Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

New San Antonio Car Club

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 06:48 PM
GrayG35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New San Antonio Car Club

Me and a couple of friends are starting a new Z and G enthusiest car club. We will try to have regular meets, and cruises every now and then. The meets and cruises will be a great opportunity to meet other people in San Antonio with the same kinds of interests as you. If you are interested or would like more information feel free to PM me or post here.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:29 PM
NS_350GT

Good idea, check out the G&Z meet we have going on.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:34 PM
G Thizzle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

interested.... let me know what is good!!!

Last edited by G Thizzle; 01-12-2007 at 09:39 PM.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:15 PM
zsport1

Or you could save yourself some time and hard work and join www.zsport.org Get a free mag subscription, parts discounts, etc.... I believe G owners are welcome.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:57 AM
z-u-later

Why start a new club when there's already a Z club in SA? Instead, use the existing club to help promote your events.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:10 AM
G Thizzle

sounds like a plan to me...
Old 01-13-2007, 09:51 AM
6MT G-STYLE

I just recently joined the zsport club here in S.A. and I believe I am the only G so far. It would be really cool to see some other G's join soon. Anyhow, it's only $35 to join and you do get parts discounts...year subscription to Nissan Sport Mag...etc. The newly appointed zsport officers do seem really commited to making this a premier club...we just need some more G's guys...plus if anything they have a meeting every 2nd Tuesday of the month to go over the club, check out everyone's rides in the parking lot and basically drink beer...
Old 01-13-2007, 11:31 AM
zsport1

Z Sport currently has 3 G35 owners as members. We just recently opened the club up to G owners as we undestand the love for the G car as well. The club currently has about 70 paid members and the monthly meeting attendance is usually around 40 people. We have monthly events as well. This month is the Jaguar rally. The Jaguar club puts together a road rally for area car clubs. Each club shows up with their group and join in the rally. Next month is a Texas Winery tour. April we are putting together a major Z & G car show at Champps Americana. And we will have new club t shirts available next month. As mentioned $35 covers you for 1 year. With that you get a membership card, club newsletter, 1 year subscription to Nissan Sport Mag, and parts discounts available thru our sponsors.
If you would like a copy of our Jan newsletter emailed to you send me a PM.

Last edited by zsport1; 01-13-2007 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:41 PM
GrayG35

i saw this and was interested at first but i was not verry interested in joining a club that charges to be in it no offence. I wanted o have a club where anyone with a z or g could join for no charge. I will most likely be steeing up a small meet sometime soon in order to get to know the people who are interested. If you are interested add your name to the list below thanks.

1.GrayG35-Joseph
Old 01-13-2007, 07:05 PM
ZtoonR

I know for a fact you wont be able to get a club started with no funds, espeacially in San Antonio. The purpose of any membership is to cover many things things like ZCCA (Z Car Club Association) dues, discounted mag. sub, & many other benefits at a low cost. Not to mention, a lot of the foot work has already been done. Anything new like an event that comes our way we usually have some members that want to attend them. However, I think all you want is a group of Z & G owners to hang out with, that's all good. I have no trouble in hanging out with anyone that is not a part of Z Sport, I like everyone who is a car tuner. But ,please don't call yourselves a club, you have know idea what it takes to actually run one. Maybe I am wrong, cause I don't know your past experience with any clubs. If you don't have any idea on what it takes to run a club, you may find out it cannot be run by one person alone. You may just turn around and start saying, I think we should just have a team name.

Even then, if everyone wants to put on a vinyl windsheild decal, they would spend more money on that, then a club membership, all just to show who they roll with.

Now I do know Dallas has two Z/Nissan clubs, but that is a differant story and is also a city that has a large motorsport community, San Antonio doesn't.

Well, I said my peace. PM me when you have a gathering planned or something, I would like to attend. Also, please don't take this as an attack, I just don't see another Z/NISSAN Club succeeding. If you decide to come by and check out the Z Meet's again, you are alway's welcome. Come share your thoughts and join the fun.

Laters

Last edited by ZtoonR; 01-13-2007 at 07:08 PM.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:37 PM
GrayG35

Im not trying to talk bad about Zsport but ive been on to the site a few times and have not seen much taking place on the forum. I have also noticed that there are not many newer model Zs or Gs in this group. My past experience with a car club includes me as a member with SEA- Strictly European Auto sport. The leader would not charge for membership, only donations at ones own will. The only thing that he would charge for is the quarter window decals and t-shirts displaying the clubs name. Oh and i am not really a fan of the whole windshield decal thing anyways. Also like you said i wanted to make a group to hang out with for meets and cruises. Anyways i would like to have you attend the meets and i am interested in attending a couple of ZSports meets as well.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:38 PM
GrayG35

oh and i forgot to mention i am not trying to make this into some sort of rivalry either.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:03 PM
ZtoonR

Don't worry about it, there will never be any conflicts here. This isn't a gang thing, its a car thing, its all good. Like I said, I like anyone who is a tuner. I also would like to attend something other than a reg. meet or event every now and then, just to do something different. PM me on any meets.

It actually is nice to see who else is just doing their own thing. I also, see that a club thing isn't for everyone and I know that the other clubs you participated in, didn't really charge anything to participate, thats a nice luxury to have in a club. I really wish that could be the same for Z Sport. However, in the past there was no way it could function due to the lack of raised funds/donations to even cover trophies in the past for any of the events held by the club. Which forced the club to have a membership fee, I think only a few dollars, per membership actually goes to the club to cover some of the cost the club encounters annually. That's all I have to say about that. (he, he).

All is good in the kingdom of the Z's & G's.

Laters.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:17 PM
GrayG35

haha thanks for understanding and ill be sure to pm about any meets if this thing kicks off.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:24 PM
ZtoonR

You know I am down with anything related to G's or Z's, so please keep me posted on things.

Laters.

Also, are you going down to Houston with the S.A.'s G's & Z's to the Import Showoff? There is another tread to that if you want to put your name on the list.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:24 PM
ZtoonR

Sorry. posted twice, had to edit. Had a little too much caffine and I pressed the enter button two times.

LaterZ.

Last edited by ZtoonR; 01-13-2007 at 08:26 PM.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:44 AM
G Thizzle

Fellas i am just a G35Driver... so i am always down to meet with whoever wants to meet and BS about our cars!!! I will try to make it out to the Z sport meet... and Gray keep us posted on anything you got going on also! Hope to see and meet everyone soon!
Old 01-16-2007, 06:20 PM
GrayG35

just bumpin and waiting for the weather to clear up so we can get a meeting time and place set up
Old 01-17-2007, 07:25 AM
ramgar21

GrayG35 Count me in.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:59 PM
d1auto

figure out when yall are going to meet and i might just drive up for it...