Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Dealership "Cut" my bumper

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 10:54 AM
tractng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership "Cut" my bumper

Guys,

I am pissed!!! Went to Perf. Nissan to day at 8. am to get an oil change. When a Z car turned in the finish service line. I saw a crack in the rear bumper. I was hoping it was not my car. Turned out it was.

Some service as**** might have reverse and hit a pickup truck's hitch or something.

I have heard horrible stories about dealership, but never realized that it was this bad. I heard stories about mechanic forgetting to put the nut (screw) in after an oil change and there was no oil in the engine. But stories like this is sad

Talked to the director there. He said he was going to have my bumper fix. I told him i don't want a re-bundle up job and a paint over. I want a new bumper.

They say give them 10 days (before checking the inventory) to order the bumper and I say "No". Once i said no, they knew i was mad and called the warehouse and told me they have it on stock and come back Monday.

At this point I have doubts, and went and check my oil level to see it if it was missing anything.

How do I make sure I actually going to get a "new" bumper instead of a fixed-upper one. Should I make some secret markings?

Knowing how incompetent these people are, the body shop will mess something up!!

I am not coming back there again.

Thanks,
Tony
Attached Thumbnails Dealership "Cut" my bumper-pic.jpg  
Old 08-07-2004, 11:13 AM
iLLestJrz

Dang, thats too bad...

I had my Touring rims curbed around the lug nut holes too by them when I had my new wheels installed. I guess they just need to pick the weeds out.
Old 08-07-2004, 12:39 PM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would talk to Jeff and ask if you can swing some kind of deal to get a body kit out of this for a drastically reduced price.
Old 08-07-2004, 01:29 PM
BoostTed

Accidents are bound to happen at dealers, its how the dealership fixes the problem is what seperates the good ones from the bad ones.

My last car an Audi A4 the dealer put a nice lil dent on my rear bumper while it was in for service, I didnt notice it until it got home. Brought it back the next day and same as you they wanted to "fix" it, I said no you are going to replace it. While it was in for the bumper repair, the service advisor called me to say did i know there was a crack on my windshield, I told him yea I have to fix that later, he then said I wasnt broken when you brought it in right? I caught on and said umm nope. He ended up replacing my windshield as well. Same dealer broke my amp rack the very next time I took it in, as least the admitted fault and bad for the repairs and then some.

At least this is not your car, a tech took a S4 out on a joy ride and crashed it on the freeway. This was the pic from a news helicopter.

Old 08-07-2004, 08:46 PM
tractng

Guys,

Should I inform my insurance co (Triple AAA) or should I wait? If I report to my insurance co., they might want to take a look at the car, and delay it form being repaired.

If I do report it, this might cover my back too. But you know how much hassle it is to deal with an insurance company.

Or should I just wait and see if Perf. Nissan will fix it (correctly). Isn't there a time frame you have to report to your insurance co.?

Tony
Old 08-08-2004, 12:27 AM
BoostTed

Originally posted by tractng
Guys,

Should I inform my insurance co (Triple AAA) or should I wait? If I report to my insurance co., they might want to take a look at the car, and delay it form being repaired.

If I do report it, this might cover my back too. But you know how much hassle it is to deal with an insurance company.

Or should I just wait and see if Perf. Nissan will fix it (correctly). Isn't there a time frame you have to report to your insurance co.?

Tony
I would wait. I would give Performance Nissan a week to give you an answer as to what they will do to fix the problem.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:40 AM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'd talk to Jeff@Performance before you contact AAA.
Old 08-08-2004, 08:18 PM
Wedge

If Performance accidentally damaged your car, they will take care of the damage. They have spent a lot of time, energy and money in advertising their dealership and building their reputation. They will not let one damaged bumper destroy all that on this forum.

I know you are going through a very frustrating experience, but I have confidence they will take care of you. The body shop they use did a great job on both my wing and front lip. Your bumper should come out just as well.

Hang in there!
Old 08-09-2004, 12:21 PM
ChrisMCagle

Originally posted by tractng
Guys,

Tony
Naw, don't contact your insurance company. that will only complicate matters (and depending on your company, they might raise your rates).

Contact jeff@performance and he will take care of you!

-Chris
Old 08-10-2004, 03:28 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never once has any one come to Performance Nissan and we denied fault and fixing the problem...

In this case... Jeff and Myself were not here... We were not approached... Jeff and I know everything about the parts department when it comes to what we have in stock and what we dont (We always have 5 Front Bumpers / 5 Rear Bumpers / 5 Front Fenders in stock for the 350z for our race cars (Basicly we have 5 full 350z's worth of parts on hand just for our race cars)...

Anyway to the point... We were not here or reachable so Bob couldnt ask us whats up...

As soon as we got word about it from Bob Sunday, Jeff and I planned to get a Rear Bumper sent off to be painted so the customer above can simply Drive In and have the New Bumper put on...

Monday, we notified the customer, he came in, put him in a rental car, will be picking up his car with new bumper and factory paint in stalled and better then it was when he first drove in...

There have been times when our rack's have scratched rims... We know our racks suck and we are working on getting new racks... If the tech isnt careful (and I am even guilty of this I scrached a CPF-Tuner and it was replaced the same day) they will scratch a rim... We take very carefull note to mark down every mark / scratch / brush mark / curb rash, anything that may be on your car and wheels... And when you pick it up... if there is no notated spot we do what we need to do to fix it...

We have replaced Wheels / Bumpers / Carbon Fiber Lips / Tires / etc... We will never and have never left any customer in the dark weither they come in for a $35 dollar oil change or a $2000 dollar cam install...

Another thing to take note of is that the Parts Department and the Service Department are seperated. We do not have control over Service Departments Pricing, we do not benifit from the service department either. We will recomend service writers to those who call us who will stay on top of their tech's and make sure they are doing what they need to do by the time they need to have it done... There are some service writers who will tell you this and that, get your car written up, and put it under with the rest of their paper work... But... when 350z's / G35's etc come in that I know about... I am running back and forth doing service departments work, makeing sure that the tech is getting the car done infront of other cars, making sure it is treated with extra special care, doing everything I can do get the car finished and to the customer with what ever they wanted installed and set to their needs...
Old 08-10-2004, 03:34 PM
kbirdsong

I can tell you from personal experiance that what Jason said is true. I have had my car there for service 3 times. The time i involved Jason and Jenny i was treated EXTREMELY well.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:38 PM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yup! Performance Nissan rules!
That's why I drive all the way there from South Bay.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:42 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

refer to this thread...

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....0&pagenumber=2
Old 08-10-2004, 03:55 PM
Moroccan_Mole

i wish i had a dealer of this caliber in my area!
Old 08-30-2004, 02:58 PM
OC_350Z

Best dealer around.