Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Troll Defense

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 08:22 AM
Wedge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Troll Defense

Here is some info that we all know, but that we for some reason cannot adhere to. This is something that someone long ago posted on the net and it makes a lot of sense. If EVERYONE can find it in themselves to follow the advice below, trolling will be minimized.

The Forum troll (Trollicus forumeticus bloodyirritatingus) is an evil mental parasite found in all areas of Forum, where it preys upon the brains of users (Homo stultissimus). Most clueful people avoid these creatures, since Forum trolls know no fear and attack unceasingly, demanding responses from their prey.

Forum trolls are immune to flames (Flammae useneticae), which is unfortunate, as most will try to attack them with these first. In fact, when a troll is attacked with flames, it will actually be able to use these flames to create more, which it will hurl back at its unfortunate attacker. Long-lived trolls may be able to render an entire Forum uninhabitable with all the flames it creates.

The only form of attack a troll has is its ability to incite responses, which it needs to feed from; hence, the best way to defend yourself against a troll is simply to ignore it. Deprived of nourishment, it will soon starve.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:39 AM
Phatmitzu

It reminds me of some thing came out of the user's handbook of the computer game Diablo II. Does it have any Mana?

Old 05-06-2004, 12:27 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

Good post! I hope everyone follows this advice!
Old 05-06-2004, 08:24 PM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Did we have a troll attack?? What did I miss???
Old 05-06-2004, 10:10 PM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

My question is simple.

If you've become banned, then why are you still allowed to gin acces to the site? If you're banned from a club, means you can't get in. Why then would that not aply here? Seems ludicrous to ban someone who is stirring up *****, and then allow them to come on and post anyway. 3 strikes, you're out, and that's that! Banned is banned, don't see why it would be any other way. Otherwise, what good are the rules of behaviour on this site, if anyone who gets 3 strikes, and then is banned is still allowed to post. The rules are there for a reason, should be followed, and if not you're out! Period! Then there is no valid reason for any of the rules and regulations.....seems hypocritical to me.

**** on people, go ahead, we'll scold you, but come back some more to do more damage??? I don't know??? Doesn't seem right to me.

The word ban (banned):

Pronunciation: 'ban
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): banned; ban·ning
Etymology: Middle English bannen to summon, curse, from Old English bannan to summon; akin to Old High German bannan to command, Latin fari to speak, Greek phanai to say, phone sound, voice transitive senses;

1- archaic: CURSE;

2- : to prohibit especially by legal means <ban discrimination>; also: to prohibit the use, performance, or distribution of <ban a book> <ban a pesticide;

3- intransitive senses: to utter curses or maledictions;

4- Forbid something: to forbid something officially or legally so that it cannot be done, used, seen, or read;

5- Stop somebody from doing something: to forbid somebody from doing something or going somewhere.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:17 PM
EL Diablo

Jen

I think the Drama is over,
In the event some stupid A$$, Piece of ****, Fake, loser, wanna be, ball sucker wants to TROLL the boards We will just ignore them. Seems some members come on as another name to save face and try to gain control of a losing situation.

Guess that method didnt work
Old 05-06-2004, 10:20 PM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

That's fine about the drama.....but my question still stands! Why if you've been banned, are you still allowed to come back and post??? Seems simple enough, no? As much as people will come back as others, that's fine. But when I see 3 strikes, or banned under someone's avatar, I don't understand why there are still here.
Old 05-07-2004, 04:46 AM
tbcz

When someone has been banned, they can no longer post under that screen name. So you will never see a banned member making new posts. I shouldn't say never though with the way this site has been behaving. If you ever see a banned member placing new posts please let us know.

Of course, a banned member can sign up under a new screen name, and as long as they behave themselves and hide their identity they can often fly under the radar for some time. If banning someone causes them to straighten out and become a member who adheres to the site's rules, I don't have too much of a problem with them resigning.

Frequently though, the banned member signs back up and picks up right where they left off. In this case they will be banned again. And again. And again. Victor has the ability to ban IPs, but this is something we only do as a last resort.

If anyone here has a problem with a repeat offender please notify a moderator. That is what we are here for. It is impossible for us to monitor all the activity here, and we appreciate your help in keeping this site friendly and informative.

Last edited by tbcz; 05-07-2004 at 04:49 AM.
Old 05-07-2004, 07:59 AM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Originally posted by tbcz
When someone has been banned, they can no longer post under that screen name. So you will never see a banned member making new posts. I shouldn't say never though with the way this site has been behaving. If you ever see a banned member placing new posts please let us know.

Of course, a banned member can sign up under a new screen name, and as long as they behave themselves and hide their identity they can often fly under the radar for some time. If banning someone causes them to straighten out and become a member who adheres to the site's rules, I don't have too much of a problem with them resigning.

Frequently though, the banned member signs back up and picks up right where they left off. In this case they will be banned again. And again. And again. Victor has the ability to ban IPs, but this is something we only do as a last resort.

If anyone here has a problem with a repeat offender please notify a moderator. That is what we are here for. It is impossible for us to monitor all the activity here, and we appreciate your help in keeping this site friendly and informative.
Thank you for the response.....I will definately keep you posted on what I see.

(Jen doesn't like abusive people)....