Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[DFW]: Dallas Shops: Update with experience

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 06:20 PM
tquill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AllstarE4
Hey man I'll help you out. What are shops quoting you? I'll bet I'm alot cheaper than shops. I'm not a rapist. LOL It's kind of a pain on the Z, but nothing too ridiculous.
Do you install clutches? I'm thinking of replacing mine here some time in the future.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:50 PM
blue20051

looking for a full detail shop around ft worth, anyone know a place?
Old 10-21-2010, 02:50 PM
chiromed0

Alamo Autosports Arlington, Texas. Seem to be a legitimate business with some knowledge & history tuning. However, so far, my experience wasn't great. To my surprise finding some stinking spark plugs for an '07 HR motor was next to impossible. Nobody stocks them in the metro...every dealership was out. Sell the car but don't stock maintenance parts-go figure.

Anyway, I called and they said they had the stock Denso plug at $12 (concurred with the best net prices). Showed up and got the bait&switch treatment..now only racing plugs at more than twice the price. Gave them year & motor but they acted like they "knew" what I needed rather than simply "listening" to what I need, verifying the reference #'s etc. So they sold me some Denso Power plugs @ $29/each and claim that's the plug...I had doubts and should have listened to myself. Got back to the office and of course, no go...specs for 03-06 and not the HR motor. So called and they are ordering the right ones but said they would sell me the 'correct' plugs for the same price? WTH? They think they are doing me a favor by selling me $12 plugs for $29? I told them the dealer only charges $18 so they said they'd match it. That's still not good business: matching the dealer price vs the dealer having to match retail. Dealer is almost always the highest price in town. So???

Moral of the story is even if you go to a self proclaimed expert do your homework and take your part #'s in with you. If they don't have the right one don't take their "but this will work" suggestions and just walk out the door with your money. They won't compensate you for your time/frustration and their mistake. After this episode I'm basically just going to order all my crap online and do everything myself. I'm getting too old to put up with lazy people in retail who do business this way. I guess if you have to use them then they probably are fine but it doesn't inspire much confidence if something this simple is messed up-I won't be taking my Porsche there so it's their loss.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:27 PM
blue20051

i had a friend who need a BOV for his wrx, alamo had what my friend need but for an outrageous price. He didnt buy it and has never been back since..
Old 11-24-2010, 04:00 PM
RFortier1796

I've never had to deal with Alamo personally, but I do have a good buddy who got ****ed over by them pretty good with a transmission issue on his Mazdaspeed Protege, had to threaten to take them to small claims court before it all got solved.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:43 AM
tsar

I just got my car back from "Complete Autobody LCC" and I couldn't be more satisfied. My friend recommended them to me after getting his Nismo v2 front color matched to his PPW Z. I had my passenger quarter, door, and rear bumper repaired: had my car back in the time frame that was designated for a great price and quality craftsmanship. The owner of the shop, Tommy, is a great guy who took the business over from his father and you can tell that they treat their customers right. They also fix wheels and have a guy that does paintless dent repair (I had 2 dents popped out while my car was in the shop). Like with any quality body shop, they provide life time warranty on their work.

They are in the Arlington area but it's worth the drive if you want to have a piece of mind that they will treat your car right.

Complete Autobody LLC
2001 W. Pioneer Parkway
Pantego, TX 76013

Forgot to mention that they've been in business for 19 years and still going strong.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:04 AM
nxtlevl007

best paint shops in the n. fort worth/southlake area? need a bumper and side skirts painted once they get in.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:06 PM
nxtlevl007

Thumbs up Speedshield high-end paint protection film! STELLAR !!!

Hey guys,
I just wanted to let you know about the great guys (Trey and Nick) over at Speedshield in Addison, TX. They just did their 24" package on my 350Z covering my hood and front fenders. I also had my mirrors and headlights covered as well (headlights run extra). I must say they did a GREAT JOB! They also have 10 years of experience doing this!

As picky as I am about paint and chips, I wanted to protect my near perfect paint with a great product. I bought a very low mileage one owner Z a few months ago and wanted to protect my investment. Their product is warrantied for life and doesn't require any special maintenance...not does it yellow/fade, etc.

My brother had a nismo style front bumper done by them on his old 350 and also had the entire front end of his Corvette Z06 done by them. After seeing their work and how it held up, it was an obvious choice when it came time for my car. I happened to run into Trey (owner) at the Cars and Coffee show in Plano last month (where my brother and i were looking at some of the Porsche and Lamborginis they had worked on), and after learning even more about their products, I decided to book my appointment.

These guys do all kinds of high end cars like Bugatti, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, etc........Dallas's elite car owners are coming to these guys to protect their paint.

They were able to get me in quickly and accomodate my schedule in picking the car up after hours due to my work schedule. Nothing but greatness here. Check em out and protect that paint!!!

http://www.speedshieldusa.com/
Old 04-26-2011, 04:29 PM
coronaZ

Can anyone recommend a good audio/visual place that can install a navigation where the cubby would normally be? And also a good place for window tint?

Moving down to Dallas from Chicago. Know nothing about Dallas shops. Thanks guys.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:57 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Ha, I moved to Chicago from Dallas. When are you moving down to Dallas?
Old 04-26-2011, 05:02 PM
coronaZ

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
Ha, I moved to Chicago from Dallas. When are you moving down to Dallas?
May 1st! Chicago is a great city, I'm just looking to escape the winters however lol.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:50 PM
MikeC350z

Originally Posted by coronaZ
Can anyone recommend a good audio/visual place that can install a navigation where the cubby would normally be? And also a good place for window tint?

Moving down to Dallas from Chicago. Know nothing about Dallas shops. Thanks guys.
Texas Audio Customs off Jupiter Road in Garland. These guys specialize in custom work and do a great job for fair prices. They also back up what they do without question to make sure you are completely satisfied.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:23 PM
knkw98

Hello all,

I currently have a 2007 350z with gtm test pipes and a motordyne exhaust system and have the check engine light on.

I also think the motor is running rich due to the smell off the exhaust.

I was wanting to find a good shop in Dallas or around the area since I am located in East Texas, closest large city, basically to get a tune and look into fixing the check engine light, most likely due to the GTM test pipes.

I am needing to get the car inspected soon since I just bought the car from a state that didn't require an emissions test.

Thank you for your help,
Ken
Old 07-26-2011, 04:04 AM
Deteria

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone have any recommendations on where to get audio installed in DFW? I haven't been in the car scene since few years ago back when there was still Tweeters and Ultimate Electronics. Now I just know CarToys lol.

I want to get a new double din HU installed + 4 channel amp + component speakers. Car gots Blose -_-
Old 08-05-2011, 11:18 AM
KRM5124

Does anyone have any recent experience (like over the summer) with Complete Autobody in Arlington? I've seen good things on here, but mostly in posts a year+ in age. The only reason I ask is I have tried calling and e-mailing a few times and haven't heard back yet.

Last edited by KRM5124; 08-05-2011 at 11:20 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 08-30-2011, 07:16 AM
KRM5124

Does anyone have any recent experience (like over the summer) with Complete Autobody in Arlington? I've seen good things on here, but mostly in posts a year+ in age. The only reason I ask is I have tried calling and e-mailing a few times and haven't heard back yet.
Figured I should update this, After about a week I finally talked to someone over at Complete Autobody, however their prices were a little high for me for what I was wanting done, so no actual work was done to my car from them.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:34 AM
red350track

Im not even going to get started on how bad jotech Screwed me over.....
Old 09-20-2011, 09:10 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

^ Then why post at all?
Old 09-20-2011, 11:19 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
^ Then why post at all?
Edit - Clutch install went bad and jotech wouldnt fix it..

- another note - 07s if not done right have major issues with the hydraulic throwout..

Last edited by AcidJake75; 09-20-2011 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:25 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

There's still no point in calling out a shop like that if he's not going to provide details. What, are we supposed to message him and wait for him to message back, if that even happens, to find out the details? If you're not going to get started, then don't get started -- simple.

Quick Reply: [DFW]: Dallas Shops: Update with experience