Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[Houston]: Houston Shops: Update with experience

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 10:21 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

fsdfsdfsdf

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 04-05-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:09 PM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by mattshaver
Big ups to Derek and Manny at Street Dreams Unlimited. Those guys did great work where I effed up my rear quarter panel, and they went the extra mile dropping me off at the rental car place. I can't even tell that there was any work done. Awesome work that they do there.

And thanks again to Mike for recommending them.
I saw your car there. Glad everything worked out.... pix of the before and after
Old 04-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Big THANKS to AwesomeZ for taking care of my care again! Make sure to check them out everyone if you need your Z service or modded!!!
Old 04-05-2010, 11:49 AM
GeauxLadyZ

ATTENTION: VERY IMPORTANT, YOUR LIFE MAY DEPEND ON IT:

As some of you may know, me and some others have been recommending a shop called "Street Dreams Unlimited". THis is because we had work done there and for us, the work came out well.

Recently, within the past few months, one of the owners of shop who does most of the work has done the following, all within a very short period of time:

1. Left ALL the wheel lugs hand loose on my car, barely even on, but i only got down the street before i noticed and had him tighten. He then overtightened them i found out not too long ago.

2. Left ALL the lug nuts loose on another member's car here. Thankfully he noticed at a gas station and had them take care of it.

3. This past week, he DID NOT tighten a bolt/nut on another member's rear camber arms when he installed them, result:

The guy's wheel fell sideways on freeway and he crashed into the center wall, went airborne, and flipped three times thereby TOTALING HIS CAR. Thankfully, he is ok and walked away from the crash, but there is no doubt that this bolt/nut was never tightened (he has pics from the crash site) by this shop owner/worker at Street Dreams Unlimited.

EDIT:To be 100% fair to the shop and all involved, it has not been proven that this was the cause of the accident, but the driver thinks it was, others who have been told the facts think it was, and an eye witness to the accident said he 100% for sure saw the wheel collapse on itself, then the car loose control and go into the divider.

Also, the bolts on both ends of the arm where NOT stripped, broken, or anything, and the arm itself was not broken, so manufacturer fault can not be the case here. The only way it failed was if it literally came unscrewed because it was never tightened, or not tightened enough. These are the facts, so you decide for yourself. I have been told all of this by the driver, himself.

DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO STREET DREAMS UNLIMITED UNTIL THIS IS RESOLVED!!

Im hoping to get this out as early as possible, and for those that i have recommended, i deeply apologize, i had no knowledge of most of this until today.

I am in the process of going back through this thread to edit any post of mine where i recommended this shop,

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 04-05-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:20 PM
ReaganDee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't burn straight through Street Dreams Unlimited ... The mechanical side might not be that strong but their body work side is good ... They have a number of good looking rides that have rolled out of there (mine included)

love you Mike

Last edited by ReaganDee; 04-05-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:08 PM
GeauxLadyZ

^ wat, are you serious!?

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 04-05-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:22 PM
ReaganDee

You're just sayin and I'm just sayin ...

For the things that have gone wrong at Street Dreams there has also been plenty that has gone just fine and come out of there lookin sweet

I would say let's hug it out, but I don't want you drawing wood cuz i know you want my body

P.S. Speaking of broken promises what happened to us getting hammered Saturday night at IFO ... thanks for nothing crazy raccoon hat man

Last edited by ReaganDee; 04-05-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:53 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Lol, you should have come up Friday night. Had to go alittle easier on Sat night, but damn u could have stayed at the hotel bar @ 5 bucks a beer!
Old 04-05-2010, 05:21 PM
wangsta

Anyone know of a good place to get my bumper/trunk lid repainted around the league city area? backed into my garage door and the metal hinges on the garage door scraped some pieces of paint off my bumper/lid.

Seems like the most recently talked about shop in the SE quadrant is Street Dreams Unlimited. Given the some negative post regarding them I'd like to hear a few more options.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:00 PM
ReaganDee

I still say go to street dreams unlimited ... just dont let them remove your wheels
Old 04-17-2010, 10:41 AM
pony_killer
Arada ninda apa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TSP (TeamShiftPoint)...Mike did a great job installing my brakes (rotors/pads/ss lines/motul fluid) and my MREV2!! Before installing the MREV2, he showed that some of the upper plenum bolts were lose (previously from me doing a DIY of the MD 5/16 ) and loc tited and torqued everything back down into spec. Car runs hella strong now with the MD 5/16 and MREV2 combo and stops on a dime!!
Old 04-26-2010, 01:58 PM
pangoman

Originally Posted by GeauxLadyZ
ATTENTION: VERY IMPORTANT, YOUR LIFE MAY DEPEND ON IT:

As some of you may know, me and some others have been recommending a shop called "Street Dreams Unlimited". THis is because we had work done there and for us, the work came out well.

Recently, within the past few months, one of the owners of shop who does most of the work has done the following, all within a very short period of time:

1. Left ALL the wheel lugs hand loose on my car, barely even on, but i only got down the street before i noticed and had him tighten. He then overtightened them i found out not too long ago.

2. Left ALL the lug nuts loose on another member's car here. Thankfully he noticed at a gas station and had them take care of it.

3. This past week, he DID NOT tighten a bolt/nut on another member's rear camber arms when he installed them, result:

The guy's wheel fell sideways on freeway and he crashed into the center wall, went airborne, and flipped three times thereby TOTALING HIS CAR. Thankfully, he is ok and walked away from the crash, but there is no doubt that this bolt/nut was never tightened (he has pics from the crash site) by this shop owner/worker at Street Dreams Unlimited.

EDIT:To be 100% fair to the shop and all involved, it has not been proven that this was the cause of the accident, but the driver thinks it was, others who have been told the facts think it was, and an eye witness to the accident said he 100% for sure saw the wheel collapse on itself, then the car loose control and go into the divider.

Also, the bolts on both ends of the arm where NOT stripped, broken, or anything, and the arm itself was not broken, so manufacturer fault can not be the case here. The only way it failed was if it literally came unscrewed because it was never tightened, or not tightened enough. These are the facts, so you decide for yourself. I have been told all of this by the driver, himself.

DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO STREET DREAMS UNLIMITED UNTIL THIS IS RESOLVED!!

Im hoping to get this out as early as possible, and for those that i have recommended, i deeply apologize, i had no knowledge of most of this until today.

I am in the process of going back through this thread to edit any post of mine where i recommended this shop,
Damn Mike...this is serious stuff.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:09 PM
pangoman

Originally Posted by ReaganDee
I wouldn't burn straight through Street Dreams Unlimited ... The mechanical side might not be that strong but their body work side is good ... They have a number of good looking rides that have rolled out of there (mine included)
Although I have had my Z there for suspension work, I actually worked hand in hand with D installing the new shocks. So if anything wasn't done right then it was on me as well. In the past there were a few times that caused frustration due to orders taking forever which contributed to work taking forever. But like Reagan said, much of that work was cosmetic and the shop has turned out some good work. A lot of people went there because it was an acquiantance/friend but mostly because they got really great deals. I believe you even had body work done and were extremely satisfied with the work Mike. I'm with you Reagan.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:43 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Originally Posted by pangoman
Although I have had my Z there for suspension work, I actually worked hand in hand with D installing the new shocks. So if anything wasn't done right then it was on me as well. In the past there were a few times that caused frustration due to orders taking forever which contributed to work taking forever. But like Reagan said, much of that work was cosmetic and the shop has turned out some good work. A lot of people went there because it was an acquiantance/friend but mostly because they got really great deals. I believe you even had body work done and were extremely satisfied with the work Mike. I'm with you Reagan.
Yes i did, and no im not. Runs in paint everywhere. Im in the process of working out a deal with another shop to get the entire car repainted.

Believe me when i tell you you are in the huge minority in being satisfied with their work.

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 04-26-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:01 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Pango, i think you still have my #, if you really want to know why i made this post in here, then give me a call whenever...and i promise you once you hang up the phone you'll have a drastic change of heart.

The few things i listed above are only the tip of the iceberg. I will NOT have people getting hurt or messing up their cars because they may have taken my recommendation on a shop. Thanks but no thanks. Friendship is one thing Pango, but business is business.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:36 PM
latromi

I happen to know of a great GT-R tech at Clear Lake Nissan. He has always done excellent work on my cars. I will never take my car to anyone else. Just thought I would change the tone a little bit.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:00 PM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by latromi
I happen to know of a great GT-R tech at Clear Lake Nissan. He has always done excellent work on my cars. I will never take my car to anyone else. Just thought I would change the tone a little bit.
Yep... I vouch for Clint
Old 04-26-2010, 09:13 PM
ReaganDee

+2 for Clint ... hooked me up phat!!!! on my 60,000 mile tune up
Old 04-27-2010, 02:09 AM
pangoman

Originally Posted by latromi
Troo dat...outside of myself, Clint is the only one that has ever worked on my Z. The only one that I really trust with my Z.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:18 AM
pangoman

Originally Posted by GeauxLadyZ
Pango, i think you still have my #, if you really want to know why i made this post in here, then give me a call whenever...and i promise you once you hang up the phone you'll have a drastic change of heart.

The few things i listed above are only the tip of the iceberg. I will NOT have people getting hurt or messing up their cars because they may have taken my recommendation on a shop. Thanks but no thanks. Friendship is one thing Pango, but business is business.
You're getting me wrong Mike. This isn't about a "friendship or business" deal. This is about people that see that they can pay a fraction of what it should cost for a job and jump all over it and when it doesn't go their way sit there and talk to everyone but who they have an issue with. They take "the deal" and not question why it is so cheap. Seriously, didn't anyone ever question their mechanical competence when all they saw at the shop was a mess of stuff and some hand jacks? At one point I mentioned to DZ that maybe they should just stick with the bolt on and body kit stuff that they started with and not accept the mechanical work. While the shop does need to take responsibility for their wrong doings some of these folks should accept partial responsibility and address it directly. As for me, if I have an issue with you, you can count on it that we'll discuss it. I won't go to everyone else first like some of these other guys. That's weak.

Last edited by pangoman; 04-27-2010 at 04:23 AM.

Quick Reply: [Houston]: Houston Shops: Update with experience