Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

San Diego GTGs.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 10:11 AM
JimRHIT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

um, they have like 3 TTs and a procharged car .....

Turbonetics needs to step in and help us regulate on these biatches :-p

I'll go big single if the price is right ...
Old 10-05-2004, 10:28 AM
MIAPLAYA

Hopefully I can get my hands on the single snail and be three. If not Bat has a VERY nice car...whats he got performance wise? Or hell Jim, you should have your nawz done and system set up....Hell I'd just like to see us represent HARD..
Old 10-05-2004, 12:05 PM
jwkirkland

Come on! Someone slap that turbo on!
Old 10-05-2004, 01:40 PM
BrImSt0ne

Originally posted by jwkirkland
Come on! Someone slap that turbo on!
We're waiting on ken to get his TT. Are there any G's with a procharger or TT? As far as bat he has an awsome looking car. i dont know what performance mods he has. i dont think he has any.
Old 10-05-2004, 02:17 PM
MIAPLAYA

Well hopefully I'll have the Turbonetics kit by then...
Old 10-05-2004, 02:32 PM
JimRHIT

Who is TTing Kit's car?
Old 10-05-2004, 02:42 PM
ZanDiego

Fellas, I would like to represent but a TT will be next to impossible by the show. I just got my rods & pistons and the two shops I spoke to want 4 - 6 weeks to put them in. It's a fairly lenghty process of taking out the motor, machining and assembly. It's another week on top of that for the TT install. I've gotten a hard quote from Speed Force Racing in Santee for everything (engine re-build and custom TT) for $13500. That's a huge investment. AEBS wanted even more but included re-sleeving the block. Right now, if I want to go to the Mossy show I don't have the time to put the TT in. I won't put a TT in until the bottom end is done.

On another note, I'm having a lot of trouble finding a shop that will swap out my cats. I have a blown RT I'm swapping out for new Crawford's. Can anyone suggest a decent shop? No muffler shop will touch it.
Old 10-05-2004, 02:50 PM
ZanDiego

BTW, here is AEBS breakdown of cost for engine rebuild.
$2275 - Sleeves (no overbore)
$350 - Honing and maching of bores
$350 - O-rings
$400 - Gaskets (my choice)
$1261 - Blueprinting, balancing and assembly
$4636 - Total AEBS

$1650 - My group buy price on Arias pistons and Pauter rods

$2100 - Group 5's price to R&R engine (28 hours x $75)

$8386 Grand total to re-build bottom end. Does not include head studs (highly recommended).

Add Greddy TT for $5600 (best price with intercooler) and $1200 to install and now I'm up to $15186. This is to do it right. Now you can boost safely up to 25 psi. But then you will need upgraded fuel system, monitoring gauges and so on.

I need a sponsor!!!!!
Old 10-05-2004, 04:43 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by ZanDiego
BTW, here is AEBS breakdown of cost for engine rebuild.
$2275 - Sleeves (no overbore)
$350 - Honing and maching of bores
$350 - O-rings
$400 - Gaskets (my choice)
$1261 - Blueprinting, balancing and assembly
$4636 - Total AEBS

$1650 - My group buy price on Arias pistons and Pauter rods

$2100 - Group 5's price to R&R engine (28 hours x $75)

$8386 Grand total to re-build bottom end. Does not include head studs (highly recommended).

Add Greddy TT for $5600 (best price with intercooler) and $1200 to install and now I'm up to $15186. This is to do it right. Now you can boost safely up to 25 psi. But then you will need upgraded fuel system, monitoring gauges and so on.

I need a sponsor!!!!!
I know that its easy for me to say cause its not my money but when it comes to something like this there is no substitute for quality work. Have AEBS do it...As for TT for the show..no worries..with the mods you have now I'd still pick you as one of the three-five. BTW did you ask Ben about sponsoring you..(AEBS that is)
Old 10-05-2004, 07:25 PM
jwkirkland

Default Z is DEAD

Bad News....

My Z was totalled tonight. No one hurt but our cars. Lady pulled out to take illegal left turn, she was not even looking my direction.

Worse news,

It was a real surprise and confused me when the cop read me my rights and I was charged with Misdemenor Reckless Driving and Midemeanor Contest of Speed.

Car impounded for 30 days, and the officer told me sarcastically that they intend to keep it.

Ironic thing,

I was not racing anyone. My son was in the car. We were a block from our condo downtown.

Not good. Cops see a modded car, you are the guilty one. They interviewed everyone BUT me.

I would tell you the truth if I was racing, but I was not. In Downtown San Diego at 5:45 pm traffic with my son in the car, on the way home from work and school? UN-FREAKING-REAL!!

Who knows what I will have to pay in fines if they actually railroad me to guilty. Do not freaking worry, I am going to fight this one HARD. I had just read an article about SDPD in Tuner Mag last night too. Believe it. I will spend some money to fight this.

Good news,

I am going to build another Z from the ground up. Turbo maybe? Unfortunatly it will not be ready for the show.

Old 10-05-2004, 07:33 PM
ZanDiego

Damn sorry to hear about this but REAL glad you or your son was not seriously hurt. I was just talking to Rob at last week's meet regarding our SDPD speed *****. I read the same article you're talking about and it made me really consider twice if I wanted to spend the money to mod any further. What made the police think your were modded? Your hood or rims? When you get a chance give us any details so we can avoid being accused of any speed contest. I'm sure you also read the same article regarding the atty that handles these type of cases. Good luck and keep in touch.
Old 10-05-2004, 07:41 PM
ZanDiego

Rob, I didn't talk to Ben about any sponsorship. I would not know how to go about asking someone to give me $8k worth of work. I would probably need some kind of introduction I guess. I really don't mind paying for quality work but it's really a time issue. BTW, Speed Force uses the same mechanic as AEBS to do final assembly of engine.

Anybody have a hook up with a mechanic that will swap out my cats?
Old 10-05-2004, 08:07 PM
Z BOY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[i]Originally posted by ZanDiego [/i

Anybody have a hook up with a mechanic that will swap out my cats? [/B]
Brimstone/Tre did his himself. Not difficult with power tools, he said.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:13 PM
Z BOY

Default Re: Z is DEAD

I am going to build another Z from the ground up. Turbo maybe? Unfortunatly it will not be ready for the show.

Cops have difficult case if her turn was illegal. Get pix of skid marks and everything else you can.
What year, color, model you gonna get next?
Old 10-05-2004, 08:41 PM
JimRHIT

Jonathan,

Glad to hear you are both ok. Very sorry to hear about the incident, be sure to fight it, as you have a witness with you (your son) who will be able to help you in a court of law if need be.

Good luck getting it all taken care of.

Jim
Old 10-05-2004, 09:00 PM
BrImSt0ne

MAN JONATHAN THAT F****N SUX!!!!!!! glad no one was hurt, especially your kid. dont let them pin that **** on you man!! was your car actually "totaled out", or are you just using a figure of speech? Make sure you get pics man, thats concrete evidence. dont be a stranger just cause you dont have your z anymore. you're still one of the "boys". come out to P&O's on thursday if you can.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:25 PM
jwkirkland

Originally posted by BrImSt0ne
MAN JONATHAN THAT F****N SUX!!!!!!! glad no one was hurt, especially your kid. dont let them pin that **** on you man!! was your car actually "totaled out", or are you just using a figure of speech? Make sure you get pics man, thats concrete evidence. dont be a stranger just cause you dont have your z anymore. you're still one of the "boys". come out to P&O's on thursday if you can.
Hell yeah I will be there on Thursday!

It sucks but who cares, only a car. Since it looked like a crumple piece of sh*t from the deployed airbags forward, I suspect it is totalled. There will be another!

I woke up though when it comes to the SDPD **** crew, the way the cop took my son aside and questioned him, then started yelling at him, acusing my 9 year old of lyiing when my boy told him we were not racing anyone.

I will be at P&O on Thursday....tell you the story then...I spoke to attorney, have appt with him tomorrow at 5pm.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:52 PM
g4s

jon, all i can say is omfg. glad you guys are fine. see you thursday.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:56 PM
Z BOY

Originally posted by jwkirkland
Hell yeah I will be there on Thursday!

It sucks but who cares, only a car. Since it looked like a crumple piece of sh*t from the deployed airbags forward, I suspect it is totalled. There will be another!

I woke up though when it comes to the SDPD **** crew, the way the cop took my son aside and questioned him, then started yelling at him, acusing my 9 year old of lyiing when my boy told him we were not racing anyone.

I will be at P&O on Thursday....tell you the story then...I spoke to attorney, have appt with him tomorrow at 5pm.
Muthrfocker yelled at your kid??? I would certainly have been arrested for assault on a pig. You must have shown great restraint.
Would someone be willing to post that SDPD **** article?
Its good to carry one of those disposable cameras in your car at all times for situations like this.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:40 PM
Blue Batmobile
Inventor
Blue Batmobile

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Jon,

Sorry to hear of your mishap. Bottom line is you and your son are okay. I hope everything works out for you. So are you gonna stick with a Roadster or going the Coupe route? Color? Best of Luck...

Bat™

Quick Reply: San Diego GTGs.....