Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

Dallas Meet IV

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 07:06 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

1) Z_freak
2) 350Track
3) MICS-Z
4) cleanandquick06
5) Walkert
6) Speedrcr
7) bommart (maybe)
8) 3hree5ive0ero (maybe)
9) Sharon P.
10) Randall P.
11) Malic350
12) BlkblwnZ
13) Legionnaire (maybe)
14) SmokyTyrz

I've put way too much mileage on my Z just this month. I might not go just to give my car time to rest a little bit.

BTW, is anybody going to meet up with the ZOS people next friday for Ultimate Street Night at Texas Motorplex?
Old 06-14-2006, 07:22 PM
SmokyTyrz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is way too much mileage? Crap boy, when I was your age I was putting 5k miles a month on my cars, and it was mostly all pleasure driving!! (My grades weren't so hot...but hey you gotta find compromise somewhere).

Besides, my tired lazy *** doesn't drive as much anymore. So take your extra miles and subtract it from the miles I haven't put on this month and you're good to go!
Old 06-14-2006, 07:46 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Haha. Too much mileage would be 1000+ miles in a one month time period. Just this month (2 weeks), I've put 1800+ miles. Since the summer started, I've put 3000+ miles on my car. I'm going out way too damn much.

Damn, 5000 a month is just crazy! My grades weren't that great this year, but it wasn't cuz of the car.

Haha, I wish that logic worked in real life. Maybe........ we could trade Z's for a few days. That way, I could put miles on your car and you would garage mine to save miles. Now there's an idea!
Old 06-15-2006, 07:19 AM
Z-CRA-Z

Default New Chapter Announcement

Guys,

I just wanted to announce that 350ZOS.com has established a new North Texas Chapter for which I have taken the role of Moderator on their website.

I have also been able to gain Nissan sponsorship and there will be some upcoming car shows/events sponsored by Bankston Nissan of Lewisville.

We have set up a forum just for the North Texas 350Z owners which is basically this group.

I want to encourage everyone to sign up with 350ZOS.

I suggest we move this forum to ZOS permanently and use my350Z.com to
post meet announcements etc. only.

ZOS has plenty of bandwidth for our discussions and is a great place to be a member of.

See everyone there and at future meets etc..
Old 06-15-2006, 10:19 AM
SmokyTyrz

Default Rain, rain GO THE $%# AWAY!

Rain probablity is increasing for Saturday.

From NOAA: (updated 6/16)

I was told that driving my car in the rain would causing melting, an expiration of the warranty, and could possibly blow the motor... So if it's lookin dark and gloomy then my baby will be safe and sound in the garage. I could always bring the LSU-mobile.

Last edited by SmokyTyrz; 06-16-2006 at 12:10 PM.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:01 PM
NISMOFO

Smoky: I saw the "possible" rain in the forecast as well. I'll pick you up if you want to ride with me. I've driven mine in the rain about 10 times now

Misc-Z: This site gets way too much traffic for me to leave it for the ZOS site. Just think of how we all met? This site. So I'll continue to use both sites as usual. The Texas forum on here is pretty decent. I can't wait for more North Texas action.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:31 PM
blkblwnZ

Originally Posted by 350Track
The Z is doing good! Thanks for asking. You know I have new wheels since the last time you saw it?

I raced a black C6 Vette from a 40mph roll today. I left him and was ahead by half or a full car length by the time we hit 80mph. I was pretty happy about it.

So you will have your car this weekend right?

See, that's what you get for ditching us! I called your buddy and sabotaged your evil plans of missing this meet this weekend. Now you have no choice but to join us while we all admire your bodykit on your car.

I smell another small caravan to a meet coming up.
The Z will be there with a few new add ons - where and when are you caravaning from?
Old 06-15-2006, 07:33 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Damn, everybody's getting new stuff for their Z.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:54 PM
Z-CRA-Z

Originally Posted by 350Track
Smoky: I saw the "possible" rain in the forecast as well. I'll pick you up if you want to ride with me. I've driven mine in the rain about 10 times now

Misc-Z: This site gets way too much traffic for me to leave it for the ZOS site. Just think of how we all met? This site. So I'll continue to use both sites as usual. The Texas forum on here is pretty decent. I can't wait for more North Texas action.
Please don't get me wrong. I just want folks to join ZOS and get active on that site as well so they don't miss out on some of the upcoming events.
I also post a weekly weekend event list and this weekend is huge.

I'm not asking for folks to give up this forum. However, the new forum
created on ZOS was created with all of us in mind. A place for just 350Z
owners to come together in one club.

Yes, I said Club. Hopefully all of this will develop into the only 350Z club
for North Texas. Not to be confused with the North Texas Z club which
hosts older Z's, our new club will be for 350Z's only.

I know your already pretty active on both sites. Hopefully others will join
as well.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:21 AM
NISMOFO

Originally Posted by blkblwnZ
The Z will be there with a few new add ons - where and when are you caravaning from?
I'd be coming from McKinney. But it won't really be a caravan if I'm carpooling w/Smoky because of the rain...haha.

3hree5ive0ero, do you want to roll together as well?

Mics-Z, don't worry about all this forum stuff that I said. Just realize that I'm a forum wh*re, and I just never see myself settling down to just one forum.....unless I meet that one "special" forum some day...haha.

Actually, I think my350z.com kicks **** so I'm on here most often.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:50 AM
desibhar

Originally Posted by MICS-Z
Please don't get me wrong. I just want folks to join ZOS and get active on that site as well so they don't miss out on some of the upcoming events.
I also post a weekly weekend event list and this weekend is huge.

I'm not asking for folks to give up this forum. However, the new forum
created on ZOS was created with all of us in mind. A place for just 350Z
owners to come together in one club.

Yes, I said Club. Hopefully all of this will develop into the only 350Z club
for North Texas. Not to be confused with the North Texas Z club which
hosts older Z's, our new club will be for 350Z's only.

I know your already pretty active on both sites. Hopefully others will join
as well.
Yes, because there is a lot of meet information on ZOS that is not on
my350z. We have been inundated with meets over there. ZOS is just an informal club, and its a great bunch of people. No fees, or anything, come and go as you please. We have performance folks, show folks, etc and have great deals on installs and parts through our sponsors. I suggest everyone here at least check out the site.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:51 AM
Z-CRA-Z

Angry Gonna Miss it.

Guys,

I am bummed out totally. Since my Z has such a new and special
color, the Dealership had problems getting the paint codes in and
didn't receive them until today. So there is no way I will be able
to get my car back in time for the meet.

I was hoping to show off my new Nismo wing.

Oh well, maybe I'll come in my rental and check out everyone
elses rides.

You know I'll be at the next one for sure.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:56 AM
SmokyTyrz

Mmmmm...rental rampage..... I love me some rentals. They are very cathartic since I never like to abuse the one I own. :-)
Old 06-16-2006, 09:41 AM
NISMOFO

I really hate to post this, but who else might not being going? Maybe because of the weather or some other reason perhaps? I'm thinking of spending the whole day watching FF3 over and over again (j/k).

But unless someone REALLY wants to see my Nismo radiator cap in person, I might not be going as well.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:21 AM
Z_freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rain Out------Totaled Z

Hello all, in regards to the rain I say if it rains no meet.....it's not worth a wrecked Z.....

Also I have some bad news, I am going to start a new thread on this with pics but i totaled my Z wednesday night....

That being said if it does not rain I will be there Saturday...when I say rain i mean if there is even a hint of it, then it's a no go....

Please check the forum tomorrow and i will post up.....thanks all....
Old 06-16-2006, 10:26 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

I'm still not sure if I wanna go yet. I might, since I got nothing better to do.

Smoky started this "I'm not going" thing (although he changed his mind later)

Oh yea. I don't know if it's just my neighborhood, but mine doesn't let me wash my car. And I'm definitely not going to a car wash place with their little metal rail things and weird machinery.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:31 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Originally Posted by Z_freak
Hello all, in regards to the rain I say if it rains no meet.....it's not worth a wrecked Z.....

Also I have some bad news, I am going to start a new thread on this with pics but i totaled my Z wednesday night....

That being said if it does not rain I will be there Saturday...when I say rain i mean if there is even a hint of it, then it's a no go....

Please check the forum tomorrow and i will post up.....thanks all....
WTF?!?!? You totaled your Z??? You just got it!!! What happened? Are you alright?
Old 06-16-2006, 11:09 AM
Randall Patters

Z Freak... Hope your OK, I'm damn sorry to hear the bad news.
MICS-Z Hope the shop gets it right for ya, I can't wait to see the new wing on your Z.Thanks for getting the sponsorship through Bankston Nissan, I look forward to the shows/events upcoming.

There are so many Z clubs that have all year Z's and most of those clubs are old school Z's with few if any 350Z's. We started 350ZOS last year for the 350Z owners in Texas, People that want to meet, mod, show, cruise and share the passion of this sweet car with others. Some of our members are members of other clubs as well so We're not about "Hey come join our club We're the best" or anything like that. We are just about having fun, be it at a meet, a show, a cruise or a good ole Margarita party at my House.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:33 AM
SmokyTyrz

See, I had a different impression of the ZOS guys when I first got into the forums back in October 05. The early postings made you guys look, well, kinda cocky.

But after meeting a few of ya and having correspondence on the board I'm happy to find I was wrong. However it happens, I hope all the 350Z bruthas can group together. I guess I need to go check out the ZOS forums again. Still, I'm with 350Track. This is kind of our home. :-) But I understand what y'all are sayin.

Robert: Not sure if my emails are reachin ya bud but I hope your feeling ok. I totally feel for ya man. That's just horrible. I'm just glad you made it out alright, aside from some bumps and bruises.

How is your back?

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
I'm still not sure if I wanna go yet. I might, since I got nothing better to do.
Well, if you've got nothing better to do...

Smoky started this "I'm not going" thing (although he changed his mind later)
Ooohh..cheap shot and a call-out. Writin that one down.... I'll git ya...

Oh yea. I don't know if it's just my neighborhood, but mine doesn't let me wash my car. And I'm definitely not going to a car wash place with their little metal rail things and weird machinery.
You mean water hoses and sprayers? All that "machinery" is a bit advanced... Seriously though, I'm pretty sure the restrictions are everywhere (except Highland Park, of course, cuz the super-rich need to pour water into the street and dance around in it, apparently). I dunno...my house is on a parking alley, with the garage in the back. So I wash back there, hidden away. I try to be responsible about it. I think they are mostly after folks who hose-wash with no sprayer, so the hose just continually wastes water. Use a sprayer nozzle, be conservative, and you'll use less water than you would with a bucket-only wash (which they do allow, btw).

I'll getcha....

Last edited by SmokyTyrz; 06-16-2006 at 12:06 PM.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:01 PM
Z_freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Dave, got your e-mails.....thanks Randall, hopefully one day I will get to see your car....

Here is the link if you want to see the devastation

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/197931-z-vs-tree.html

Last edited by Z_freak; 06-16-2006 at 12:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Dallas Meet IV