimRHIT
Very nice. What color did you get?

So did you get the stock Navi? ... and you are converting that to DVD and all that?
It's Avalanche (white)... totally sick. Now all of our cars are white. I'm getting wheels that have black powdercoated centers and like a 4" polished lip (the GTI is white on black wheels too). Sick as hell.

And yes, I got the stock Navi (it's birds-eye now, also sick) and stock 7" flip down monitor and DVD (although I didn't want that, but I kind of got it for free). The DVD player is getting wired to the Navi so we can watch up front too. I might have to wire a 2nd DVD player to control the Navi unit, but it would all be hooked up so that we can all watch the same thing, or different (with the back using headphones). I won't know how it's going to work until I get it to our stereo guys and they investigate...
Old 02-28-2006, 03:38 PM
GTiGirl

Originally Posted by JimRHIT
Chad/Rob,

Is there really a compelling reason to choose a stainless exhaust system vs. an "aluminized" one ?
"Aluminzed" sounds cheap to me.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:04 PM
JimRHIT

White is sick. I had both a White and a Knight Armor X both lined up ... same options everything .. both 4x4 OR. The white was beautiful ... but something inside me said choose the Knight Armor (dark steel grey) ... and I absolutley love it.

Sounds like your truck is really nice Jonelle good luck on the stereo/navi setup. I am going to be doing the new Pioneer AVIC-Z1 Navi/30 GB HD/DVD/MP3/iPod/XM/NavTraffic/Bluetooch/VoiceCommand/Backup Cam all in one That was a lot of crap to type .. wow ... anyhow, gotta wait a few months until it finally is released ... but I am sure itll be worth the wait. In the meantime, I sold my AVIC-D1 to a buddy for a good price ... it's actually going in his B6 1.8T

Yeah ... I know aluminized "sounds" cheap .. but I wonder if it really matters for an exhaust in southern california ... honestly. I mean, the tip is polished, and the rest is hidden ... so who cares.

Last edited by JimRHIT; 02-28-2006 at 04:12 PM.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:04 PM
JimRHIT

Does anyone have Tre's (Brimstone) phone number or email address by chance?

I need to get in contact with him.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Jim
Old 02-28-2006, 06:20 PM
g35pm

Originally Posted by paredyme
weather cleared up, maybe I can go get the sh*t scared outta me after all!

Rob, Chad, et al. do you guys just skip Kmart and go to Fusion?
Haha, watch out. Driving Rob's car sold me on the kit.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:59 PM
MIAPLAYA

All congrats Jonelle on the Pathfinder. When Rob for asked me to check with Greg on it I forwarded him Gregs number and gave Greg a heads up. I didn't realize that you were going to buy the truck the same day. Glad Greg took care of you and tossed in some goodies too. Sorry I couldn't be out tonight to see it. My complex changed their rules aparrentely last month (no notice to me) and you can't have dogs here anymore. I should have known when I saw the usual dog suspects not around anymore. So I spent tonight finding a new place to live. Its actually pretty damn nice. Oversized one car garage that I verfied will fit the Z (I pulled it in despite strange looks from the manager when I asked) and it fits. I WILL need to raise my car a bit sooner rather then later. There are some nasty speed bumps in that joint. I think the first two I can get around but the one right before my building is UGLY. Then again with coilovers it may not be as bad. Its pretty sick though. Its up on a big @ss hill that overlooks the north end of Esco so its got a GREAT view. Its about $500 more a month though Anyone interested in helping me move?
Old 02-28-2006, 09:15 PM
protocav

you know i'm down to help. when are you moving? sucks about the speed bumps...what kind of coilovers are you going to get?
Old 02-28-2006, 09:20 PM
JimRHIT

that kinda sucks ... good luck moving dude ... when are you moving .. I'll be down next weekend if ya need some help.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:31 AM
MIAPLAYA

I've got to move the weekend of April 1 which is a Sat...I think I'm going to hire some illegals like I did last time. For $10/hr they move EVERYTHING and FAST. But a little help with the small stuff will be great. My wife has to be out of town that weekend so I'm rockin it solo. Help would be GREATELY appreciated. Of course Makers is on me.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:38 AM
audiracer2002

Yeah, there was nobody there yesterday at all. Sucks about the dog rules. You'll get used to the speedbumps. You just have to learn the low spots. My complex has 5 I have to go over every day. Let me know about the move as well, I can give you a hand.

Last edited by audiracer2002; 03-01-2006 at 07:40 AM.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:47 AM
MIAPLAYA

Well I reconned them with the truck last night. The first two appear to be low enough that spider crawling will get me past them. The second I think I may be able to get over head on. But the third (last one) is HUGE. Its tall and WIDE AS hell. I looked for a low spot last night but theres just none to be had. It runs from a garage door to a parking spot so if the parking spot and the ones adjacent to it are empty I can squeeze past it and maybe only have to go over it on one end but its UGLY. Chad I am still on for the coilovers. Luckily I've been putting money away recently for crap like this to happen so my move in should in no way affect the deal we have. Just sucks that it has to happen at all. Well if you all come down and help out I'm certainly going to be buying that day. Makers and Pizza on me. Since my wife will be out of town maybe in impromptu house warming same night
Old 03-01-2006, 08:31 AM
JimRHIT

great .. what a way to introduce yourself to the neigbors thatn to throw a housewarming party hahaha

ps - where do I puke ... er.. I mean sleep this time?
Old 03-01-2006, 09:09 AM
protocav

i'm in. perhaps this time jim can stay upright, and keep the contents of his stomach in his stomach?
Old 03-01-2006, 09:13 AM
MIAPLAYA

Jim I have a second room and futon you can crash on if it gets to that point. As for neighbors I don't really have any. The way its built theres not really a lower neighbor but then there is. Its weird. You'll see when you get there..
Old 03-01-2006, 09:41 AM
MIAPLAYA

Hopefully there will be very little for us to do aside from ensuring nothing gets "misplaced" during the move. I think I'm going to hire like 3 illegals. I hired two last time and they moved my couch, love seat, bed, dresser and nightstand, entertainment center, TV, desk, futon, other entertainment center, file cabinet, book shelf, washer, and dryer, and table and 4 chairs in just under 2 hours. Granted I was moving about 70 yards away and this is maybe a 1/2 mile this time. I do have my truck to move stuff and this time I think I'm going to hire 3 and have them move EVERYTHING. Carrying boxes SUCKS. I'll have my wife pack everything in boxes the week before the move and then just hire those guys to move EVERYTHING. Firgure 4-6 hours tops. Then we just need to drink Makers and make sure nothing comes up missing. Maybe fine tune the position of some stuff. Shouldn't be too hard. Jim your Xterra would be KEY for this operation. Two truck loads at a time. Boxes in yours. Big crap in mine.

Edit: I'm going to just get a Uhaul for the day. One big @ss truck load with them loading and unloading. Xterra and Titan will be overflow for her clothes. Thats it. One big move out. One big move in. us drinking Makers and playing foreman the whole time.

Last edited by MIAPLAYA; 03-01-2006 at 09:56 AM.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:47 AM
JimRHIT

Right on ... I think we can swing that. When is the planned move. I am going to Big Bear this weekend and Guerrero Negro in Baja next ... after that I am pretty much free until March 29-April 2 I am going to Park City, UT ... the weekend before that would prolly be the best for me.

Last edited by JimRHIT; 03-01-2006 at 09:51 AM.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:59 AM
JimRHIT

So what time do we hit up home depot in the morning?

Quick Reply: San Diego GTGs.....